Worthless Turrets

• Praepolo
    Praepolo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 44
    Turn off smoke from buildings, it helps the lag during repairs. I've had no issues since I did that, even on my old PC.
    Failing that turn ALL the settings off and see if it helps.
  • Eric3518
    Eric3518
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 7
    edited 8 Nov 2020, 1:10PM
    Jumping to another world won't make my turrets better.  Any other brilliant advice you would care to share?
    Also, turn off base hitting during events.  There is no reason for someone's silly PVP game to interfere with our PVE EVENT!
    Another good suggestion is to make base repairs as quick as the attackers repairs.  No more than 2.5 hours for the whole base to repair. 30 mins for the turrets.
    why not send this to kix then.

I have the new turrets so your argument is void.  Let's look at it from a coiners perspective...If you lose your fleet, you're out 5 coins.  If you kill one turret, it's 15 coins.  15 x 24 = 360 coins, plus the buildings, gates and OP, taking the total to over 500 coins easily.  One fleet shouldn't be able to do 100 times the damage.  There is no valid excuse for the way things are. 

Auto repair on docks, 36 hour bubble, at worst you lose 4 hours during a raid.
    In a perfect world, and that's still unacceptable.  Lag makes my game unplayable until the turrets repair.  Do conq fleets enjoy the half time repairs during events?  If so, then the game is really out of balance.

this sounds like a bug. send a report in. or try using a different browser.

if this unacceptable then leave.

i have had people hitting me, my base is repaired when i get back. it doesnt bother me anymore because my base auto repairs after each hit.

what exactly is your problem?

my base cannot repair fast enough! well that good it only takes 10hrs for a base to complete repair. chit happens. if it bothers you that much get an alt account and frubble yourself all the time so you get peace and quiet. 

From what I've seen, you guys are the only ones having problems hitting bases.  I guess if you cry loud enough kix will make it even easier for you.
  • SeaSage
    SeaSage
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 39
    All my turrets are worthless same with my defending ships, everything else is slowly becoming useless as well. new things come out too fast for me to keep up, I am not able to play all that often.

Game needs more balance, they balanced it out a few months ago, with free base and fleet upgrades

Now the game is dead for me, as is sector and world chat.

Kixeye please have a good think through about this game and look at all players again not just the top ones
  • zeke.wolf.9
    zeke.wolf.9
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 40
    thought i add my 2 cents here.the whole reason i got into this game 8 years ago was base defense. i have never joined an alliance, don't like all the chores. i did form my own, "pack of one" paka1. that's my thing lol. now in the early years it was the wild west. back then and still today my base hitter fleets suck, all resources went into base defense.in fact it was 4 years before i hit my first base back then i had 4 predator fleets and i was one of those **** snipers then wait for the wrath. then there was the prepping. for me the new format was a great win for base defense, but i digress. i will be the first to admit i've been disappointed how base defense was being handle, but i am encouraged now. love the overlord and piranahs. now i won't even attempt to give advice, since there are greenhorns who know more about this game then me lol. for example i didn't know till i read it here that farsight and hellmouth turrets fired over mountains. in fact i get my gems of wisdom from 2 sources, here and derpy the cow. big shout out to derpy! now here is my point, i built a base that was very good against hounds and trenchers. but then came the hellswarms and my base became a farm.i had one pirate that became a regular visitor  so i redesigned my whole base and used the mountains to my best advantage. the next time he visited he was toast, tried a few more times and haven't seen him since now here is my point, since the design change not many have beat my base, not bragging just fact. in fact my whole strategy has changed in bounty, i used to wait till bubbled then rush like hell to collect bounty, all replica bounty. but last bounty i  would take my time and hope someone would visit. in fact one night left 4000 unsecured bounty and no visits, why? over 90% of attackers failed. did i get beat? of course. but not without high cost, all with 1 ship left with over 80% damage. sort of puts a bad taste in most whales. it's starting to get lonely lol. i get a lot of peepers but few quests. again not trying to brag but point out how your base is designed is just as important as your tech.  

