Why do you keep messing with the FM targets!!! STOP

Super_ninja_xva
Super_ninja_xva
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 121
why has the 160s been changed? they were fine people were making fleets to do them then weeks later they change to 162 now i have went from getting 120k points per fleet to 80 and on top of this the prices of the prizes doesnt move. Please STOP if it doesnt need changing leave it ALONE. give people time to build ships they need its bad enough thee is so much todo and build times are ridiculous as it is. plus we waste enugh dock space doing upgrades when we should of had an upgrade refit dock!!!! just leave the FM targets alone!!!!!!
  • magnus.isgren.1
    magnus.isgren.1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 127
    You get 300K+ easy from 135 on autopilot instead....
  • heat.miser.37
    heat.miser.37
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 436

Welcome to Chore Pirates! If you want to play a battle game, you should find one that allows players time to battle each and repair fleets for more battle than occupying everyone's time with tasks.

• Marc Murat
    Marc Murat
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 184
    why has the 160s been changed? they were fine people were making fleets to do them then weeks later they change to 162 now i have went from getting 120k points per fleet to 80 and on top of this the prices of the prizes doesnt move. Please STOP if it doesnt need changing leave it ALONE. give people time to build ships they need its bad enough thee is so much todo and build times are ridiculous as it is. plus we waste enugh dock space doing upgrades when we should of had an upgrade refit dock!!!! just leave the FM targets alone!!!!!!

same feeling - in 30 minutes I could make 48K ponts in 160's for the same damage as now 12,5 K in a 162.
    And for attacking 135's, I have only  18 K points in that same time.
    Give those 160's back to th players !
  • Dreaded_Fred
    Dreaded_Fred
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 38
    I thought the 160 was a great target. it had mutiple routes with a true challenge. this 162 target is just a damage hungry POS. just throw a bunch of ice pools into a missile hungry, take all this damage and like it target!  lmfao
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2,901
    Noted - we do change the FM targets each month, and they're generally on a 3-month cycle. Taking this feedback to the team, thanks folks. 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • TheLegendAZ
    TheLegendAZ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 100
    Noted - we do change the FM targets each month, and they're generally on a 3-month cycle. Taking this feedback to the team, thanks folks. 

120 and 121 have been there for nearly two years.  They are essentially identical targets and nobody runs Inferno Dragons anymore that they were tuned for.  Praes can auto them but with escalating prize costs they're essentially useless.
  • Super_ninja_xva
    Super_ninja_xva
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 121
    thanks guys nice to see im not only one who feels like this

• phil.rothwell.5
    phil.rothwell.5
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 970
    Changing the targets ahead of releasing sufficient blueprints to do them is not a fair system.
  • Grahame_J
    Grahame_J
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 28
    I understand that the FM cycle changes every 3 months. But wasn't expecting on a 162 the damage was going to go up 5 fold   for just a measly extra 500 points in relation to a 160
  • WickedW
    WickedW
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 7
    Before this last raid, I worked my **** off, and spent a few coins to get my Everest Fleet to where I could do the 160's as efficiently as possible. Now, the 160's are gone and 162 in its place. I went from instant repair in my base to 2.5 hours damage for an extra 500 points. Yes.. 500 points. I am not going to sit on this game and grind away doing 135's after having spent time and money to get a fleet capable of more. If I knew thats what d have to do, I would have skipped the Everest and stuck with my Praetorians. It was actually starting to get fun figuring out the best build to do 160's then 170's and eventually 180's. Now, I couldnt care less if I even do the weekly.
  • Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,540
    thanks guys nice to see im not only one who feels like this

Definitely not the only one that feels this way.

