Super Superior Armor Points?

matthew.kudej
matthew.kudej
Greenhorn
Joined Jul 2020 Posts: 2
I'm new to the forum as I haven't played in several years.  But I was looking at the stats for the newer ships and was surprised to see that the armor points on the ships are well above what my ships are listed at.  I would expect newer ships to be better I guess.  But for instance the Citadel is listed as having 333,165 armor points vs my Hammerhead which has 2,400.  Is this a glitch.  Or are these new ships just that much better?
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 3,474
    Refer to the TIER of the hull, & that will explain the armour points difference.

The Hammerhead is extremely old--so old, I never bothered with them.

The Citadel, however, is quite a bit newer than the Hammerhead (but still junk) & that's why the better stats.

General rule of thumb: The higher the tier, the better the stats.
    I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & other forms of violence, like roasting faces, or cutting horses in two with a single swing of my sword
    I fear nothing, your pixels are dust compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • matthew.kudej
    matthew.kudej
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2020 Posts: 2
    Oh.  Good call.  I found a video on that.  That explains a lot.  Thanks!

• Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 3,474
    Oh.  Good call.  I found a video on that.  That explains a lot.  Thanks!

A wee correction to the video:

Skirmish hulls will deal either Concussive or Explosive damage (think of the Razor for explosive) & will be resistant to both of those types, NOT Corrosive damage as per the blurb at 1:50.

I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & other forms of violence, like roasting faces, or cutting horses in two with a single swing of my sword
    I fear nothing, your pixels are dust compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)