Does Kixeye Have An Anti-bullying Policy

Michael McNamara
Michael McNamara
Greenhorn
Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2
While i realise that Base Attacks are sometimes part of the game, when you are constantly attacked by one player it does get a bit tiring. I enjoy playing the Missions etc with my allies and we have a great little group going where we help each other etc as the game sometimes dictates. But when your base has been attacked 5 times in a 2 week period by 1 player it gets a bit much and pretty annoying. Maybe we need a time limit where if you have been attacked the same player cannot re-attack for a month or so. I know that I could spend coin and constantly bubble my base but that is not really and option as the new account security system takes so long to work here in Australia that the transaction times out before the verification come through.
Anyway what are your thoughts on constant attacks - looking forward to the discussions     
  • MillionDlrBil
    MillionDlrBil
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 766
    edited 31 May 2020, 12:14AM
    The short answer to this question is yes, there are Anti-Bullying solutions implemented within the game. 

For instance there is a 1 hour bubble so a players base can not be hit more than 8 times in the space of 4 hours. It doesn't matter which players hit you, it's just 8 in total including hits with no damages. 

There's also a new introduction of the Red bubble. It's so a single player can only hit your base 3 times in the space of 48 hours. This also tallies hits that don't deal damage. 

The above are portions of the game to prevent bullying. It's certainly on the teams radar. If you feel you are being bullied beyond that you may lodge a Harassment ticket. These can be done without the minimum spend requirement so even if you can't lodge a regular ticket it is fine. There is a link to the support section in my signature or you can click the "Support" button above your screen. 

For the moment I'm going to leave this thread open, but I am watching 

It sounds a bit strange that you're having an issue purchasing coin. I'm an Australian pirate and I can purchase just fine. If you're unable to purchase coin for any reason, please lodge a ticket with the support system listed on the purchase screen in which you use. (It will be marked in the fine print where you go to select your payment method). 
    Support || Forum Rules || Discord <<< Click me
  • ThePirateGamer
    ThePirateGamer
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 448
    sorry but its only 5 hits in a 2 week period is not really being bullied ive hit people more then that it is part of the game like you said 

• EWWWWWW
    EWWWWWW
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2
    5 times?

That's less than some players prep(ed) bases....lol
  • Moon Pie
    Moon Pie
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 400
    While i realise that Base Attacks are sometimes part of the game, when you are constantly attacked by one player it does get a bit tiring. I enjoy playing the Missions etc with my allies and we have a great little group going where we help each other etc as the game sometimes dictates. But when your base has been attacked 5 times in a 2 week period by 1 player it gets a bit much and pretty annoying. Maybe we need a time limit where if you have been attacked the same player cannot re-attack for a month or so. I know that I could spend coin and constantly bubble my base but that is not really and option as the new account security system takes so long to work here in Australia that the transaction times out before the verification come through.
    Anyway what are your thoughts on constant attacks - looking forward to the discussions     
    I asked Kix about this once back before they sold to the Swedes. Not Zendesk or moderators but Kix Corp. The answer I received was they didn't consider it bullying. They referred to it as "griefing" and considered it a legitimate aspect of the game. However, with the rollout of new PVP rules it appears Kix finally realized griefing was driving a certain percentage of players out of the game and lost players are potentially lost revenue. With the new rules it's virtually impossible to shut someone down or drive them out. As an example, I have a fellow that's been insectoring my base every 36 hours for weeks. Hasn't slowed down my game one iota. My warehouses are full, new fleets are built, and I participate in all events. I'm also an independent so medals mean nothing to me. Anyone griefing under the new PVP rules is in my opinion not a very astute player and doing so out of sheer ego gratification. Just ignore them as you would a gnat buzzing about your head and get on with your game. 
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,750
    seems we  all have a differing opinion of what a battle game is.  Some people call it bullying and others call it playing. we can always try to hit the other base back. does it matter if a bases gets attacked  from the sam eperson or differing people. I know when I played that I never intentionally hit the same person twice bu t also do not see anything other thanthis peron is hitting a base that he knows he can win and will not have to wory about revenge. Free points and resources as they say.
    ahava veshalom
  • jooikka
    jooikka
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 35
    did you send him any pm's in this 2 week period?, if you did that could be the reason

• michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,955
    I dont really understand this either. You have the Choice to RELOCATE every 3 days-FREE. Use that option. IF he follows you every week for weeks-maybe complain then. Join an alliance and they will smash him. Lot's of ways to handle this type of issue.
  • XVIII-Luna
    XVIII-Luna
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 554
    Relocate and make your defenses better. If you are getting attacked and they are winning, you are a farm to them and that's all there is to it. They will continue to attack you because they can reliably get what they want out of you, be it medals, resources or hate mail. This is not harassment, it is simply you being on the short end of the stick of someone playing to win.

This is also not griefing as mentioned above. Griefing is performing completely unnecessary actions to annoy or inconvenience another player. Sniping chore fleets and dropping launchpad rockets on a dock repeatedly is griefing, for example. However, being attacked repeatedly for your medals/resources is not griefing even if it causes inconvenience, as this is someone playing the game as expected of them.
    Started in 2011, sector 19.
  • Chister Adersson
    Chister Adersson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 142
    5 times in two weeks?  :D I get hit 5-10 times everyday......
  • Marius Kain
    Marius Kain
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 370
    The term Bullying can be interpreted in so many ways. This is a COMBAT game. You build Ships, You attack ships Either PVE or PVP, but both are combat and attacks. To call having your base hit a multitude of times by a single player , Bullying, is a stretch, even in my opinion. There are options to Avoid this situation as has been mentioned, RELOCATE, IF you are part of an alliance, perhaps retaliation by your ally-mates is in order. I find myself book marking bases that I find easy to hit for Ally points, I hit them at least every week, if I can for my points, I suppose that in the opinion of the OP is bullying, but in fact is part of the game. 

USE his attacts to improve your base. IT takes time to learn base defense and in the modern time of Battle Pirates with the newest change, its going to get more difficult. Analyze the hits, find the weakness then work on it, DO not be complacent with a single base, I have had to change my base design at least 2 times a week in varying degree's to try and stave off being a PHARM to the big guys. 

Turn that frown upside down and be glad your not ignored. Turn it into a laugh and congratulate them on a good hit, You might find they may leave you alone if you show that its not personal, but just what it is .... A WAR GAME.

Thanks for Reading.
  • Mila Conor
    Mila Conor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 252
    this is a war game, is it not?
    this is a pirate game, is it not?
    restricting waring in a war game is totaly ridiculous in my opinion. the restrictions kix did implement are also ridiculous to my opinion (fvf restrictions, target blocking for specific type of boats, guard boats restricted to defenders, basing boats restricted to conqs and on and on, every boat should be able to attack every target and should be able to be equiped with any weapons and specials if u ask me - just like it was in the old days, all the restrictions pretty much killed creativity and alot of the fun).
    if being attacked is considered bulying by you then a war game i afraid is not your game ...
    bulying in a war game would be to my opinion use of bad language, harrasment and other things of that sort.
    if someone attacks u non stop find the war way of dealing with it (snipe his boats, attack him or his ally or friends etc), if u cant just ignore it and fight ur own fights, but please dont cry and make kix ruin the game even more then they already have.
  • ZoneTan
    ZoneTan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 201
    The short answer to this question is yes, there are Anti-Bullying solutions implemented within the game. 

For instance there is a 1 hour bubble so a players base can not be hit more than 8 times in the space of 4 hours. It doesn't matter which players hit you, it's just 8 in total including hits with no damages. 

There's also a new introduction of the Red bubble. It's so a single player can only hit your base 3 times in the space of 48 hours. This also tallies hits that don't deal damage. 

The above are portions of the game to prevent bullying. It's certainly on the teams radar. If you feel you are being bullied beyond that you may lodge a Harassment ticket. These can be done without the minimum spend requirement so even if you can't lodge a regular ticket it is fine. There is a link to the support section in my signature or you can click the "Support" button above your screen. 

For the moment I'm going to leave this thread open, but I am watching 

It sounds a bit strange that you're having an issue purchasing coin. I'm an Australian pirate and I can purchase just fine. If you're unable to purchase coin for any reason, please lodge a ticket with the support system listed on the purchase screen in which you use. (It will be marked in the fine print where you go to select your payment method). 
    thats nor entirely true the 8 hit rule and red bubble hit rule from 1 person 3 attacks do not apply for everyone as was shown during bounty, i was hit 6 times by 1 person within a 12hr span and even before the 48hr span was hit a 7th time by the same person, i passed the issue up to a mod earlier because he said others experienced the same issue. it doesnt happen to everyone but does seem to be  a bug.
  • MillionDlrBil
    MillionDlrBil
    edited 2 Jun 2020, 10:45PM
    That doesn't make it false @ZoneTan, it just makes it broken. The team are aware of a few incidences where red bubbles have not applied, some on my own base included in that report and they are troubleshooting the problem. 

The point remains that these systems are in place for that reason and for the most part working as intended (with few exceptions)
  • Paul Larkin
    Paul Larkin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 365
    Bubbles don't work at all and Medals don't work right at all. My base was over 64% destroyed and I gained 19medals, 6mins later (so clearly no bubble) I was hit again and the same player took back 4 medals. I should have lost medals on the 1st hit and gotten a bubble.

• Chister Adersson
    Chister Adersson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 142
    That doesn't make it false @ZoneTan, it just makes it broken. The team are aware of a few incidences where red bubbles have not applied, some on my own base included in that report and they are troubleshooting the problem. 

The point remains that these systems are in place for that reason and for the most part working as intended (with few exceptions)
    The red bbles didnt work for me either. When attackers hit me they got red bbles. But i could attack them 10 times atleast and i didnt see any red bbles. Working as intended . Thank u kix ;)))
  • Slimeball_666
    Slimeball_666
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 10
    Players who say bullying players is acceptable are probably very high levels or they are bullys themselves. Its easy to preach to smaller levels struggling with the game that they should suck it up and get farmed daily and Kix supports them as well because they spend a little money and they have hacks to circumvent the rules of engagement! What a go Kix..losing good people and keeping the rotten tomatoes..its your call but I don't see you or this game lasting much longer! Shame on you Kix! This game was a lot of fun when it started; now its a greedy, insensitive and destructive game!
  • MillionDlrBil
    MillionDlrBil
    Thanks for your input. 

Closing Necro thread. 
This discussion has been closed.