162's

Dork Donker
Dork Donker
Potential Threat
Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 98
I basically have no armor on my Everest fleet because its not offered.  You reduced the repair time for me from 4 1/2 hours per run to 3 3/4 hours.  I'm a 10 year player, do you want me to play or just log on for 15 minutes every 10 hours?  

• MillionDlrBil
    MillionDlrBil
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 611
    edited 28 Oct 2020, 3:42AM
    If you're getting that much damage in a 162 you're not ready for the 162, be it driving path, fleet build or whatnot. I got about 30 minutes damage in the 162 with my fleet driving and I've only hit the one, I'm not sure about auto yet and I can't check as we're mid update but I'm certain it'll be less than 3 hours. 

The armour for the fleet is relatively new so it's only been offered a couple of times, there has been enough offered to deck the fleet out though. We may see the TLC come back but I'm sure we will see the armour in the raid again next month. In the mean time if you're getting those sorts of damages I'd recommend a lower target. 
    Support || Forum Rules || Discord <<< Click me
  • MillionDlrBil
    MillionDlrBil
    edited 28 Oct 2020, 4:27AM
    The 160 was an introductory target and designed to be completed with less than a full fleet based on what was available at the time, it was pre armours, pre specials and pre flag. For this reason it was easily achievable and many players had it down to instant repair on the map. 

This is no longer a reasonable expectation for an upper level target now that we've got so much more tech available. The flag, specials and armours will certainly go a long way to decreasing damages in the targets, and if you happen to be a player without all the available tech then the 135 is more of an appropriate grinding target until such time as you finish the fleet. 

On a side note; I just tried to auto one now that the update has finished and with my fleet achieved 48 minutes repair with no crew. I think a 1 star Steelheads would drop that a good 10 minutes too. 
  • Mannie Davide
    Mannie Davide
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 29
    from 1hr 40 to 1hr 30, this is your idea of a joke.

i was getting roughly 1hr 40 on auto in a 162, 1hr for a 160.

the new armor will be better, but there is a trade off due to weight. ya should have kept the 160 and used that like the 135 as a starting point for people doing the fm.
  • kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 478
    I know people who say their damages are reduced by 50%, but even that doesn't approach the repair times for the old 160.

Don't hold your breath for the new armour, the flag can have the maximum fitted because of more (lighter) anti used on it, but having fitted the max to my flag, it doesn't really make a lot of difference. I've fitted up to 4 on some of the others and again the repair times aren't significantly different from those with just 2 fitted or indeed none at all.

I'll stick with the 135's. I can do 2, mostly 3 and still get free in base repair
  • Mannie Davide
    Mannie Davide
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 29
    No shock surprise, kixeye is leaning towards pay to play.

a lot of people drive/auto targets, to be honest, 30 mins damage for a 162 shoiuld be decent, if you want people to grind, fair do, but it just isn't going to happen if you have people grinding bounty/raid/chore types as well.

• WhiteHotGrill
    WhiteHotGrill
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 8
    This is total BS. Previously my fleet could auto the 16's 7 or 8 times before repairing and even then not total drained. Now, the same fleet goes in to the 162's and can barely defeat 2 before having to repair for 12 hrs. Bad enough the greed has increased but to be lied to as well is Bullshit!
  • Corsair2020
    Corsair2020
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 39
    MillionDlrBil said:
    " The 160 was an introductory target and designed to be completed with less than a full fleet based on what was available at the time, it was pre armours, pre specials and pre flag."

" if you happen to be a player without all the available tech then the 135 is more of an appropriate grinding target until such time as you finish the fleet. "

I get what you're saying. it is an introductory target because the Everest just released and the 160 was " this is what you're dealing with" target. Kixeye should have not gotten rid of it because there are players that are still building the Everest. Just like what you said, as an introductory target for them. 

