Will HTML5 Eliminate Flash Player from the game?

MR GRIEVANCE BHB
MR GRIEVANCE BHB
Skilled Warrior
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 392
Will the full HTML5 conversion eliminate Flash Player from the game?  Because I'm sick of all the Flash Player crashes.  
  • Skipjack
    Skipjack
    WC Mod
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,219
    eventually, yes
    Flash will be entirely removed by the end of the year

Bacon Resistance is Futile
  • merou pettes
    merou pettes
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 15
    eliminate bugs from your **** game, it's all strart here... do your job
  • Maj.Tom
    Maj.Tom
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2019 Posts: 503
    Skipjack said:
    eventually, yes

Now will this be pulled off with no major interuptions or glitches to the game and most importantly we will be able to play the game without so many problems? Because something of this magnitude and ther track record does concern me.
  • Skipjack
    Skipjack
    WC Mod
    Maj.Tom said:
    Skipjack said:
    eventually, yes

Now will this be pulled off with no major interruptions or glitches to the game and most importantly we will be able to play the game without so many problems? Because something of this magnitude and their track record does concern me.
    There will be bugs and glitches which is what the post Kix Nixeye made is about. When you remove a large component of the game there are bound to be problems.  There is a Bug Report Channel called the "AI Removal Bug Chat" the team has set up on the WC Discord (title of channel subjected to change as we progress through each phase of removing Flash all together)  and it will be monitored closely and adjustments to the game to rectify issues as they arise will be communicated to the community as often as possible. 
    In 2015, it was said this would never happen, that when Flash died, there would be no future for BP or WC ( BP=Battle Pirates)  The Live game play version of HTML5 and testing is in full swing in Battle Pirates and WC is right behind it. 

• Maj.Tom
    Maj.Tom
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2019 Posts: 503
    Skipjack said:
    Maj.Tom said:
    Skipjack said:
    eventually, yes

Now will this be pulled off with no major interruptions or glitches to the game and most importantly we will be able to play the game without so many problems? Because something of this magnitude and their track record does concern me.
    There will be bugs and glitches which is what the post Kix Nixeye made is about. When you remove a large component of the game there are bound to be problems.  There is a Bug Report Channel called the "AI Removal Bug Chat" the team has set up on the WC Discord (title of channel subjected to change as we progress through each phase of removing Flash all together)  and it will be monitored closely and adjustments to the game to rectify issues as they arise will be communicated to the community as often as possible. 
    In 2015, it was said this would never happen, that when Flash died, there would be no future for BP or WC ( BP=Battle Pirates)  The Live game play version of HTML5 and testing is in full swing in Battle Pirates and WC is right behind it. 

Well i guess time will tell.I feel if this goes off with minimal problems the game does stand a chance.If not then ill throw in the towel.Sorry to say one can only take so much.
  • Skipjack
    Skipjack
    WC Mod
    Well i guess time will tell.I feel if this goes off with minimal problems the game does stand a chance.If not then ill throw in the towel.Sorry to say one can only take so much.
    I understand your sentiments, believe me I do.  At this point as a player I am hopeful, but yes as with all things new, I also am hesitant.

• wildpuppy
    wildpuppy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 3
    SO if we are to post bugs on discord with update and Im banned from discord where am I to post bugs?