Kix just chooses to listen to itself when they change targets....can only imagine what the "new" PvP will look like.....cloak and dagger when it goes wrong they can blame the warmongers...
  • Alexa the BAE
    Alexa the BAE
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 670
    It was necessary to replace the level 160 target, I could see this coming.
    Not enough damage on the fleet players specially built to battle it.
    Twenty minutes repair vs two hours repair? It makes sense.
    "a computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing"
  • CrimsonTampon
    CrimsonTampon
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 528
    we had an area for upgrades...... it was the retrofit lab...... then later the foundry, unfortunately they keep cancelling these feature in favor of clogging up out shipyards and making it seem like ship build times are going down, when infact it isnt and upgrades just seem to be getting longer and longer. i agree i hate the changes all the time.
    Image result for shy girls mario
  • frank p
    frank p
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 468
    Ghillie, this "Noted" is your standard response when the community brings up issue.. You have no more control over the company then we do.. These changes screw smaller players who do not have the means to deal with these changes.. I know of players who don't have Glad flts, did not get Photons, not to mention many other hulls because they can not keep up.. 3 mth raid cycles are a big contributor..  Keep it up, your player base keeps shrinking, and you have no one coming up to backfill the losses..
  • FiftyStars
    FiftyStars
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 94
    frank p said:
    Ghillie, this "Noted" is your standard response when the community brings up issue.. You have no more control over the company then we do.. These changes screw smaller players who do not have the means to deal with these changes.. I know of players who don't have Glad flts, did not get Photons, not to mention many other hulls because they can not keep up.. 3 mth raid cycles are a big contributor..  Keep it up, your player base keeps shrinking, and you have no one coming up to backfill the losses..
    Write to the owners like I said.  You may get diddly results otherwise.  Notice that the FM prize list is essentially a waste of space.  The team has apparently given up on the FM developement.  And we have so many outdated pieces, like the Foundry?  And why offer up garbage prizes in tier2-4?  You can't do any meaningful work with those old parts and hulls.  The path now is, get the starter kits, and at some point you need to start paying for offers out of your pocket.  Any other path is a waste of time and effort.  Kix knows this.  They just leave a garbage game for what's left of the player base and let us whine and complain in forums, and deny that there's any real problem.
  • frank p
    frank p
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 468
    frank p said:
    Write to the owners like I said.  You may get diddly results otherwise.  Notice that the FM prize list is essentially a waste of space.  The team has apparently given up on the FM developement.  And we have so many outdated pieces, like the Foundry?  And why offer up garbage prizes in tier2-4?  You can't do any meaningful work with those old parts and hulls.  The path now is, get the starter kits, and at some point you need to start paying for offers out of your pocket.  Any other path is a waste of time and effort.  Kix knows this.  They just leave a garbage game for what's left of the player base and let us whine and complain in forums, and deny that there's any real problem.
    You get diddly results regardless..
  • nowiamthemaster
    nowiamthemaster
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 580
    they want you  to get the new  ship man its  pretty easy to say hey   we want the  old easy target back but   hey man they want to make money not give it away in the fm  if you dont want to grind it out then  coin it...   if you all  build  two or three  everest you can do the  older targets on auto  heck  people are  using the  predatorians   1 ship   fleets to   go out and   smash all the 120's they can  find

• Shinkick
    Shinkick
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 120
    Hey Ghillie, you really should just get the Monetization manager to answer these complaints. Its really showing that they are the only ones with any power to make changes.
    "People are doing good at target, take it away and replace it with something with 10 times as much damage." -Fictitious quote from every monetization meeting.

When will the company realise more people will spend money if their is better value in a purchase. That doesn't mean discounted coins, it means extra play time instead of targets that you are lucky to get 4 down with 12 hrs repair. This goes double for raid targets.
    If I get to have fun learning and driving a target around 10 times, I'm more likely to coin a repair and go again, and maybe roll for GM crews and have a longer session of drive, coin repeat.
    But I wont with the state of play as it has been for a while.
    [JUDAS] Remember its just a game, and a games only as good as the cold Beer afterwards.. and before.. and during.. 
  • Possaman
    Possaman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 147
    What you have to remember is the goal. The goal is to get most of the players to pay for repairs to their fleets and to do that they have to change targets frequently, making them incrementally longer to repair. They have learned from the old approach that just jacking up the damage to ridiculous levels costs them players. They are now at the stage that new players are hard to come by, given all the competition in the gaming market, and they cant piss too many players off all at once. So we have this incremental damage creep. 
    12 hours repair is the most they could probably get away with, when it gets to 15-18 hours then peeps are gonna take their custom elsewhere.
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    frank p said:
    Shinkick said:
    Hey Ghillie, you really should just get the Monetization manager to answer these complaints. Its really showing that they are the only ones with any power to make changes.
    "People are doing good at target, take it away and replace it with something with 10 times as much damage." -Fictitious quote from every monetization meeting.

When will the company realise more people will spend money if their is better value in a purchase. That doesn't mean discounted coins, it means extra play time instead of targets that you are lucky to get 4 down with 12 hrs repair. This goes double for raid targets.
    If I get to have fun learning and driving a target around 10 times, I'm more likely to coin a repair and go again, and maybe roll for GM crews and have a longer session of drive, coin repeat.
    But I wont with the state of play as it has been for a while.
    A couple quick things: 

No one person on Battle Pirates makes all the decisions alone. We take a team approach to things, including listening to and incorporating community feedback, which is why I'm incredibly hesitant to make promises unless I know for sure that something is being changed/actioned. I also don't want to leave things without responding. So my usual process is this: 
    • Acknowledge questions/concerns. 
    • Bring them to the team and immediately inform folks if I can receive a quick answer on something. 
    • Quick answers aren't always possible, but I do push things forward in the appropriate avenues, and I let folks know if/when something is changing. Things aren't always as cut and dry as they might seem initially. 
    In regards to the FM target, I can't make promises at the moment. But I can say that we are reviewing feedback and taking it into consideration when it comes to planning.

I'm hoping to have more info to share today/tomorrow, but even if things aren't actioned overnight, looking at how we can improve the FM (and all our events) is an ongoing -- and incredibly important -- conversation. 
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,222
    I like having new FM targets, it gets old hitting the same target for a year straight.

