why the need to hit non-alliance low level bases?

iam2020
iam2020
Greenhorn
Joined May 2018 Posts: 6
since hitting level 80 i have been a farm for all high level "pirates". Their excuse is "it's a pirate game, take the hit and stop being a cry baby".

fine by me if i'm in an alliance but i m not. i log on to enjoy the game, NOT wait for my dock to be repaired. its even worse during events. i dont have the time to play 24/7. what is my end goal if i cant progress?

therefore, to all those pirates who love hitting non-combatant or defenseless bases, i/we would rather quit the game than be your "idea of fun/farm" and soon,  who's going to be left supporting KIXEYE coffers with this reduced player base?

if i cant "advance"  and enjoy in this game, i might as well give up, than be a source of others' perverted sense of enjoyment.  

Coining is ok but not everyone has an unlimited wallet.
  • Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,540
    Its is a feel good factor for the player hitting you - thats it - it pumps up their ego to "flatten" a base. For hitting a non tagged player, the likelihood of a retaliatory hit is a lot less than if they hit a player of the same level in an alliance.

They know in most situations the player wont return a hit as then they will likely have the whole alliance on their case.... 

It is as they say part of the game...but instead of doing what they expect - "crying, whinging etc etc" taunt them by saying that they shouldnt have gotten any damage in your base and their build must suck, especially if you are of a lower level.

You will get hit again and again, but as you're looking at leaving anyway, why not have some fun.....even better, make your base a square so even a T1 conqueror could defeat it, then laugh at them and the time/coin they wasted to flatten your base :)

Or jump to a quiet sector...may work....but in all, it always happens - I am untagged and the above is what I used to do early on, now frankly I don't care, the saving grace being that the base auto repairs - more so the SY so your builds dont stop which is great!!!

As you're concerned about your dock, when logging off, launch the fleets that you are wanting to use the next time you log on so if your dock is down you can still do stuff

• iam2020
    iam2020
    Greenhorn
    Its is a feel good factor for the player hitting you - thats it - it pumps up their ego to "flatten" a base. For hitting a non tagged player, the likelihood of a retaliatory hit is a lot less than if they hit a player of the same level in an alliance.

They know in most situations the player wont return a hit as then they will likely have the whole alliance on their case.... 

It is as they say part of the game...but instead of doing what they expect - "crying, whinging etc etc" taunt them by saying that they shouldnt have gotten any damage in your base and their build must suck, especially if you are of a lower level.

You will get hit again and again, but as you're looking at leaving anyway, why not have some fun.....even better, make your base a square so even a T1 conqueror could defeat it, then laugh at them and the time/coin they wasted to flatten your base :)

Or jump to a quiet sector...may work....but in all, it always happens - I am untagged and the above is what I used to do early on, now frankly I don't care, the saving grace being that the base auto repairs - more so the SY so your builds dont stop which is great!!!

As you're concerned about your dock, when logging off, launch the fleets that you are wanting to use the next time you log on so if your dock is down you can still do stuff

er......so would u recommend BP to ur friends with this being a constant scenario? or play until level 80, then leave the game >.<

on the part of auto-repairs, sadly, there are times when the "timer" is wrecked too. anyway, thxs for ur input.
  • MillionDlrBil
    MillionDlrBil
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 611
    This has been the way since BP first begun, except the level in which a player can be farmed by all has changed over the years. 
    For instance I started just after the early level cap changes and it become level 50 where a player was open season to all above. Imagine getting farmed by a 150 when you're a level 50 base lol. 

