shield bars

timmydavis2
timmydavis2
Potential Threat
Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 85
Good Day,

When you use a Pharmakon vessel, the shield bar shows the phase level.

When you use a Spectre vessel, the Prime shift levels are shown on the shield bar.

Was this info explained in the game someplace?  Not here on the forum, but in a tutorial or a briefing or something?  They don't appear to be there now.  Maybe I missed it.

Maybe folks should make some Faction specific Tutorials or Guides.

---

Also the briefings would be useful to keep up, in the game, for a few days after an event.  That way newish players can build an appropriate fleet, for the next event. - and maybe an extra bit of info,    what should folks maximize ? - shields/screens/ablation, armor, or damage  Should they mix and match things?  Should they use fused weapons or would normal weapons work.  For example, just achieving a fleet of Omega Mk III's is not enough.

All the players out their do not know about this forum or go search for youtube videos.  Or even know these are possibilities.

Some in-game help like this would help alot, or even mentions of other sources.

This game is full of little things and nuisance.  A little knowledge turns a 5 minute battle from a short repair time (or a few coins) and hours and hours of repair time.

Anyhow, thanks for reading this.
  • Star Platinum
    Star Platinum
    VC Mod
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 2,185
    Follow these guides by @Cyrus Leung, which helps a starting player get from nothing to Spectre with some work put into it.

Beginner's Guide to Fast Progression to Tier 9: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/768641/p1
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned. | ヘブンズ・ドアー
  • timmydavis2
    timmydavis2
    Potential Threat
    Thank you very much,

I have been aware of these guides for some time.

They could have these links directly in the tutorial section of the game.

-

Why isn't there a Ranger Mission instead of a Longbow Destroyer mission?  Or better both.

how about a set of missions about nebulas?

a set of missions for each of the factions?

The in game tutorials seemed to have been last updated in August 2019 and December 2017.  The Missions?  I didn't find them until after the carriers were released.

I'm suggesting these sections need updates.

Thanks for reading this
  • CM Jackson
    CM Jackson
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Apr 2020 Posts: 199
    Hey there! So the linked guides are community creations. They are valuable resources, but ultimately depend on community members who have the time to make them. 

For the in-game suggestions, though, that's something that we can discuss with the devs. While additional guides and missions are ultimately fairly resource intensive, we can see what we can do. 
  • timmydavis2
    timmydavis2
    Potential Threat
    Hey there! So the linked guides are community creations. They are valuable resources, but ultimately depend on community members who have the time to make them. 

For the in-game suggestions, though, that's something that we can discuss with the devs. While additional guides and missions are ultimately fairly resource intensive, we can see what we can do. 

thank you.

Okay, so the guides mentioned will not be added, because not official stuff, cool.  That's fine.  That makes sense.

I understand that the missions and so forth will take some effort.  It takes a lot of effort to get 1 million points during an event.  Taking out 40 lvl 91 fleets.  Or 25 lvl 94 fleets.  900 fragments when you get 20-25 by victory is closer to 30+ lvl 94 fleets.  That's a lot of effort.

It takes a couple of weeks (or more) of effort to move a fleet of Omegas up from MK I to MK III.  Even longer to move a fleet of Aerico's up
    to MK III (myr refit time). Just to build the 2 levels of MK II and MK III is 19HRs or 360 ish coins, now multiple that by 6 for the fleet.  And then you have whatever weapons, screens and so forth they had to begin with.

That's assuming you can build Omega's.

Some new alliance members are three, four, five tiers behind other members.

--

Maybe creating forum pages from a dev or employee (official person) could explain some of these things.  Have links from the game to here (the forums).

-

My goal is not necessarily for me.  I'm sure I could benefit from some of this info.  It's for newer players.

The developers need to figure out how long it takes a person to move up from tier 1 to 2 to 3 ...to 9.  How many weeks or months of effort?  How many coins. How long to build a fully loaded fleet at each tier, so they can effectively get the blueprints to move up to the next tier.  And then once you reach tier 7/8, at least 3 full fleets (one per faction).

To keep new folks around, they could use some help.

Thanks for reading this.