Give Leviathan 100% Shield Disruption/Regeneration Disruption

Mateoski
Mateoski
Minor Nuisance
Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 185
edited 28 Sep 2020, 10:15AM

I've literally been seeing maxed out Leviathans lose to maxed out Imperators, completely using Blight damage too because the Leviathan has no Shield Disruption while the Imperator has Shield Bypass resistance.

The Leviathan's Shield Damage stat is absolutely worthless considering how the Imperator can easily regenerate it's shields and not either do anything to stop the shields or directly damage the hull.

That and the Imperator having Fire Disruption, which the Leviathan should have instead. The Hostility Augment is useless on the Leviathan against an Imperator if no one can bring the Imperator's shields down.

How the hell is this RPS when **** like this happens?

https://youtu.be/FQGrCeDwHH4

• Mateoski
    Mateoski
    Minor Nuisance
  • Frankv
    Frankv
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 895
    my oppinion is not popular but... maybe dont be a levi fanboi? and go get the impy yourself

• Mateoski
    Mateoski
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 28 Sep 2020, 2:14PM
    Frankv said:
    my oppinion is not popular but... maybe dont be a levi fanboi? and go get the impy yourself

You're missing the point entirely. Firstly, that's my Imperator in the video I linked. Secondly, the main point is that this breaks the RPS rules and the Leviathan shouldn't lose to the Imperator like this since Umbra is supposed to counter Altairian. If Leviathans were killing Zettabytes and Zettabytes were killing Imperators, I'd still be making a statement about that.
  • DARKHUNNTER
    DARKHUNNTER
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 98
    Lol...

That levy poped like popcorn against impy even with all the harmonic boost he has.

I have a better idea. Give levy an EMP overdrive, even better if its an active module. 
    Once triggered, it disrupts all electronics on both friendly and enemy ships, shutting down affected ships propulsion, all weapons (excluding projectile) and shields for a limited time (Screen energy not affected by the EMP).

Due to massive power needed to trigger the EMP, levi would have to take power from propulsion and weapons, completely disabling levis propulsion and reducing levis firepower by 50, if not even 80%, for a limited time as a result of triggering the EMP.

The aim of the EMP is not to create easy targets for levi, but to allow levi to do enough damage to enemy ship so it actually stands a chance. I beleive this would make levi much more fun to fly and much more strategic to play with.

• CM Jackson
    CM Jackson
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Apr 2020 Posts: 200
    Hey thanks for sharing this feedback! 

While the intention behind RPS is indeed that each ship tends to perform well against its opposing faction, please keep in mind that there are more factors that go into how a battle ends up. Beyond the hull itself, there are still builds and strategic decisions in battle that determine how it will result. This means that a Leviathan would not necessarily win every battle against the Imperator regardless of the situation. 

I would recommend looking into how other players are engaging with the challenge, and what they are doing to address the Imperators they encounter. 
  • Hound967
    Hound967
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2019 Posts: 3

@CM Jackson said:

While the intention behind RPS is indeed that each ship tends to perform well against its opposing faction, please keep in mind that there are more factors that go into how a battle ends up. Beyond the hull itself, there are still builds and strategic decisions in battle that determine how it will result. This means that a Leviathan would not necessarily win every battle against the Imperator regardless of the situation. 

I would recommend looking into how other players are engaging with the challenge, and what they are doing to address the Imperators they encounter. 

You mean coin refits until you find the counter lol

• Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,361
    Mateoski said:
    Personally i'd like to see that levi's equipment first.
  • Mateoski
    Mateoski
    Minor Nuisance

@Sequestor said:
    (Quote)
    Personally i'd like to see that levi's equipment first.

That Leviathan had the Blight Horde Cannon. It likely also had the Blight Ablative Carapace and had the Parasitic Armor III or Xeno Parasitic Armor IV.

• Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,361
    Mateoski said:

That Leviathan had the Blight Horde Cannon. It likely also had the Blight Ablative Carapace and had the Parasitic Armor III or Xeno Parasitic Armor IV.

I could speculate too, but exact information is always better and much more... exact. Also, judging on how fast it died, i doubt it had any added xeno resistance.
  • Frankv
    Frankv
    Strike-force Captain
    in all honesty the levi is the least PvP dread of the 3 t8 dreads. zetta can kill the imp. imp can kill zetta, seen it a couple times. there is literally not much skill needed n dread pvp. only zetta takes more effort to fly. so my opinon stays the same. use ;levi for PvE and learn how to pvp with a full fleet of 6 ships.
    in all honesty i dont really care much about mobile players. i only collect on mobile. mobile players have less chance in pvp due to micro management and wonky controls.

stop using dreads lol. specially stop praising the levi, and certainly the balance is not great. but i rather have an OP impy which i can use to PvE with rather then PvP with a rebalanced imp that is slightly weaker due to ''imbalance''

there isnt much balance in this game to begin with. i guess kix could improve shield disruption, but on the other hand then the T8 dread would be good / better vs the T9 targets. kixeye doesnt want that.

we will see what is gonna happen tho. i hope they are able to fix it without breaking the levi. it be funny to see a levi kill the torus lol...
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,962
    T8 is obsolete. I rather have them put their limited Dev resources into T9 and beyond.
  • Frankv
    Frankv
    Strike-force Captain
    if kix decides to put 100% disrupt then kix lost their mind

• Frankv
    Frankv
    Strike-force Captain
    Frankv said:
    if kix decides to put 100% disrupt then kix lost their mind

@Mateoski
    bruh 100% shield disrupt would break T9 too... then Levi would be Too OP once again.
    i understand that if people fly with no skill then RPS should take care of a win / loss. but Levi is not supposed to be powerfull beyond T8.
    rather nerf impy a bit with its shield regen.

and in my opinion the Zetta can win from other dreads when flown. even from impy. at least its not a guaranteed loss for zetta due to its speed.

dislike my comment all you want but giving Levi 100% shield disrupt is not the way to solve it.it already has a special stasis ability. it would simply put hold to T9 ships. disrupt their shields and punish them hard.
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,962
    Nerfing Imp would not improve anything. Torus releases in mere days and it will make all other dreads obsolete.
  • The Real Idisturbu
    The Real Idisturbu
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 49
    Messing with the levi just to fight 1 ship as it should would give it a huge advantage over pve fleets that have shields I am sure Kixeye doesnt want this as it does ok coming into new tier 
  • RaptureAkaDino
    RaptureAkaDino
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,029

your literally full of sh11 arent you, dpeneds what the builds have etc yeah i mean dont fit an imp out to be max level and it will lose but 2 dreads one levi one imp THE imp shouldnt have the ability to regen its shields so fast it makes the output dps of the levi a pea shooter in comparison. the zetta byte wins due to its phase ability and bombs but an imp isnt the counter to a dread and shouldnt be matching or been superior to the levi. broken mechanic wiht a sub standard response from you blaming the players fittings and intelligence and suggesting they go look at how people fit there ships etc how about YOU go fix the game so the countering system is flawed
  • Frankv
    Frankv
    Strike-force Captain

your literally full of sh11 arent you, dpeneds what the builds have etc yeah i mean dont fit an imp out to be max level and it will lose but 2 dreads one levi one imp THE imp shouldnt have the ability to regen its shields so fast it makes the output dps of the levi a pea shooter in comparison. the zetta byte wins due to its phase ability and bombs but an imp isnt the counter to a dread and shouldnt be matching or been superior to the levi. broken mechanic wiht a sub standard response from you blaming the players fittings and intelligence and suggesting they go look at how people fit there ships etc how about YOU go fix the game so the countering system is flawed
    its a little rude to be talking like this, but ok here goes,

Kixeye has the power to change the ship. but how most people look at it is that there isnt really a balanced way to do this. also, its only 1 ship that levi would lose from. beside the Zetta ofcourse. the Levi simply is a good ship, but just stay away from other T8 dreads and use it to farm.

the way kixeye takes information is trough jackson mostly. so being rude to the person who literally passes info trough is not the solution.

my oppinion stays the same. dreads are ships for pure newbies. there is no skill in flying them. how weirdly i think the RPS systems flaws here, i do not mind that the counter isnt working as intended. to begin with look at Zetta. it can win from Levi And from Impy as long as the pilot knows what its doing. this means that Levi might have some nice abilities but simply is the worst PvP T8 dread. maybe look into getting the Torus and the Impy yourselve.
    its not the optimal solution ever, but i think kix will take this mistake of theirs with them towards the next Dread they will build.

sadly RPS isnt going to be implemented as we know it today, so the only think we can hope for is that the Levi will get a specific stat:

+ 50% shield disruption VS imperator dread

this would solve the current problem. however it is kix that needs to fix this. and looking at how they fix ships tiers and bugs, its gonna take a long time.

yet again. kixeye. if you read this. please. after Tier 9 give yourselves a content realease break and fix all the current issues and bugs. take a whole season for it.  i think the playerbase will love the game more if current problems are fixed.

_ WebGL version
    - ship isseus (Levi vs imp / old tiers repair times and missing MKups for ships and more problems stated by players)
    - game crashes and PvP isseus. (battle connections)
    - Balance problems in current highest tiers
    - old tech release like the harvester, which people are asking for a lot.
    - more diversity in events.

list can go on.
    simply put kix needs to look into the content they already have and fix their problems with said tech.

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,972
    switch to phased  5 AD 3
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)