We all have to go through it though, it is part of the game as mentioned and has literally been so all along. The best thing to do is to keep calm and carry on, you're going to get hit, it's Battle Pirates.... There are a few tricks to minimise the down time though: 
    • As mentioned above you can leave your important fleets on the map. Raid/FM/Event fleets can stay on the map safely for you now as PvE fleets are unable to be hit by other players. This is new, we used to have to hide them well or you'd get a parking fine and find them dead in your base lol. 
    • You can put your dock outside your base and well away from any path someone may need to take. 9 times out of 10 unless unavoidable I leave their dock in tact and I know many others do also. This isn't always the case though when a player has been annoying. Try not to bug the big guys in game too much till you can defend your base. 
    • You can encourage someone to hit you before you sign off for the night. 36 hours worth of bubble is more than enough time to play and if you pop your bubble and bug someone into smashing your base when you want it, then you'll have some safe play time later on while under protection and your base will be repaired by morning (or at the very least your dock will be). 
    • You can also just pop your bubble before bed and hope someone hits you, not as timed but with bases auto repairing these days you can wing it and take the risk without annoying anyone. It's more fun smashing bases till someone hits back though I promise. 
    These are just a few of the things I used to do when I was a baby seal, I'm sure there's a whole bunch of other methods of free play out there but they worked for me. Worst case, keep up with the daily tlcs and you'll find yourself with a bunch of 1 hour repair tokens eventually which can keep your dock sorted, or throw a few coins on your account to keep your dock repaired. I used to save some of my monthly raid coin just for my dock through the rest of the month way back when.  
    Support || Forum Rules || Discord <<< Click me
  • iam2020
    iam2020
    Greenhorn
    By encouraging this type of play,  YOU are saying that i am to annoy people and be a nuisance to progress in BP.Do u seriously expect new players to join BP if this the norm?
    Long ago, it took yrs to reach level 50 which translate to much playing time. Now base starts at lvl.60 and it takes 3-4 mths from 60 to 80, how much enjoyment time is that? Does playing BP now requires a constant bubble to play? Leaving fleets outside does not get them repaired when there's guaranteed damage in every target you hit. 
    my point of this post is......if i m untagged, plz leave me be, unless its a revenge hit which is impossible as i dont like to disrupt others playing time. 
    good luck in expanding your player base with this type of attitude
  • squirrel_grip
    squirrel_grip
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 241
    the only pirates in this game are kixeye, all the others are just wanna be's
  • MillionDlrBil
    MillionDlrBil
    Yes, long ago it did take considerably longer to reach level 50 than it does now to reach level 80, that's correct. 

It's also correct that long ago we started at level 1 with gunboats and marauders but now a new player at 61 starts with 9 fleets, a second to max upgraded base and a whole bunch of tech that some players didn't get until they were well into their 100s. 

The methods I mentioned are just that, methods. You don't have to use them but they're things that many of us have done to get through the rough trot that is open season. 

If new players weren't able to get through it for all this time then I'm sure BP wouldn't have lasted the nearly 10 years of fun we've had so far. 
  • Corneliusbil
    Corneliusbil
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 2
    When I reached level 80 I was a farm as well. Use it to your advantage and learn how to upgrade and fortify your buildings. Equip buildings with defense.  Make as mush base power as you can. Upgrade walls and platforms watch youtube vids on base defense.
  • nowiamthemaster
    nowiamthemaster
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 580
    once you  hit   lvl 80  you should  jump to lvl 100  within a  few days   just  keep loading up on base parts from the sub-sector base and  upgrade  everything you can with them you will have to  upgrade a  few things that takes  like 20 days  with out the baseparts
     but  upgrade everything else before  doing that  to the max you will jump up to like lvl 96 then hit a  wall with the  op and   tac lab upgradesas they dont allow  base parts to upgrade them once you get them to a  certain lvl  so   maybe  try to  save the build tokens your  getting in the  daily for that
     also   kixeye   kind of   got a  work around for  you  having to wait to play  in the  daily reaver tide  they  give out building repair  tokens so   stock up on those  i think the limit you can hold is  4 and it  only takes 2  for you to repair your dock so that solves one of your  problems  hope this helps ..

• Peter Watson
    Peter Watson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 239
     Imagine getting farmed by a 150 when you're a level 50 base lol. 

Yes, but when YOU were level 50 I very much doubt thetre were many level 100's let alone level 150's. So, yeah, we can IMAGINE it but never EXPERIENCE it.

And anyway, aren't you and all the other CM's constantly preaching that 'level means nothing'?

