Why do you keep messing with the FM targets!!! STOP

• CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2,941
    FYI - we've reduced the damage in the 162 Forsaken Mission target. Thanks for your feedback, and good luck! 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,346
    edited 27 Oct 2020, 11:37PM
    FYI - we've reduced the damage in the 162 Forsaken Mission target. Thanks for your feedback, and good luck! 
    It needs reducing more. I still take more damage driving one 162 than I do from autoing 2 135s for the same points so why would we want to hit 162s?

Top prize in FM 140,000 points for one prize.
    162 Driving with everest = 1 h 18 m damage for 12,500 points or less than 10% of points needed.

2x 135 on auto = 22m 58s damage. for 12,000 points.
    6x 135s on auto = 1h 16m of damage for 36,000 points.

Either drastically boost the payout from the 162s or reduce the damage more as they are not worth it for the points needed. If the target payed out at least 10% of the TOTAL fm points needed then it would be worth it but when its less than 10% of the points needed for one top prize we may as well hit the 135s for 3x the points for the same damage.

Even better just slash the cost of the prizes.
  • Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,547
    So how much of a reduction was it? .5-1%????
  • TheLegendAZ
    TheLegendAZ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 100
    I just finished the 170 target.  Right now I can do two of them versus barely getting one 162 so the reduction better be significant.
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,869
    So once again the HTML5 excuse has been dropped. 
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • SixOfNine
    SixOfNine
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 611
    It needs reducing more. I still take more damage driving one 162 than I do from autoing 2 135s for the same points so why would we want to hit 162s?

Top prize in FM 140,000 points for one prize.
    162 Driving with everest = 1 h 18 m damage for 12,500 points or less than 10% of points needed.

2x 135 on auto = 22m 58s damage. for 12,000 points.
    6x 135s on auto = 1h 16m of damage for 36,000 points.

Either drastically boost the payout from the 162s or reduce the damage more as they are not worth it for the points needed. If the target payed out at least 10% of the TOTAL fm points needed then it would be worth it but when its less than 10% of the points needed for one top prize we may as well hit the 135s for 3x the points for the same damage.

Even better just slash the cost of the prizes.
    I have very similar results for my fleet.
    The 170 pays out about 28% more than the 162 but take about 8% more damage.
    The 135 pays out about 1/2 of what the 162 does but takes 1/4 of the damage.     

Sticking with autoing 135's
  • Dopey_87
    Dopey_87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 209
    Dopey_87 said:
    Basically Kix figures out which target the player base as a whole likes and tunes for, and that is the target that gets replaced. Plain and simple! If it's not wrecking our fleets, it has to go!! This has been the modal for quite a while now... Uncounterable rockets in the 180 and 162 are a prime example. Players were in an upheaval over the "new" 138 target in pillage cuz it was a fleet eater. So what does Kix do? They make it the "new" FM target. Tell me again how you listen to your players, not the payers? This should be an interesting explanation. The floor is yours.....
    That's not accurate. Each target lasts approximately 3 months after introduction, it's a regular and predictable cadence. 
    Actually, if you ask the vast majority of the players instead of your favorite few, you may realize that I am pretty well right on the mark. Every target that we figure out how to do for instant or in base instant repair get "replaced" by an "New and Exciting" target. Yous ruined Pillage last month with the 138, and then soiled the FM by bringing the same target to it. We didnt like it in Pillage!! Abracadabra!! New FM target!! We still don't like it!! Buuut, thats right, you are listening, just not to us.

And as pointed out in another thread, the 3 month "rotation" for targets is a new-ish thing that started with the Praet targets around the time their upgrades were introduced. Before that we were doing FM in 6-8 hits and done. Now yous keep eliminating the "go to" target the masses like. However, I cant quite grasp why the 120/121's are still around. Other than you want players to commit their lives to this game in the endless grind that it has become? Spend an hour hitting a few targets for 12 hrs repair, or spend 12 hrs hitting targets for instant repair? Doesnt seem like a fair trade to me...... 
  • Dreaded_Fred
    Dreaded_Fred
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 38
    Personally it didn't matter what u did to the damage level for the target. this is a garbage target. scrap it and start over!