record timing!!!!!!!

DaEagle
DaEagle
Greenhorn
Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 2
That was in RECORD Timing..  For kix to buff a new hull.. Not even 1 day after being released it's buffed.  Whales must have really had a hard time hitting lowers this time around who had it already..  go figure

Whales hit smalls.  as they make up for their SHORT Comings.
  • carbonblu
    carbonblu
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 58
    lol i was thinking the same, new record!! :)
  • XVIII-Luna
    XVIII-Luna
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 554
    edited 24 Jul 2020, 1:04PM
    DaEagle said:
    Whales must have really had a hard time hitting lowers this time around who had it already..  go figure

You realize that buff means it was made stronger right?

Left side is old stats, right side is new:

Started in 2011, sector 19.
  • carbonblu
    carbonblu
    Potential Threat
    You realize that buff means it was made stronger right?

yep, but...why change after few ours after release it??? 
    it seems there no competence there...
  • Loco266
    Loco266
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 5,725

@carbonblu said:
    (Quote)

Probably because the Piranha was next to useless before the buff. It still doesn't seem great even after having its debuff more than doubled

I'm starting to understand Magic Bunny's perspective...
  • Loco266
    Loco266
    Unicorn Overlord

@DaEagle said:
    That was in RECORD Timing..  For kix to buff a new hull.. Not even 1 day after being released it's buffed.  Whales must have really had a hard time hitting lowers this time around who had it already..  go figure

Do you know what a buff is? They made it STRONGER, not weaker. Not really how one typically approaches the situation you're describing.

• carbonblu
    carbonblu
    Potential Threat
    Loco266 said:

@DaEagle said:

Do you know what a buff is? They made it STRONGER, not weaker. Not really how one typically approaches the situation you're describing.

again...don't you think should better TEST any stuff BEFORE release it? when you buy a car and after one day you have to go and get a motor upgrade...would you happy? :)
  • Loco266
    Loco266
    Unicorn Overlord

@carbonblu said:
    (Quote)
    again...don't you think should better TEST any stuff BEFORE release it? when you buy a car and after one day you have to go and get a motor upgrade...would you happy? :)

Game design and car sales are about as incomparable as the land and the sky. This happens all the time in online games.

Warframe released a new frame recently, just over a week later she'd been buffed so much her damage output is almost unrecognizable compared to her release state. This isn't QUITE a parallel case, she didn't need the buffs, the community just thought they knew how to play her and they really, really didn't. Most of them still don't, but even their bad builds work now while those of us who do know what to do with her are steamrolling everything.

If Path of Exile didn't have a policy of not changing skills during an active league, Arc Trap wouldn't have completely dominated the entirety of Incursion League and cluster jewels would have been nerfed into the ground a week after Delirium started rather than 3 months later. Hell, Harvest crafting would have probably been nerfed within 3 days of league start, which was about how long it took before people figured out how to use it to craft weapons with literally double the DPS of the best weapons the game had seen so far. Every league SOMETHING is ridiculously broken. Every. Single. One. And unfortunately they only get changed if they're bugged, like Arcanist Brand causing Wave of Conviction to hit about ten times per cast instead of the once it was supposed to.

This happens all the time. It actually happens a lot less in BP than it does in lots of other games,case in point Path of Exile releasing something unintentionally overpowered every single league. Stop complaining about it as if it's just a Kix thing, it's not. It's a gaming thing.

• XVIII-Luna
    XVIII-Luna
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 554
    Loco266 said:

@carbonblu said:
    (Quote)

This happens all the time. It actually happens a lot less in BP than it does in lots of other games,case in point Path of Exile releasing something unintentionally overpowered every single league. Stop complaining about it as if it's just a Kix thing, it's not. It's a gaming thing.

Pretty rare to see someone else who gets this. Kix has done some pretty suspect and irresponsible stuff with balance but it isn't just Kixeye. Most game companies have a problem of making things too strong on release where as Kixeye has a tendency to make something too weak and then overbuff it later.
    The Basilisk was a trash ship until it got its buff in the form of U2, which then made it one of the most overbearing ships in the game that caused nearly everyone to redesign their base. On the flip side, you have good balance changes like the Arbalest II getting CM evade.

Though I think it is fair to be harder on Kixeye in regards to their balance issues because my strength as a player directly correlates to how much real world time I've spent playing over X period of time. I can't just go powerlevel in a PvE zone and be stronger.
    Started in 2011, sector 19.
  • carbonblu
    carbonblu
    Potential Threat
    I like your way of thinking, but i don't agree (all) with you, Loco266
    i notice a lot of "adjustment" of stuff in last year, 5 or 8 year ago there aren't been any of them. probably now they have less time to test a hull before release it, because they decided to run fast (2 month cycle instead 3, ecc ecc...), or maybe they change programmers or number of them.
    nothing to say, it's they're own business strategy. 
    But i'm a "client", and i have to say that is not a good thing, think about do or not do a bounty for a stuff, and after have to change idea because they change the stuff. Maybe it's the same also in other game but it's not good, iìm not satisfied.

...and sorry for my bad bad english, i don't know if i explain well and enough my opinion.

• jschlueter1
    jschlueter1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 634
    carbonblu said:
    I like your way of thinking, but i don't agree (all) with you, Loco266
    i notice a lot of "adjustment" of stuff in last year, 5 or 8 year ago there aren't been any of them. probably now they have less time to test a hull before release it, because they decided to run fast (2 month cycle instead 3, ecc ecc...), or maybe they change programmers or number of them.
    nothing to say, it's they're own business strategy. 
    But i'm a "client", and i have to say that is not a good thing, think about do or not do a bounty for a stuff, and after have to change idea because they change the stuff. Maybe it's the same also in other game but it's not good, iìm not satisfied.

...and sorry for my bad bad english, i don't know if i explain well and enough my opinion.

Yeah, not so much. They've been changing stuff after release ever since I've been playing the game, and that's since almost the beginning. One of the constant complaints that whole time has been, "Why don't you test this crap?!"
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2,546
    carbonblu said:
    Loco266 said:

@DaEagle said:

We absolutely do test things. But sometimes things come to light when thousands of people try something out, and one of the benefits of this type of game is that we can make changes as needed based on feedback. No, it isn't always a perfect system, but it's helpful when we see opportunities for improvement. Some changes are easier than others, and some take a bit more time. 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager