Back to Glass Cannons

The Real Idisturbu
The Real Idisturbu
Potential Threat
Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 49
So with the launch of the new drive pvp has went right back to glass cannon battles another thing is last tier all weapons was equal in power and now from one month to the next we have to refit guns I am not mad at kixeye I just thought they wanted to step away from glass cannons and now it seems we are right back to them 
  • RaptureAkaDino
    RaptureAkaDino
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,029
    whats even funnier is each new weapon they release makes the previous one useless, but if you started the game from scratch the difference between projectile energy and explosive wasnt the dps it was range, spread and speed. the dps creep on these new guns makes new tech useless so much faster than usual............its a great idea what they have done but implementing it is a huge mess and waste of time fort the players who struggle to fit there ships in the spaces between events and as events and sub events are so frequent you have to choose what to miss out on etc
  • Frankv
    Frankv
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 895
    its funny how a driver does more damage then energy based weapons which have less range.
    and i wouldnt say glass cannons. its mainly the problem that the driver dps is aburd high.

the reason for this is so that kix could make the liberatus targets tougher. which is bullcrap tho.
    when T9 released we were suprised with rife DPS output. and now a new T9 weapon lvl1 has almost equal dps output as Rife RI drop lvl 3.... like... why and who thought of this?

anyway no logic to be found here. only more powercreep. and people refitting like crazy.
    i had 2 switch fleets, 1 rife and one breach. im concidering to refit my breach switches to the new driver because of the dps output and sheer lack of dps in rife and breach... compared to the driver.

start of T9 i thought this gonna be a good tier. but its turning into a joke rn...

little example. rife switch fleet wont win from a driver switch fleet. and thats gonna be a fact.

• SpectreKai
    SpectreKai
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 313
    I've been waiting for the time where projectile weapons have the edge. More destroyer fleets!
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,962
    I've been waiting for the time where projectile weapons have the edge. More destroyer fleets!

Thats moot when Titans can use these weapons as well.
  • Frankv
    Frankv
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 895
    edited 19 Oct 2020, 5:27AM

Thats moot when Titans can use these weapons as well.
    the DPS of the driver needs to be nerfed imho. maybe give it some extra bonus like in build shield bypass and 2 Pierce. then its also a viable weapon.
    the fact the lvl 1 driver has almost equal dps as Rife 3 is just plain weird designers choice. rather poor even.

an Kixeye official explaining why the dps is so absurd would be nice tho. @CMjackson
  • Fat Chickens
    Fat Chickens
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 85
    Don't panic. Just coin it!
  • SpectreKai
    SpectreKai
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 313
    In all honesty the caliber driver is fun as hell to use.
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,962
    In all honesty the caliber driver is fun as hell to use.

perhaps. But it makes fights very one-dimensional. Only viable ship in PvP is Switch due to caliber and it becomes all about stacking blue resists vs positioning between firing cycles in battle to make sure you both reach Prime first (win button) and have lost no switches when that happens. Not very exciting.