Obsolete Tech - Obsolete Game

necro.phaige
necro.phaige
Greenhorn
Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 10
The FM prize store with the exception to the top of tier 5 is literally full of obsolete tech and has been for simply ages.
Tell me, when was the Citadel last a viable hull as with Monoliths etc.
Tier 1 prize pool is virtually obsolete as events of any kind requiring said hulls are few and far between. Even "owning" them is pretty much pointless as there is literally no no way to rank them as the necessary is not freely available.
Spending a few coin here and there may offer some entertainment value but who in their right mind would want to spend literally thousands to play some form of catch up to be viable in the game? For some, including me obsolete tech = obsolete game.

• Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,064
    The prize list doesn't bother me.  I wouldn't want a page full of new tech for every FM.  It would be impossible to keep your fleet updated.  The build times are insane and your fleet is pretty much outdated by the time you get it built with the way things are now, unless you drop a lot of cash.  You'll never get caught up if you waste time building the old tech.  I don't have the zealot built because my shipyard is backlogged and it would be a complete waste of time to build it.  Look to the future and don't worry about the past.
  • Praepolo
    Praepolo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 44
    The T1 prizes are a great catchup mechanic, they are the fleets used to do the early camps that give the fleets to hit farm targets. These won't be top tier raid killers just a can do daily chores fleets.
    Other rewards I agree need updating. Only T5 and tokens are useful currently.
  • jhoey_hinog
    jhoey_hinog
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 6
    The FM prize store with the exception to the top of tier 5 is literally full of obsolete tech and has been for simply ages.
    Tier 1 prize pool is virtually obsolete as events of any kind requiring said hulls are few and far between. Even "owning" them is pretty much pointless as there is literally no no way to rank them as the necessary is not freely available.
    Spending a few coin here and there may offer some entertainment value but who in their right mind would want to spend literally thousands to play some form of catch up to be viable in the game? For some, including me obsolete tech = obsolete game.

• FranticFoe
    FranticFoe
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 18
    I could not agree more with Necro. The great majority of hulls have long since been scrapped. But, lo and behold I get attacked by a Warhound fleet with a Harrower. Guess what! Takes out the NEW Defender. Is this player connected to KIXEYE?? I wonder.
  • Grapeshot
    Grapeshot
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 53
    well , i would say that you are not the only player?   There are others playing catch up who need the lower tech, and when they have it, then the new tech will be made available.  i can only hit the 60 62 targets in the raids 
  • nowiamthemaster
    nowiamthemaster
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 583
    i wish they would let me get some of the older tech i dont have some of it  still works  like  the  better solar  armor for  your base which is more then 50 to base power there are other peices of tech thats  not available anymore  that would help base defense out  ..  rmember when they had the  oil rigs that would  kill half your  fleet if you came in  at the wrong spot?  stuff like that  was  bad **** and  i know  its damage no longer  works but  stuff like that woulld be nice to  pick up in the  FM for a change also there some tech i missed out on when i stopped playing for  2 years  some of the guys in my clan  use it on there ships and  i'm always like maybe they will re release it but  it hasnt happen also i  suggested that  kixeye  make a   different  class  of  hulls  say  everything  before they  ended   pvp  fleet hitting put it all  a  class and then  make it so  people can  have sea battles with the old  tech and have it  repair  like conq class does on its own. at 1/4 the time  have it where if you win you can  wager resources or  tokens  as a prize.
    thats my idea anyways

• CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2,942

FM prize list is something we're reviewing, and we will be making some changes. Suggestions are always welcome, but right now we're just looking at what we can clean up and what we can add.

Good things are coming! :) 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • Dopey_87
    Dopey_87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 214

FM prize list is something we're reviewing, and we will be making some changes. Suggestions are always welcome, but right now we're just looking at what we can clean up and what we can add.

I'm sure this is gonna fall on deaf ears, but when reviewing and changing, don't get even more stupid with your prize prices. Someone already been hitting too much wacky tobacky up there. You don't have many of us left, so quit chasing us off!!
  • squirrel_grip
    squirrel_grip
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 241
    I'd like to see upgrade tokens for more current hulls and more catch up tech for current hulls 
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Dopey_87 said:

I'm sure this is gonna fall on deaf ears, but when reviewing and changing, don't get even more stupid with your prize prices. Someone already been hitting too much wacky tobacky up there. You don't have many of us left, so quit chasing us off!!
    Not our intent, but thank you for the feedback! 
  • FranticFoe
    FranticFoe
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 18

Why was my reply not posted?????
  • Dopey_87
    Dopey_87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 214
    edited 28 Oct 2020, 12:14PM
    Dopey_87 said:

Not our intent, but thank you for the feedback! 
    Really? Can you explain why a LIMITED ship SPECIAL item is worth 140k FM points then? A weapon I can almost understand (ALMOST! Depends on the weapon), but a marginally better special? 

Case and point... Gladius armor @35k. the reasoning? "You only need two per hull" ECM armor, same cost, less survival, need 4, same price? Can't wait to hear the reasoning behind that one.... 

Yes, I am calling yous out on your bluffs and BS..... answer is "coming soon" I imagine?
  • KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,476
    Kixeye are totally out of touch with their own game and can't keep up
    Remember Kixeye, PLAYERS FIRST!
  • DPR
    DPR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 562

CM_Ghillie my suggestion. The part i have highlighted simplest solution is to stop with the limited blueprints or impose a reasonable cap of around 50 that way i wont see older tech like cluttering up my prize list.

As soon as tech is no longer for the current raid cycle move it down a tier and reduce its point cost (just like you do with targets in raids)  eventually everything should be in tier 1 where few people look but if you find you do need an extra piece of older tech its there for the taking.
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    DPR said:

CM_Ghillie my suggestion. The part i have highlighted simplest solution is to stop with the limited blueprints or impose a reasonable cap of around 50 that way i wont see older tech like cluttering up my prize list.

As soon as tech is no longer for the current raid cycle move it down a tier and reduce its point cost (just like you do with targets in raids)  eventually everything should be in tier 1 where few people look but if you find you do need an extra piece of older tech its there for the taking.
    Thanks for the suggestion!