Worthless Turrets

Max Thornton
Max Thornton
Incursion Leader
Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,100
No need to have these cheap, worthless turrets and base fleets. Don't waste your time and effort.  Gates are worthless...The Gate-Sleeper is worthless.  I just watched one fleet hit over 30 bases and took very little damage.  Thousands of hours of damage and it cost him very little.  The game is unbalanced and not worth the effort.  Everyone he hit was 30-60 levels lower than he was.  How embarrassing!
  • Praepolo
    Praepolo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 44
    Currently bases have the advantage over attacking fleets, as soon as you get the toys you can instantly equip them with base parts. Even the tech from FM, that you're given a fleet to do for free, is good enough to hurt most fleets. Base design and effort to actually get those HT turrets up will make it so you at least damage any enemies. After that it's just a case of taking part in events and taking the hits, which auto repair, till you're up-to speed.
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    Currently bases have the advantage over attacking fleets,

LOL!  Save it for another coiner. HT turrets are worthless, so is your advice.  I've been playing for 8 years.  Don't think for a second that everyone hasn't noticed the way this game is going downhill, fast!

• Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    Logical fallacy.^^^
  • Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,008
    edited 6 Nov 2020, 1:38PM
    Currently bases have the advantage over attacking fleets,

LOL!  Save it for another coiner. HT turrets are worthless, so is your advice.  I've been playing for 8 years.  Don't think for a second that everyone hasn't noticed the way this game is going downhill, fast!

come hit my base, tell me how much damage those turrets do to your fleet.

I am not saying you will not get in, BUT, in the main, if you can design a base, you can stop most hitters
    Snoopy
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    I guess you missed it.  The guy hit at least 30 bases, all 30 - 60 levels lower than he is, and spent cash on every hit.  Now, what were you saying?  I have the heavy turrets.  I don't have a good base fleet, because they don't exist, just a worthless gatekeeper and one other lvl 9 defender that is a joke with one weapon. I forgot the name, it starts with a P.  I'm not going to collect shards for a month just to build a ship that takes another 3 weeks to build.  Waste of time and everything will be outdated by then.  Most of my friends are threatening to quit and I'm right there with them.
  • Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,008
    I guess you missed it.  The guy hit at least 30 bases, all 30 - 60 levels lower than he is, and spent cash on every hit.  Now, what were you saying?  I have the heavy turrets.  I don't have a good base fleet, because they don't exist, just a worthless gatekeeper and one other lvl 9 defender that is a joke with one weapon. I forgot the name, it starts with a P.  I'm not going to collect shards for a month just to build a ship that takes another 3 weeks to build.  Waste of time and everything will be outdated by then.  Most of my friends are threatening to quit and I'm right there with them.
    there are plenty of bases 40 levels lower than me, that I cannot get in
    Snoopy
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    I'm sure.
  • ZoneTan
    ZoneTan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 201
    Praepolo said:
    Currently bases have the advantage over attacking fleets, as soon as you get the toys you can instantly equip them with base parts. Even the tech from FM, that you're given a fleet to do for free, is good enough to hurt most fleets. Base design and effort to actually get those HT turrets up will make it so you at least damage any enemies. After that it's just a case of taking part in events and taking the hits, which auto repair, till you're up-to speed.
    you only really have an advantage if you know how to properly place your guards, have a specialty base setup, you basically need the overlord to have any real chance these days though im sure many of you can still make a high guard warden still work well enough, sirens are still good ships with an EMP tac mod and the polonium thrower and reckonite rockets can also help in defence albeit shorter range, the range can be buffed to double with the houndmaster, though uavs will be a concern then. but i will say yes some players can go back to back to back hitting bases and sometimes not needing repairs, some also just hit low levels, even those with no tags wich can be unfair and yes it does drive some of the newer blood away from the game.
  • ZoneTan
    ZoneTan
    Minor Nuisance
    Logical fallacy.^^^
    actually praepolo is correct i havent spent any money on the game and i was behind for awhile, but once kixeye had that hyper resource week x2 where all special resources filled with 1 target attack and our resources autobanked to base, i got so much upgraded in a flash, all turrets, walls, most structures and i started putting in turrets sure i got hit several times and my base was a long channel design but was snipeable by basilisk on all 3 sides, wich i have been hit by them and always lost except for 1 battle witht he basilisk when i turned a mongoose towards where they would have come in and surprised the attacker. i sunk warhounds, trenchers, when hellswarms came out i had trouble with the uavs chaining out my guards and turrets and even the outpost from the channel and they hardly took damage, i continued to re-ecaluate my base layout making subtle tweaks every few minutes for all the hours i spend in the game for the day for weeks until i started doing more damage to them, while i was still beatable by basilisks i didnt mind because i was rarely hit by them, if you focus on beating certain ships and start making it happen its easier to tweak the base a little to still keep out the ships youve been keeping out while also slowly working towards keeping out the latest ship, i can now safely keep out basilisk because of my overlord carrier, i can keep out U1 hellswarms, warhounds and trenchers all U1's no ones beaten my base in about 2 months now if i can do it, so can you. the question is are you willing to put your heart and soul into it, you dont have to spend a thing, sure it will take longer for certain building upgrades but it can be done with effort and determination.

• Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    More logical fallacies mixed with bad advice. ^^^  I'm not asking for advice because I'm sure I know as much about the game as you do, and probably more.  The facts are...The turret weapons are a joke, including the new one from the last bounty.  I never had a problem defending my base until they limited the defending fleet to defender class only.  Of course, T8 defenders are worthless, and T9 defenders are a one weapon joke.
    So, your base would be a cakewalk without the Overlord.  I have 5 of the Mongoose and a good mix of the others.  The limited range on the new turrets is also a bad joke.
    The best option is to destroy the turrets due to the lag they cause when repairing.  The gates are 100% worthless, too.  The Gate-Sleeper doesn't help at all.  We all spent years upgrading the turrets to their current status...Worthless.  Good for lag and nothing else.

• Praepolo
    Praepolo
    Potential Threat
    edited 7 Nov 2020, 10:40AM
    The gorgon is an amazing T8 defender, it's special ability stops a single enemy totally. Place it/them next to your decimator turrets and watch 90% of people not know to target it and not the portals. Fleets will melt.
    The new turret hits like a truck when combined with slows to make it hit, T8 thunderclap turret. No-one has even come close to beating my base since I put them in, although I know it can be done. And no I currently have no OC in my base.
    All these things can be gotten free, as we were straight out given 25k points in the last bounty which was 1 turret.
    Gate keepers are a surprise ship, if they know where it is they just time their attack to hit while it's down. If using multiple then stagger their submerge timers, more likely to get 1 surface mid hit. I actually prefer the gorgon to GK due to being reliable.
    If your current approach isn't working try checking out other peoples base setups, there's often information put up on how to equip things to get the best from them. It's not a bad thing to see other points of view on how to use things.
    Also joining an alliance can be a good source of information, the player base is generally quite friendly. Just not in sector/world chat a lot lol.
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    edited 7 Nov 2020, 11:25AM
    A lot of deflection makes it impossible to have an intelligent, constructive conversation.  This isn't about base defense, base design, or defender fleets.  It's about worthless turrets, how little damage they do, how much time was invested in building them and upgrading them, and all they do is cause lag.  I'm friends with quite a few alliances and have helped many of their players.  I don't need advice.  I need turrets that will do their job and not evaporate with 1 or 2 hits.
    In fact, many players wouldn't be where they are today without my help.

BTW, I have all of those ships except for the OC. My Gordons won't stop anything.  I used 2 in my last fleet, and three before that.  FYI,  the last fleet I used 1 GK, 2 Gordons, a siren, and I just tried a Pirahna for time...LOL!  I'm not into PVP and have only hit one base in 8 years, except for giving friendly bubbles during bounty.  Getting hit doesn't bother me, but it does during events because my base will lag beyond hope and I have to quit until the turrets repair.  That hurts my events and also prevents me from helping others. The best option is to not have a defending fleet and destroy the turrets so I can continue to play, without the insane lag.
  • Praepolo
    Praepolo
    Potential Threat
    Turn off building smoke in settings, helps with it being laggy during repairs.
  • nowiamthemaster
    nowiamthemaster
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 638
    not for nothing but base defense is overpowered  currently  anyone  who didnt take a year or two break in the game in the past  2 years should have the top of the line base defense ships and  gear and  in your base if it  is getting smashed  lol   fix it  dont  come  on here crying about it.