• nowiamthemaster
    nowiamthemaster
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 633
    you can play one  event a  month  for a  few hours and   get  the  top tech    kixeye  give you lazy  complainers  free stuff all the time so you can stop  whining  if you dont play  you dont got  nothing to complain about  this game is setup the way it is  if you want some instant  play with top tech   game go play  ps4 gta or  call of duty this game is  not like those  instant get everything you want without putting in time or coin..   you say your not a noob but  your base  be getting smashed like  napolians  totts
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,100
    edited 9 Nov 2020, 2:57PM
    All of that childish rant doesn't improve my turrets.  They are still garbage.   I'm not happy with killing 3 ships and leaving 1 or 2 with 30-40%.  My base could kill anything that got close to the first gate before they made the defender class hulls weak and worthless, and the only thing to defend your base with.  Kix doesn't give me anything that they don't give to you.  Now, what were you saying..."master"?  lolol!  The fact is, the turrets are weak and fragile.  Maybe you get off on attacking Barbie bases and leave with a slap in the face, but that's not how I play. 
    Pull your guard and see how well your extremely limited range turrets do.  Make the conqs have 12 hours repair like most fleets.  Even it up because the game is off balance, due to the whales crying about the damage they take from hitting a decent base.
    Your base isn't good, you just haven't had a decent attacker.  Most good attackers use two fleets, one to kill your ships, the other finishes off your base.  Both fleets take maybe 2 hours to repair, while your base takes most of the day to repair.
  • Praepolo
    Praepolo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 44
    edited 9 Nov 2020, 4:31PM
    New PVP rules prevent prepping out, base fully repairs unless you fail to defend as do the guard ships.
  • Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,008
    All of that childish rant doesn't improve my turrets.  They are still garbage.   I'm not happy with killing 3 ships and leaving 1 or 2 with 30-40%.  My base could kill anything that got close to the first gate before they made the defender class hulls weak and worthless, and the only thing to defend your base with.  Kix doesn't give me anything that they don't give to you.  Now, what were you saying..."master"?  lolol!  The fact is, the turrets are weak and fragile.  Maybe you get off on attacking Barbie bases and leave with a slap in the face, but that's not how I play. 
    Pull your guard and see how well your extremely limited range turrets do.  Make the conqs have 12 hours repair like most fleets.  Even it up because the game is off balance, due to the whales crying about the damage they take from hitting a decent base.
    Your base isn't good, you just haven't had a decent attacker.  Most good attackers use two fleets, one to kill your ships, the other finishes off your base.  Both fleets take maybe 2 hours to repair, while your base takes most of the day to repair.
    do you realise, how strong base defence is at the moment?

Snoopy
  • Paul Fisher75
    Paul Fisher75
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2020 Posts: 9
    I am 6 months to game , I have about 12 turrets in my base . I keep loads of fleets out my base , I joined alliance and got advice which helps loads . Bigger players get in in , BUT more Enjoyable when they lose :)
  • ZoneTan
    ZoneTan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 201
    Max Thornton ...........   
    if you havent done pvp in 8 years, you only have yourself to blame, and it doesnt seem like it matters if you have good or bad turrets in your base since you say it causes lag, just recycle your turrets and have less lag as you say. i doubt you really know what you are talking about when it comes to base defence and i doubt you can actively help anyone with advice if you dont participate in pvp, maybe you helped them years ago but there isnt much advice you could help them with now. you obviously do not know more than i do when it comes to base defence since yours is lacking considerably. if you cannot have a proper conversation without disregarding helpful information its best you not bother posting in the forums since now i think you are only a lowly troll thats come to disrupt the normally helpful nature of those who genuinely desire to help you.
  • ZoneTan
    ZoneTan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 201
    if OP cannot take advice he shouldn't ask.

No one asked for advice.

But to comment on the topic at hand, there are very few bases that are below level 100 that can stop a decent fleet poorly driven thats built of top tech.  I'm not sure why this is a surprise to anyone.

No one under 135 could stop him and I know he hit some pretty tough bases with ease.  For those offering noob advice, save it.  I didn't start playing yesterday.

There is no need to combative and demeaning in your responses to other players responses.
    That just your imagination.  It's all in your head.

when i was a level 86 i was stopping level 140+, whats your excuse for not being able to?

• Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,610
    Closing, this thread has run its course.
This discussion has been closed.