tac lab the biggest worthless sand bag in the game.

nowiamthemaster
nowiamthemaster
Skilled Warrior
Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 580
tac lab tech  used to be good & effective.  currently its  just a  huge  sand bag when upgrading things..  the tech it  gives you is no longer  effective.    it has  a  sub mod that  doesn't  effect the  newer sub..  it has a  navigation  thing that  out of  date as map speeds are  200%  faster these days,  the  damage to  ships field is a  joke  as well as the  seige scanner..   time to cut it loose or  upgrade the content in there..

does anyone  disagree?  if you do tell me why ?
  • magnus.isgren.1
    magnus.isgren.1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 127
    At max level it gives 20K extra damage bonus to all turrets. That can come in handy......
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2,901
    At max level it gives 20K extra damage bonus to all turrets. That can come in handy......
    This is true. Curious if @Templar614 has any additional insight as well... 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,928
    I don't think you will anyone that disagrees with the point that researchable tech is largely unused for anything. From the Tac Lab, Navigation Array is about the only thing you might see and that is just because it is a friendly resonance trigger. Other than that, you won't see anything being used out of it. Same goes with all of the other labs in the game. None of the things that come out of them are really worth using. Thuds are nice to put on a blank hull to get it building. Guidance Scrambler is still the best universal evade special we have.

At this point in time the only real use for any of the labs is the associated buffs that come with upgrading them. That is really their only purpose now.

The 20k damage buff mentioned above is pre-modifier damage. So it ends up being more than just a 20k buff, not much more, but still enough to make it worth while. Figure it accounts for 10-20% of a ships deflection and that much more damage is getting through to the attacking fleet.

The map speed buff is nice to have, but if it wasn't there I don't think there would be many complaints.

The 20% PvE evade bonus on the other hand has been well worth the upgrade. The only caveat here will be seeing if it gets a bump to cover T10 ships or if we lose it with the start of T10.
  • KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,476
    tac lab tech  used to be good & effective.  currently its  just a  huge  sand bag when upgrading things..  the tech it  gives you is no longer  effective.    it has  a  sub mod that  doesn't  effect the  newer sub..  it has a  navigation  thing that  out of  date as map speeds are  200%  faster these days,  the  damage to  ships field is a  joke  as well as the  seige scanner..   time to cut it loose or  upgrade the content in there..

does anyone  disagree?  if you do tell me why ?
    agreed. Kixeye no longer understands its own game.
    Remember Kixeye, PLAYERS FIRST!