[HTML5] OFFICIAL HTML5 LAUNCH THREAD

KIX Drake
KIX Drake
KIXEYE Support
Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 411
edited 15 Sep 2020, 8:15PM

NOTE: PLEASE Click HERE TO READ A LIST OF CURRENT FIXES AND KNOWN ISSUES BEFORE POSTING. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN HTML5 BETA!

WELCOME TO THE HTML5 BETA LAUNCH! 

Commanders, 

Whether you’re here to learn more, or find out how you can help build the future of War Commander, we want to start by offering a huge “thank you” for all your help and support thus far. The entire War Commander team is incredibly excited to see our work and investment support the long-term success of this game. 

The HTML5 Beta Launch goes live with the 10.38 Update on Thursday, September 17th.

ABOUT THE SOFT LAUNCH

We know that there will still be plenty of kinks to iron out during this Beta Launch. That’s to be expected. While participation isn’t mandatory, the more commanders who join the HTML5 Beta Launch, the faster we will work through any issues that arise. By the time HTML5 Launches in full, we will all experience greater stability and performance. 

It bears repeating: If you do decide to participate in the Beta Launch… thank you. You’ll be helping to build the future of War Commander.  

OPTING IN

To opt-in to the HTML5 Beta Launch, all you have to do is click the “Enable HTML5 Client” button at the top of the game. You can also opt-out at any time during the Beta stage and return to using the Flash version easily by clicking the “Enable Flash Player” button at the top of the game. 

You’ll have the same account, same base, same platoons, same ID. Just a different technology running the game in your browser. 

REPORTING A BUG

If you notice a bug while participating in the HTML5 Beta release, it is critical that you submit a ticket to War Commander support. 

Please be sure to include:

• Screenshots and/or video

• Written steps as to how you encountered the bug so our team can easily reproduce the issue

• Your User ID, and the User IDs of any other player(s) involved 

• Your browser and what version number it is

• The platform you are playing on

FAQS

What is a "Beta"?

“Beta” is a game industry term for any software still under development that is made available during its life cycle. Participants in the Beta are there to test, examine, and report any problems. Beta Testing allows developers and engineers to find problems and fix them prior to a full release.

Do I have to start using HTML5 now? 

Participation in the HTML5 Beta release is not mandatory, but we would love for you to participate. If you choose to participate, you can do so using the button to the left and above the game. You can turn off HTML5 and resume playing on Flash at any time. 

When HTML5 officially launches following the Beta release, Flash will no longer be available. 

What platforms will support the Beta Launch? 

The Beta Test will be available on all platforms. 

When is HTML5 officially launching? 

We will have a better idea of this as HTML5 Beta progresses, but our goal is to make HTML5 ready and available for full use before the end of 2020.

Have the system requirements changed? 

No! System requirements remain the same, although we STRONGLY recommend using Google Chrome. The beta has also only been tested on Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari, so any other browsers could see unintended instability. Additionally, you will experience better performance in the game if your computer, operating system, and browser version are up-to-date. You can find more info about system requirements for War Commander HERE. 

Where should I go to discuss the HTML5 Beta Launch? 

Our forums and discord! 

• Discuss the HTML5 Beta Launch below this thread, or

• Join our Discord HTML5 Discussion channel 

Thank you for playing War Commander, and for being a part of this exciting new chapter! 

• prim8
    prim8
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 546
    ok so this has not yet been tested on the FB platform is this to be understood correctly ? 
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 1,326
    prim8 said:
    ok so this has not yet been tested on the FB platform is this to be understood correctly ? 
    it is tested on all platforms but it is recommended you use the outlined browsers above for optimal performance and stability
    War isn't won by having the latest tech, but by using what you have in ways you haven't used them before
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,207
    cheap way to get your game tested and if you find issues plzs note they will not fix your dead toons or what ever you lose  
    every program, app, game ever made has a Beta stage .... EVERY ONE ... Microsoft, apple, linux, every program ever made has a beta stage

back in the day, I beta tested America Online (before it was made available to the world) ... yes, I know it shows my age .... but my point is ...

everything in the computing world, with NO exceptions goes through a beta stage

I look forward to joining this one as soon as I can

and remember, you do not have to participate in the beta, and stay on the Flash version if you want
    137.5°
  • JUMP_KILLER
    JUMP_KILLER
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 7
    kind of reminds me of preview server kixeye had before events.
  • Kenneth1038
    Kenneth1038
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 26
    I am not a tech wiz so I am going to do all that I know how to do. I have been anxiously awaiting for this to come and rest assured I will do anything I can to help sort out the bugs. 
  • crea8iv
    crea8iv
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 155
    I'll be happy to participate in the beta test. I've seen this game go through many changes over the years, this one seems to be one of the most positive.
  • Alan006
    Alan006
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 1,156
    kind of reminds me of preview server kixeye had before events.
    I do miss them...
  • Christian_CDoW
    Christian_CDoW
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 3
    Looking forward to testing out the new Beta. This could indeed be a much needed move in the right direction. 
  • lyndas robinson
    lyndas robinson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2020 Posts: 4
    i will try it
  • ekfarooqui
    ekfarooqui
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 217
    I would love to join
  • bipul k pator
    bipul k pator
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 13
    Can it play in mobile with apply full screen ?
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod
    Can it play in mobile with apply full screen ?
    it can work on moblie but the team isnt responsible for any bugs or glitches you encounter there as WC is not supported on phones, so play at your own risk
    War isn't won by having the latest tech, but by using what you have in ways you haven't used them before
  • Amit Bhuinya42
    Amit Bhuinya42
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 18
    Will HTML5 work on Vivaldi Browser Adel Tech?
  • JanjiJoni
    JanjiJoni
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 165
    I'm in. I will try both, on kixeye platform AND Facebook gameroom platform..... and i hope after its fully implemented, there're no more, account that cant be played on all platform (like the one i have, only can be played on kixeye) , and another friend account that can only be played on facebook, but not at kixeye..... 