All I can say is that it was too soon to get rid of it, maybe 2-3 months from now would have been good. Also, if the 160 catered to an incomplete and insufficient build of Everest fleet, then the 162 should cater to a fully built Everest, with flag. 
  • nathanbeck
    nathanbeck
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 37
    your flt doing better then mine i got 2 ships wher the new g2 armor on them an1 is all im willing to pus out of it was same way in pillage
    targets went from do able to insane in like no time

• Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,053
    I haven't noticed the difference. Same amount of unacceptable damage. 162-180 is just trash on the map as far as I'm concerned. All of my ships have the new armor except one ship only has one each of the new armor.  I haven't noticed a difference with the new armor.  I'm sure pillage will be the same as last time.  Those of us without the zealot will have to sit it out, again.
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    The new armor is a joke. I haven't noticed any difference, and only two of my ships had armor before I added the new armor. I'm still taking much less damage in a 170 than I am in a 162.  If the 170 is unacceptable, why would I hit a 162 for more damage and less points?
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,928
    For those that are seeing excessive repair times on the 162, what does your fleet build look like, and what is your repair time at currently?

The damage reduction resulted in about a 20 minute repair drop for me on auto with no crew and has me sitting in the 40-45 minute range. Granted I have most of the available G2 armors on my fleet now, but that shouldn't be an hours worth of difference.
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    edited 28 Oct 2020, 2:30PM
    I'm taking 1 hour damage.  I would have to play for 5 mins and then go away for an hour until it's repaired.  Not my idea of good game play.  I might get 3 or 4 targets done in a day because I don't have a timer on me and I'm not going to plan my day around a game that doesn't want me to play it.
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2,901
    For those that are seeing excessive repair times on the 162, what does your fleet build look like, and what is your repair time at currently?

The damage reduction resulted in about a 20 minute repair drop for me on auto with no crew and has me sitting in the 40-45 minute range. Granted I have most of the available G2 armors on my fleet now, but that shouldn't be an hours worth of difference.
    Monitoring thread, but this is a valid question. Folks should see a noticeable damage reduction, but there are other targets if you aren't finding the 162 is working out. 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • Dork Donker
    Dork Donker
    Potential Threat
    edited 28 Oct 2020, 9:38PM

I have the flag ship and 4 Everest.  My builds change between ships but basically have 6-7 Icefall Mortars, 2 Missile Defense III for weapons.  (some have Phalanx III or IV).  Specials are: Strike System V, K-2 Bombardment, Explosive Battery I, Countermeasure Loader IV, Combustion System II.  And like I said originally only 1 ship has one of each of the new G armor.   Was getting over 4 hours damage and now about 3 1/2.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,928

I have the flag ship and 4 Everest.  My builds change between ships but basically have 6-7 Icefall Mortars, 2 Missile Defense III for weapons.  (some have Phalanx III or IV).  Specials are: Strike System V, K-2 Bombardment, Explosive Battery I, Countermeasure Loader IV, Combustion System II.  And like I said originally only 1 ship has one of each of the new G armor.   Was getting over 4 hours damage and now about 3 1/2.
    How many Gales/anti morts do you have in the fleet? Based on the build you have there, avoidable explosive damage is probably a pretty good chunk of your repair time. The mortars from both the turrets and Hellstars are completely counterable with a few gales. I have 2x Gale 4s per regular ship and 5x Gale 4s on the flagship and avoid explosive damage entirely in the 160 and 170. The Thunderclaps aren't counterable, but I still feel it does a decent job at mitigating what it can.

MDS/anti missiles do help and you want a few in the fleet. Currently I have one MDS3 per ship and call it a day.
  • dwa
    dwa
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 171
    162 not worth it still. Better return for 170 in terms of damage vs points.
  • TheLegendAZ
    TheLegendAZ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 100
    162 is NOT an "introductory" target.  The 170 is now if you measure it by damage potential.

I already posted in a different thread I could get through TWO 170s with my current Everest fleet while barely getting though a single 162.  I have NOT tried a 162 since the latest detune but in all honesty I'm not getting my hopes up that it cures things.

Regarding armors..... I have two Everests running Praetorian armors (zx1 and zxm) the other three are still blank as I'm still trying to get more, but I also have to get other parts now for the Gladius and Photon hulls (at their exorbitant prices). The Prae armors do make a noticeable difference and I'm going to be stuck with that if Kix continues to mete out the 2nd gen Everest armor with an eye dropper.

Only my flag has the Ascension Mortar System on it because it's the only one I could get at the time.  Be nice to see that special added on the FM prize list.

I was running Strike System V but moving over to RF-X.

Countermeasures on all ships are 1 MDS3 and 2 Gale3 (one ship has one GaleIV I was lucky enough to get.).