Long long ago, when I started, you could only hit + or - 5 levels, that got changed because thete weren't enough easy targets for the heavy coiners to hit. And still there wern't enough targets, so they brought in relay towers, before that you could only hit in the adjacent sectors.

And leave your dock 'out of the way'? Lol, the type of pirate who hits a non tagged low level base 'just because they can' ain't likely to leave your dock alone, their whole objective is to piss people off!
    TANSTAAFL
    There ain't no such thing as a free lunch Bandito260 Sector 93; Level 142 Please feel free to correct my grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax or idiom, but if you do, remember that I am British and hence a member of the only nation who has the right to term themselves native speakers of the English language. Please also ensure when doing so that the text of your corrective post is word perfect.
  • Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,540
    iam2020 said:

er......so would u recommend BP to ur friends with this being a constant scenario? or play until level 80, then leave the game >.<

on the part of auto-repairs, sadly, there are times when the "timer" is wrecked too. anyway, thxs for ur input.
    No I don't recommend BP to friends sadly....but not because of that part of the game play.

The main reason being the content and speed at which it gets released and more often than not the issues that do inevitably follow. 
  • MillionDlrBil
    MillionDlrBil
    Actually, I come back 4 years ago as a level 63 when 50 was still the baseline for open season as I took a break due to work commitments. So I genuinely have a greater understanding of both worlds, open season back in early days and open season when player levels were much higher. 
    Just to put the "Imagine / Experience" into context. 

And that is absolutely correct, player level is very much an irrelevant stat in todays game. I've seen 170's that couldn't hold out MSCs today, and 102s that hold out almost every top fleet in the game. It's all about player skill levels and how much effort they put into defending. 

Yes, it did start out as + / - 5 levels, but if that modal didn't work when the game was at it's largest expansion and most popular days then 
  • Lyor D Operator
    Lyor D Operator
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1
    top tier fleet should not be allowed to hit on bases with low tier turrets.,, for example,, tier 9 fleet can only hit those bases with tier 9 turrets, a tier 7 fleet to tier 7 turrets  and tier 8 to tier 8, regardless of the base's level. In this way, our  old fleets will still have its worth.

• BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,263
    edited 26 Oct 2020, 12:55PM
    top tier fleet should not be allowed to hit on bases with low tier turrets.,, for example,, tier 9 fleet can only hit those bases with tier 9 turrets, a tier 7 fleet to tier 7 turrets  and tier 8 to tier 8, regardless of the base's level. In this way, our  old fleets will still have its worth.

Do your low level pirate freinds actually playing the game?

With the current starter campaign "Beginners Treasure Trove", you already will get the full collection of tier 8 turretweapons plus 5 H-T Transformers.

And the actual time limited campaign "Hold the line" will get you tier 9 turretweapons, if you do it with your free Praetorian fleet (or fleets...there was two free Praetorian fleets from KIXEYE, if you did collect them with simply logging in).

And on the weekly Forsaken Mission prizelist, you will find even more tier 9 turretweapons and H-T Transformers, which are also collectable with your free Praetorians.

There is no excuse for low level pirates, to have a non existent basedefense.

Oh, and with your rule, that a tier 9 fleet would only be able to hit bases with tier 9 turrets, all smart pirates would exploit this rule and would refit their turrets with lower tier turretweapons, so tier 9 conquerors would be useless on their bases. Maybe a little unintentional overlook...
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • shotbymicheal
    shotbymicheal
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 82
    We were all level 80 at one time or another an we all lived through the onslaught.  Part of a right of passage.  You hate it now but you will do it too when you can.  Besides the difference in levels don't count as much as it used too.

• gus.hovey
    gus.hovey
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 264
    yep its a tough time , but learn from the hits ,ask the attacker Questions about how to improve , dont get mad at them ,learn from them , make friends and join an alli , and in short time things will improve and no it wont over night change but will in a few months or better.. and when u need help ask others dont be shy , its how you learn to play ,, good luck keep your chin up ,, and leave your dock outside most will leave it ,,  and to show it can be done,, my son started playing a few months back and he just hit level 100 , he coins abit but other than that he just plays and learns , he plays with all the big guys , can take some bases and others no and not many can take his base lol   take care 
  • MIKE KA
    MIKE KA
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 3
    Yes, long ago it did take considerably longer to reach level 50 than it does now to reach level 80, that's correct. 

