Upgrades and Supplementary Content?

Jason Ensinger
Jason Ensinger
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 4,167
I like things being tipped in favor of the defender, but it looks like you're planning to tip too far except for paying players. All supplementart content listed is defensive. The upgrades are the only thing planned for Conquerors according to the Designer Diary. Upgrades have already been released which are way too costly! Trends dictate subsequent upgrades will be even costlier. The time to upgrade tier 9 Conquerors makes it hopeless. Either 2 months without a full fleet for one upgrade level or $40 with a promotion. It's making heavy coining way too compulsory to compete in PvP.

Kixeye is going to do what it's going to do to make money, so I'll just pose a suggestion for Conqueror supplementary content. How about a tier 9.5 suite of specials and weapons for Conquerors. Improvements on the hull specific weapons and take away their hull speficity. I miss the days where pretty much anything went for building hulls before hull class separation and whatnot. It wouldn't hurt to bring some of that freedom back, and keep more than one generation of Conquerors viable. Reduce the power creep in PvP to give us options accross tiers and also compensate for the reduced number of Conquerors released per tier.

My ideas aside, something's gotta give. You're clearly making heavy coining compulsory to compete offensively. It's going to take the fun out of the game for those that can't budget it and encourage foul play.
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,222
    I haven't been hitting nearly as many bases because I lose to pretty much everything with an Overlord carrier placed decently. Paying more wouldn't really help me so I don't know what you're on with about that. I do generally agree that we need more offensive content that's stronger, rather than more defensive stuff. 
    When I am not helping people on forums, and I'm not banned, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DerpyTheCow47?sub_confirmation=1
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 4,167
    edited 27 Oct 2020, 8:02PM
    I haven't been hitting nearly as many bases because I lose to pretty much everything with an Overlord carrier placed decently. Paying more wouldn't really help me so I don't know what you're on with about that. I do generally agree that we need more offensive content that's stronger, rather than more defensive stuff. 
    Example, my Warhound fleet designed for blitzing uses CO, C and D5-EV for armor. Maintaining its blitzing abilities and mitigating the new unavoidable explosive damage requires an additional slot to install X armor. You're cool with losing all of the time in PvP and being content with PvE. That's not fun enough for everybody and Kixeye is on track to charging $100 a fleet to keep them competitive. That's not just pay to win, that's pay a lot to win.
  • squirrel_grip
    squirrel_grip
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 241
    Stop proposing new changes to make things "better", just put all upgrades in the retrofit lab ... that's what it is for ffs 
    You won't be down on hulls while upgrading and it doesn't matter how long it take, the coiners can still coin to be at the forefront of the game and the rest can take their time to do what it is they do
    I honestly can't see why it is made to be so **** difficult, over complicating the game is taking the fun out of the entire thing

Common sense people please !!!!