• genburgerback
    genburgerback
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 88
    YOU MISSING THE POINT THEY GETTING US TO TEST IT SO THEY DONT HAVE TO THEY FOUND 133 BUGS SO FAR AND LIKE KIXEYE SAID THERE ONLY BEEN 3 TESTING IT SO BYE ALL MEANS TEST IT BUT PLZS REMBER WHAT EVER YOU FIND AND WHAT EVER YOU LOSE IE YOUR TOONS KIXEYE WILL NOT FIX YOUR TOONS THAT THE GAME KILLS WHEN TESTING THE  HTML5 Bet JUST A HEADS UP 
  • geminibabe48
    geminibabe48
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 16
    HELLO SIR OR MAM PLZ CAN U TELL ME IF I CAN STILL COIN FROM FB WC KIX WC N PUFFIN WC PLZ WITH THE NEW HTTM5 PLZ THANKYOU  LOVE THE GAME AS MY FAMILY FRIENDS PLAY N IVE PLAYED IT 10 YEARS N WILL THE BASE IVE BUILT N THE LEVELS BE THE SAME  ALL MY TOONS TANKS N AIR BLOOD THOR IMFAMY NTHANKYOU 
  • Honeybadger99
    Honeybadger99
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 7
    I don't have the option to do either

• FearTheStiletto
    FearTheStiletto
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 132
    I don't have the option to do either

The game wont go down for another 30 min so you wont be able to until it comes back up

• Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod
    Will HTML5 work on Vivaldi Browser Adel Tech?
    you can play it there but it wasnt tested there, it is recommended you use chrome for best performance 
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod
    HELLO SIR OR MAM PLZ CAN U TELL ME IF I CAN STILL COIN FROM FB WC KIX WC N PUFFIN WC PLZ WITH THE NEW HTTM5 PLZ THANKYOU  LOVE THE GAME AS MY FAMILY FRIENDS PLAY N IVE PLAYED IT 10 YEARS N WILL THE BASE IVE BUILT N THE LEVELS BE THE SAME  ALL MY TOONS TANKS N AIR BLOOD THOR IMFAMY NTHANKYOU 
    the game is the same, its just the platform is different any other features will work roughly the same way
  • Kenneth1038
    Kenneth1038
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 26
    YOU MISSING THE POINT THEY GETTING US TO TEST IT SO THEY DONT HAVE TO THEY FOUND 133 BUGS SO FAR AND LIKE KIXEYE SAID THERE ONLY BEEN 3 TESTING IT SO BYE ALL MEANS TEST IT BUT PLZS REMBER WHAT EVER YOU FIND AND WHAT EVER YOU LOSE IE YOUR TOONS KIXEYE WILL NOT FIX YOUR TOONS THAT THE GAME KILLS WHEN TESTING THE  HTML5 Bet JUST A HEADS UP 
    Genburgerback. What is the difference if we participate in the beta. I have been playing for more than 10 years and I have sent hundreds of tickets on problems I encounter. So what is the difference if we all particate in the beta for html5 to help make the game better. I hope anyway. 

• Commit Data
    Commit Data
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 35
    looking forward to test the beta.What PDT time is the maintenance done?
  • KIX Drake
    KIX Drake
    KIXEYE Support
    looking forward to test the beta.What PDT time is the maintenance done?
    No estimated time, but hopefully soon.
  • XxxBostonianxxX
    XxxBostonianxxX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 103
    edited 17 Sep 2020, 7:43PM
    Is html5 the reason all my warpath honor and infamy was reset to 0? I asked on discord and one of the power hungry mods removed me from all war commander pages. Never cussed was never warned ! They just said you dont ask that here and poof I was gone. Been over 24 hours I still have no access to anyonbe on there! Why do you guys let people like that mod discord? Either way support responded and said ot could not have happened! It did I lost 20k honor and No blood thor almost no medals all my infamy and 1k gold! Is this what html5 will do to all of us loyal coiners?

• KIX Drake
    KIX Drake
    KIXEYE Support
    The game will be coming back up shortly, but the HTML5 Beta WILL NOT be live just yet. Some final elements are still being put in place first before we enable it. Luckily, it SHOULD NOT require an additional downtime to turn it on. We will announce when it is officially live.
  • XxxBostonianxxX
    XxxBostonianxxX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 103
    KIX Drake said:
    The game will be coming back up shortly, but the HTML5 Beta WILL NOT be live just yet. Some final elements are still being put in place first before we enable it. Luckily, it SHOULD NOT require an additional downtime to turn it on. We will announce when it is officially live.
    Is html5 the reason all my warpath honor and infamy was reset to 0? I asked on discord and one of the power hungry mods removed me from all war commander pages. Never cussed was never warned ! They just said you dont ask that here and poof I was gone. Been over 24 hours I still have no access to anyonbe on there! Why do you guys let people like that mod discord? Either way support responded and said ot could not have happened! It did I lost 20k honor and No blood thor almost no medals all my infamy and 1k gold! Is this what html5 will do to all of us loyal coiners?
  • Robert Pansini Jr
    Robert Pansini Jr
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 6
    same here ? i try facebook and kixeye nothing black screen 
    show no mercy 
  • Lonly Knight
    Lonly Knight
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 44
    LoL Failed AGAIN... old news