• nowiamthemaster
    nowiamthemaster
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 638
    P.S.  where  are these bases this one player smashed? i need some new  farms.
  • ZoneTan
    ZoneTan
    Minor Nuisance
    More logical fallacies mixed with bad advice. ^^^  I'm not asking for advice because I'm sure I know as much about the game as you do, and probably more.  The facts are...The turret weapons are a joke, including the new one from the last bounty.  I never had a problem defending my base until they limited the defending fleet to defender class only.  Of course, T8 defenders are worthless, and T9 defenders are a one weapon joke.
    So, your base would be a cakewalk without the Overlord.  I have 5 of the Mongoose and a good mix of the others.  The limited range on the new turrets is also a bad joke.
    The best option is to destroy the turrets due to the lag they cause when repairing.  The gates are 100% worthless, too.  The Gate-Sleeper doesn't help at all.  We all spent years upgrading the turrets to their current status...Worthless.  Good for lag and nothing else.

you can dislike my comment till your blue in the face, i still use tier 7 defenders mixed in with tier 8 and 9, even without the overlord i can hurt my attackers, the overlord just helps deal damage faster a high guard warden is almost as effective not damage wise but tactically so, just because you cant seem to produce a strong base does not mean others cant and if you dont care for meaningful advice then do not waste our time coming here to post only to try and shoot everyones helpful advice ( wich we dont need to give out by the way as its pvp related and most people keep things such as that within the alliance only ) but some of us choose to help. stop complaining start working on it and if you refuse to, scrap your fleets structures and quit the game or go the pve pirate route and dont bother with pvp so you dont make yourself miserable.
  • ZoneTan
    ZoneTan
    Minor Nuisance

stop giving frubbles to friends let them learn to build a base, give them advice if you actually have the knowledge as you say. 
  • ZoneTan
    ZoneTan
    Minor Nuisance
    not for nothing but base defense is overpowered  currently  anyone  who didnt take a year or two break in the game in the past  2 years should have the top of the line base defense ships and  gear and  in your base if it  is getting smashed  lol   fix it  dont  come  on here crying about it.

i got into the groove of things in less than 6 months to the point my base hasnt been beaten in 2 months and thats not spending money at all.
  • phil.rothwell.5
    phil.rothwell.5
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,047
    I tend to agree with the constructive comments and it would be so easy, for Kix, to put forward specials that could be added to older tier turrets that increased both damage and projectile speed. 

For those amongst us that cannot manage all raid type events and choose to opt out of Bounty, acquiring the newer top tier turret weapons is difficult, as when they are offered there are usually other items we might be prioritizing and don't have enough time or coin to go the extra miles required.

I thought it was a positive step when Kix put turrets and weapons into the FM, but alsa these are still there and have not been progressively upgraded to the other/newer weapons.

Whilst many may poster around if you can't get it it is your choice, etc. Surely for those that enjoy "smashing bases" also might enjoy that task being a little more challenging than "click to back of base"?

For those that suggest "It's already beyond broken" I look to the developers to be a little more creative in their solutions.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,610
    I tend to agree with the constructive comments and it would be so easy, for Kix, to put forward specials that could be added to older tier turrets that increased both damage and projectile speed. 

For those amongst us that cannot manage all raid type events and choose to opt out of Bounty, acquiring the newer top tier turret weapons is difficult, as when they are offered there are usually other items we might be prioritizing and don't have enough time or coin to go the extra miles required.

I thought it was a positive step when Kix put turrets and weapons into the FM, but alsa these are still there and have not been progressively upgraded to the other/newer weapons.

Whilst many may poster around if you can't get it it is your choice, etc. Surely for those that enjoy "smashing bases" also might enjoy that task being a little more challenging than "click to back of base"?

For those that suggest "It's already beyond broken" I look to the developers to be a little more creative in their solutions.
    Personally, I'd like to see base levels changed from the lifetime VXP system to the owned tech system.

But to comment on the topic at hand, there are very few bases that are below level 100 that can stop a decent fleet poorly driven thats built of top tech.  I'm not sure why this is a surprise to anyone.
  • phil.rothwell.5
    phil.rothwell.5
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,047
    Laredo said:

Personally, I'd like to see base levels changed from the lifetime VXP system to the owned tech system.

But to comment on the topic at hand, there are very few bases that are below level 100 that can stop a decent fleet poorly driven thats built of top tech.  I'm not sure why this is a surprise to anyone.
    To respond to your first comment;

I agree the VXP route is very flawed and I can see that the potential of an owned tech system could be very easy to manipulate by including and excluding certain high tech defense. However if you put into the mix another hotly disputed item that of medals...you potentially could see a resolution to a lot of the disparity that seems to exist.

Namely, By using medals which are gained or lost attacking a base to reflect the degree of difficulty in that base and thereby changing the eligibility of that base to subsequent attack as a plus or minus on base level that might restrict that base from further attacks in a will lose anyway scenario.

Whilst this option might end up as a potentially manipulable system, it could, if carefully crafted alongside allowing better tech to base defense, result in incentifying many players to defending their base better which results potentially with less base attacks from overkill fleets.

I personally have no problem with players trashing my base other than the stopping of timers whilst it repairs, which I have to live with.

Regarding your second comment;

It is no surprise to me either, but does illustrate the fact that acquiring a top level base smashing fleet that requires no skill is easier to obtain than the reverse a base that can make it tough going for one of these fleets.

It has always been an incentive to destroy bases rather than defend them and whilst I get why this has always been a model that kix has fostered, the unbalance, as you pointed out is far from ideal. 

• Mannie Davide
    Mannie Davide
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 30
    @Laredo, i would suggest shutting this thread, he started off by stating a player hit other players, clearly nothing to do with the thread.

if OP cannot take advice he shouldn't ask.

• Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    if OP cannot take advice he shouldn't ask.

No one asked for advice.

No one under 135 could stop him and I know he hit some pretty tough bases with ease.  For those offering noob advice, save it.  I didn't start playing yesterday.

There is no need to combative and demeaning in your responses to other players responses.
    That just your imagination.  It's all in your head.

• Mannie Davide
    Mannie Davide
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 30
    Well time to stop moaning about something that doesn't affect you.

jump to another world if it bothers you so much. you are just trolling 
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    edited 8 Nov 2020, 10:46AM
    Jumping to another world won't make my turrets better.  Any other brilliant advice you would care to share?
    Also, turn off base hitting during events.  There is no reason for someone's silly PVP game to interfere with our PVE EVENT!
    Another good suggestion is to make base repairs as quick as the attackers repairs.  No more than 2.5 hours for the whole base to repair. 30 mins for the turrets.
  • Praepolo
    Praepolo
    Potential Threat
    Auto repair on docks, 36 hour bubble, at worst you lose 4 hours during a raid.
    Placing docks outside base will generally mean people ignore it completely as it doesn't give them any benefit. There are exceptions of course.

Turrets are decimating fleets currently, 3 new turrets hit at once and watching people lose 1/4 of fleet health. With armour it's less but generally still hurts.
    If you didn't get the new turrets that's your choice, there are PVE targets during bounty. Can do it without even hitting 1 base, albeit slowly. 70s in last bounty were instant repair on map for 1k points. Even the FREE dread breachers could kill them. And 25k free points. Ok you'd need to hit 50 of them, doing them while bubbled already helps save your points from being taken. That's maybe 4-5 hours seat time during a 6/7 day event to make your base next to impossible to beat. 0 coins needed too.
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    edited 8 Nov 2020, 11:29AM
    I have the new turrets so your argument is void.  Let's look at it from a coiners perspective...If you lose your fleet, you're out 5 coins.  If you kill one turret, it's 15 coins.  15 x 24 = 360 coins, plus the buildings, gates and OP, taking the total to over 500 coins easily.  One fleet shouldn't be able to do 100 times the damage.  There is no valid excuse for the way things are. 

Auto repair on docks, 36 hour bubble, at worst you lose 4 hours during a raid.
    In a perfect world, and that's still unacceptable.  Lag makes my game unplayable until the turrets repair.  Do conq fleets enjoy the half time repairs during events?  If so, then the game is really out of balance.

This discussion has been closed.