It's also correct that long ago we started at level 1 with gunboats and marauders but now a new player at 61 starts with 9 fleets, a second to max upgraded base and a whole bunch of tech that some players didn't get until they were well into their 100s. 

The methods I mentioned are just that, methods. You don't have to use them but they're things that many of us have done to get through the rough trot that is open season. 

If new players weren't able to get through it for all this time then I'm sure BP wouldn't have lasted the nearly 10 years of fun we've had so far. 
    i want to ask you . how many players still playing the game .. and how many sectors did close because of this and many other things ??
  • myersey
    myersey
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 323
    gus.hovey said:
    yep its a tough time , but learn from the hits ,ask the attacker Questions about how to improve , dont get mad at them ,learn from them , make friends and join an alli , and in short time things will improve and no it wont over night change but will in a few months or better.. and when u need help ask others dont be shy , its how you learn to play ,, good luck keep your chin up ,, and leave your dock outside most will leave it ,,  and to show it can be done,, my son started playing a few months back and he just hit level 100 , he coins abit but other than that he just plays and learns , he plays with all the big guys , can take some bases and others no and not many can take his base lol   take care 
    This is the best advice you are going to get in here. make friends with the attacker if you can not enemies. Most will try to help you. Complaining in this game will get you nowhere.
  • AgentEJ
    AgentEJ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 103
    how can you even enjoy the game if you're not base hitting tho? lol
  • iam2020
    iam2020
    Greenhorn
    AgentEJ said:
    how can you even enjoy the game if you're not base hitting tho? lol

We were all level 80 at one time or another an we all lived through the onslaught.  Part of a right of passage.  You hate it now but you will do it too when you can.  Besides the difference in levels don't count as much as it used too.

its weird that you people insist on base hitting. its fine if u r in an alliance where u nid to get ally points but why hit a low level non alliance player? i opted out so that i can enjoy the game at his own pace, be it always playing catch up. i dont have plenty of available time on BP, so when i logon i wish to play at the limited time i have.

(if i hv not hit u, why the nid to hit me and disrupt my playing time?) seriously, where's the thrill in walking thru' a base who has not did you wrong? BUT when its done, you hv disrupted/imposed on his playing time. BP is a multi-faceted game where i hv no interest in base hitting. As a low level player i would prefer to use my coin on shortening my build time instead of repairing my dock every other day esp. when i hv limited funds.

all in all, i m just wondering "where's the challenge/thrill in flattening a base and taking its resources, when its so defenseless"

do players need to be so annoying???
  • RAGNAR_STORM_BORN
    RAGNAR_STORM_BORN
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 112
    Every game needs cannon fodder. I remember when you could only hit bases from lev 20 upwards. Try to live with it and learn from it. It isn't as bad as it used to be as your base repairs by itsself these days so you don't lose time like we used to.
    You want to know what I've got? Come and find out!
  • amc.control
    amc.control
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2020 Posts: 4
    Every game needs cannon fodder. I remember when you could only hit bases from lev 20 upwards. Try to live with it and learn from it. It isn't as bad as it used to be as your base repairs by itsself these days so you don't lose time like we used to.
    Kixeye should award 1 coin to every player you manages to drive off BP for the very reason you just gave.

I do hope you hv not been complaining about Kixeye bugs/fixes as they milk u dry, every game needs people like u too (tunnel visioned- People who cant see the big picture) soon u will see ur sector bereft of players and u ask "where has evryone gone?"
  • WhiteKnight35
    WhiteKnight35
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 24
    I gave up defending my base with all these new base fleets coming so I became a permanent farm base decides I only play the game once every 3 weeks
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,263
    Kixeye should award 1 coin to every player you manages to drive off BP for the very reason you just gave.