Look.... I understand the need to bump targets up because everyone should have stronger fleet by now.  But the 162 target isn't a bump.... it's a giant leap and to label and bill it as the in "intro" target with the prize return as one is simply a complete joke no matter how you spin it.  Just like keeping the 120 and 121 around.  I pity the poor fool who thinks he can get enough points to buy the new Laser Scope by Farmvilling those targets all day long.

• Dork Donker
    Dork Donker
    Potential Threat

How many Gales/anti morts do you have in the fleet? Based on the build you have there, avoidable explosive damage is probably a pretty good chunk of your repair time. The mortars from both the turrets and Hellstars are completely counterable with a few gales. I have 2x Gale 4s per regular ship and 5x Gale 4s on the flagship and avoid explosive damage entirely in the 160 and 170. The Thunderclaps aren't counterable, but I still feel it does a decent job at mitigating what it can.

MDS/anti missiles do help and you want a few in the fleet. Currently I have one MDS3 per ship and call it a day.
    Between the 5 ships ships I have 4 Gale IV and 3 Gale III.  Maybe its my driving, I'll look for some videos to see how other people are doing it.  Sounds like my builds are ok, agreed?
  • MillionDlrBil
    MillionDlrBil
    162 is NOT an "introductory" target. 

No-one said it was. The 160 however was an introductory target. 
  • Dopey_87
    Dopey_87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 203

And it should still be on the map as such..... Sure most players have the everest hull (not necessarily the flag tho!) by now, but in most cases they are still partial fleets due to SY constraints and Kix eyedroppering the needed parts/armor for them. Tired of seeing "We can do it, why cant you? attitude from people lately ffs! The average player has a REAL life they need to attend to also so please stop assuming every one of us lives on this game?
  • phil.rothwell.5
    phil.rothwell.5
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 970

Between the 5 ships ships I have 4 Gale IV and 3 Gale III.  Maybe its my driving, I'll look for some videos to see how other people are doing it.  Sounds like my builds are ok, agreed?
    I have 10 x gale4's and 8 MDS3's, perhaps overkill and perhaps could be reduced, except I am finding that taking them off, to add ascension mortars, creates an overweight issue if they are fitted with all new armours. I get around 1hr on the 170's which means I can get 140k points out of one fleet. Was surprised that in the one 162 I tried was just under the hour, I am sure this could be reduced with better pathing.
  • tklawrence
    tklawrence
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 165
    I'm doing 162s for 31-32 minutes damage, 170s for 50-55 minutes damage.

There are: 1 MDS-3 on each ship, 3 Gale IV, except Flag has 5 Gale IV w 0 MDS-3; the balance are Icefall Mortars.

For Armor: 2 G2-X armor, 2 Z1-M, 2 G3-M.  The Gales eliminate most of the explosive damage and the M armor give more penetrative survival for the missiles that can't be countered.

I drive for all targets, autoing is only for collecting cargo.

• Dwayne Parker
    Dwayne Parker
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 4
    The 160 was an introductory target and designed to be completed with less than a full fleet based on what was available at the time, it was pre armours, pre specials and pre flag. For this reason it was easily achievable and many players had it down to instant repair on the map. 

This is no longer a reasonable expectation for an upper level target now that we've got so much more tech available. The flag, specials and armours will certainly go a long way to decreasing damages in the targets, and if you happen to be a player without all the available tech then the 135 is more of an appropriate grinding target until such time as you finish the fleet. 

On a side note; I just tried to auto one now that the update has finished and with my fleet achieved 48 minutes repair with no crew. I think a 1 star Steelheads would drop that a good 10 minutes too. 
    So in other words you could give a crap 
  • TheLegendAZ
    TheLegendAZ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 100

I just tried it again.

For me it's still causing more 30-40% damage than the 170.  For 3500 fewer points.

Not worth it.  Even with the Corpulus Cannon shard.

I know it would improve if I get the fleet loaded out better, but I still have a Gladius fleet to finish and now a Photon ECM to build.  Plus TRY to get my Mutineer fleet maxed out so I can at least do something in the next event.

Sorry.... I don't have the time to sit all day at a computer grinding targets, nor pump a $100 worth of coins into this one game every month just to try and keep up.

I have other online games I do pay money into because...

1) I can spend it at my own pace.
    2) Not play for a month or two and know I'm not going to be left behind by 6x that trying to catch up.

I started playing BP in the black water days.  Left it once.... I can leave it again.  Only next time it'll be for good.