What I don't like is having increased repair-time-to-get-prizes (combination of increased damage and increased fm prizes, but offset by raised points per target). Some things are too easy, such as the 160 for instant repair (when it came out, it was good, but when we got better fleets is got too easy).

I'm actually happy with the 170 as it is right now because I can spend 2 nights autoing it and get the two prizes I need. I won't be okay with next month when that goes away and we get the 172 doing 2x the damage as the 170. (This is from the perspective of someone fully on top of their Everest fleet who plays all the events and has all the armor...if I didn't I would not be okay with the repair time per week).

TLDR:
    New targets = good (keeps the game fresh).
    New targets that do 3x the damage when out fleet is only 1.5x better = bad
    When I am not helping people on forums, and I'm not banned, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DerpyTheCow47?sub_confirmation=1
  • Dopey_87
    Dopey_87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 203
    Basically Kix figures out which target the player base as a whole likes and tunes for, and that is the target that gets replaced. Plain and simple! If it's not wrecking our fleets, it has to go!! This has been the modal for quite a while now... Uncounterable rockets in the 180 and 162 are a prime example. Players were in an upheaval over the "new" 138 target in pillage cuz it was a fleet eater. So what does Kix do? They make it the "new" FM target. Tell me again how you listen to your players, not the payers? This should be an interesting explanation. The floor is yours.....
  • Dopey_87
    Dopey_87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 203
    A couple quick things: 

No one person on Battle Pirates makes all the decisions alone. We take a team approach to things, including listening to and incorporating community feedback

- Someone up on high is telling you what/how to do to get blood from this rotting rock. Everyone has a boss! 
    - What "community" feedback are you listening to and incorporating? It's surely not the general masses. The 'New" FM target is proof enough of that.

In regards to the FM target, I can't make promises at the moment. But I can say that we are reviewing feedback and taking it into consideration when it comes to planning.

- No you're not!! As stated above, the new FM target proves you not listening. No one liked it in Pillage, why would we want it as an FM target ffs?!? ESPECIALLY with its lousy payout to smear more crap on the ****?
  • Shinkick
    Shinkick
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 120
    A couple quick things: 

No one person on Battle Pirates makes all the decisions alone. We take a team approach to things, including listening to and incorporating community feedback, which is why I'm incredibly hesitant to make promises unless I know for sure that something is being changed/actioned. I also don't want to leave things without responding. So my usual process is this: 
    • Bring them to the team and immediately inform folks if I can receive a quick answer on something. 
    • Quick answers aren't always possible, but I do push things forward in the appropriate avenues, and I let folks know if/when something is changing. Things aren't always as cut and dry as they might seem initially. 

I'm hoping to have more info to share today/tomorrow, but even if things aren't actioned overnight, looking at how we can improve the FM (and all our events) is an ongoing -- and incredibly important -- conversation. 
    Its pretty much my point, you're just here to smile and say "we are listening". While the people making decisions just try and wring more money out through increased damage and shorter game play instead of by making the game fun again.
    Its not your fault and I don't envy your position. But ****, there is so much good feedback in these forums to make the game good again. But really the majority of us are only here because of the time we have invested in the past, and the players we talk to. The game play components not what has us logging on and caring anymore.
    [JUDAS] Remember its just a game, and a games only as good as the cold Beer afterwards.. and before.. and during.. 
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Dopey_87 said:
    Basically Kix figures out which target the player base as a whole likes and tunes for, and that is the target that gets replaced. Plain and simple! If it's not wrecking our fleets, it has to go!! This has been the modal for quite a while now... Uncounterable rockets in the 180 and 162 are a prime example. Players were in an upheaval over the "new" 138 target in pillage cuz it was a fleet eater. So what does Kix do? They make it the "new" FM target. Tell me again how you listen to your players, not the payers? This should be an interesting explanation. The floor is yours.....
    That's not accurate. Each target lasts approximately 3 months after introduction, it's a regular and predictable cadence. 
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Shinkick said:
    A couple quick things: 

Its pretty much my point, you're just here to smile and say "we are listening". While the people making decisions just try and wring more money out through increased damage and shorter game play instead of by making the game fun again.
    Its not your fault and I don't envy your position. But ****, there is so much good feedback in these forums to make the game good again. But really the majority of us are only here because of the time we have invested in the past, and the players we talk to. The game play components not what has us logging on and caring anymore.
    Appreciate the even-keeled response, but that's not *quite* what I said. I'm not just a go-between, but I also need to acknowledge that there is a process and that I can't make most decisions alone. 

The game is a constant work in progress, and while our focus is on HTML5 at the moment, we are absolutely working on QoL/game improvements. For example, keep an eye out for the Bounty briefing this afternoon. We're mixing things up a bit based on some feedback to give folks a bit more fun and variety this time around. 

Cheers!