I do hope you hv not been complaining about Kixeye bugs/fixes as they milk u dry, every game needs people like u too (tunnel visioned- People who cant see the big picture) soon u will see ur sector bereft of players and u ask "where has evryone gone?"
    I guess, you did never play other facebook games, which are far more aggressive.

There was games on FB, which didn`t had a 1 1/2 days bubble system like in BP.
    The top players did farm all other players. Your was only able protect yourself with an aggressive progress from your building upgrades.
    Which means, you had to do every tasks every day to get all the materials. If you only did fall back ONE day, your base was a farm.
    Oh, and that kind of games did close after 2 years of running and did start again with a new name, but the same mechanics.

Battlepirates instead gave you always some sort of protection. And from time to time, Kix will give the players free fleets, to be able to catch
    up after a long break, so you will be able to join the actual events. (The hull upgrade and limited armor nonsense is an other story...)
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • RAGNAR_STORM_BORN
    RAGNAR_STORM_BORN
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 112

amc. Ive been playing or over 8 years. This week I saw a good lev 129 player that I have played with for 7 years and coined, scrap everything and pack it in. A little lev 85 player by me now has scrapped his base and another low level player in another sector has done the same. I stopped coining a while ago and am thinking of scrapping everything. None of these players scrapped everything because their bases were getting hit. It was for other reasons that many of us have been complaining about before still front took the game over. We have been seeing the big picture for the last few years and complaining. The wall in my house is dented from banging my head against it. 
    You want to know what I've got? Come and find out!
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,053
    edited 27 Oct 2020, 9:50AM
    Base defense is worthless in this game.  Don't waste your time.  Even when you get the best turrets in the game and the best base fleet, one fleet can walk through it with just moderate damage.  Currently, the game is a joke for base defense.  No reason to have it.
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,053
    edited 27 Oct 2020, 10:55AM
    In fact, one fleet destroyed almost every base in my area last night.  Thrills for kids.  What's the point?  Kix sold them an instant win button.  Do they actually feel good for winning when they can't lose?
  • scott_y44
    scott_y44
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 444
    if  you make your base unappetizing to hit, i.e. cost coins for the attacker to repair, then the hits will become less and less

• kenny.cassemis
    kenny.cassemis
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 29
    One of the reasons i have seen high levels hitting small untagged bases is for easy res, with no fear of any reprisals. How i would have got round this is to ask someone in sector to hit me before i log off, remembering to spend all that res first.
  • iam2020
    iam2020
    Greenhorn
    One of the reasons i have seen high levels hitting small untagged bases is for easy res, with no fear of any reprisals. How i would have got round this is to ask someone in sector to hit me before i log off, remembering to spend all that res first.
    kenny, ur suggestion is workable but it does not address this issue of bullying un-tagged low level players.  these low levels  are the players (who hv limited play time) hv acquired their hard earned resources to progress in game. to be "cannon fodder"? why the nid to farm them?  what's the benefit to the attacker other than being an annoyance and be characterized as a coward & bully.

i know base hitting is part of this game, but not everyone is into it, why hit those who are "peaceful" players and disrupt their game time.

Is KIXEYE  really interested in this culture of bullying in BP.? Are "gentlemen" players not encouraged to play?

postscript......alliance members are most encourage to continue hitting other alliance members for their weekly points, just leave "peace-loving players" alone. Like what max thorton said... where's the thrill  in destroying the base when there's no resistance. is this not bullying.
  • iam2020
    iam2020
    Greenhorn
    i am a level 96, a level 136 just demolished my base with 5 x u1 warhounds. With 5 U1 WHs, which base is safe so WHY the nid to choose mine an un-tagged base? 

my local time is 11pm.  in 1hr its bedtime, everything is under repairs,  he hit after i unloaded my resources, now i cant launch to collect more. now no resources to do anything. game time shortened because of this unprovoked hit.

isn't this an annoying disturbance  (this just doesn't apply to me only but to many  other low levels too)
    so goodnite n thanks for  all your responses.

wishing for more gentle-manly & understanding players than bullies in BP.