wtf hero no chance for low levels

vincent8711
vincent8711
Greenhorn
Joined Aug 2019 Posts: 24
how the hell are low levels suppose to do hero holdout   and get some decent hero like braden and mikey when i just managed to do base 2  with **** loads repairs  and the payout is crap and the price for each hero is out off range 
  • Akee3
    Akee3
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 162
    just did a level 1 base and guess what those plasma tanks killed all of my heros with just one shot and thats level one! i dont even see the use of this event if a level 1 base is such a pain! its no fun at all and the payout is not even worth the damage you take i got almost 3 hrs of repair for 20k payout and all the heros are at 1500k how am i supposed to do that? I guess time to go to other games!
  • MajorAzhole
    MajorAzhole
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 1,289
    edited 22 May 2020, 7:51PM
    Base 4 is really ridiculous.  Braden can't fly out to kill the shock tanks because they fire from anti air cover in the corners.  FFS I'm level 48 and this is hard!  Taking out the buildings seems to be the only way.  I can't imagine how a low level could possible complete all four bases.  

Image may contain: 8 people, text
  • beany24951748
    beany24951748
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2020 Posts: 6
    im level 38, just got the free heroes and they are as much use as a chocolate fireguard, worst event ever,not going to bother as the first base is ridiculous and repairs are heavy

• James Pinnock
    James Pinnock
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 32
    LOL Kix really like to be top dog, I dont mind getting damage if I got a chance of getting somewhere. Thought the idea of game was to beat opponents. Seems this game is just a cash cow for Kix. But I think I join Beany and take a few days off 
  • AMERICAFCCKYEAH
    AMERICAFCCKYEAH
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 390

Just skip hero showdown ot socks anyway

• CTD-Wolves
    CTD-Wolves
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 26
    Kixeye you can shove this Holdout right up to where the sun don,t shine .
  • Hariato
    Hariato
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 135
    I Bought martin just couple days ago, and now this im getting a free martin...
    if i knew this i would have spent the medals on something els...
  • Richard_35
    Richard_35
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 30
    Low lvls are not suppose to have the best units.....put your time in,
  • Grimsayer
    Grimsayer
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 489
    why run hero's? they have not even settled hive.  just push on ahead too new problem?  has this even been fixed? from the last time it ran> that was another disaster. :(((
    this is me:)
  • MCL
    MCL
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 842
    Base 4 is a bit much, very little time to settle units, braden and martin go flying by themselves into flak...harvester gets stuck on side and units keep coming but wave won't end until he dies so eventually i have to go walkabout to get him but too late, time runs out. forced to be stuck in the middle with crazy range harvesters, a disobedient braden and units not coming in... out for the night, not fun to be honest
  • MajorAzhole
    MajorAzhole
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 1,289
    I take back everything I said, this is a piece of cake and I'm making gazillions!
    Image may contain: 8 people, text
  • lolwut1337
    lolwut1337
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 603
    Surviving waves is harder but cracking the base is easier. I'm able to clear out all buildings in all 4 bases before wave 3 even start if I play more aggressively while taking less repair time compared to previous events.
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 5,805
    if you have blood thorium Leonard makes the event a ton easier because the units beeline for him and ignore a lot of your other heroes.

between him and nick you should be able to do the first 3 bases at least, base 4 may require a bit of creative thinking without braden though.
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • TheParagon
    TheParagon
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 81
    Use Leonard. All the units will go straight for him. and your other units dont take damage at all, just be carefull of the shock tanks(Harvesters).
    The true mind can weather all lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can touch the poison of hatred without being harmed. From beginningless time, darkness thrives in the void, but always yields to purifying light.
  • Cosmic Destructor
    Cosmic Destructor
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 842
    edited 23 May 2020, 8:15PM
    I figured out a few stuff. I'm currently just farming base 1 over and over lol. You can snipe off the Harvesters with Malcolm. You can also distract them with Kyle. While they're distracted use Nick or any high dps hero. Make sure Kyle is moving. Galen would be helpful. If you don't even have these heroes, you need to unlock them with Blood Thorium.

You should really just repeat base 1, get lots of eXP and then unlock Braden and other useful heroes, Mikey maybe.
    Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing left to learn but when there is nothing left to take away.
  • mark761
    mark761
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 727
    I figured out a few stuff. I'm currently just farming base 1 over and over lol. You can snipe off the Harvesters with Malcolm. You can also distract them with Kyle. While they're distracted use Nick or any high dps hero. Make sure Kyle is moving. Galen would be helpful. If you don't even have these heroes, you need to unlock them with Blood Thorium.

You should really just repeat base 1, get lots of eXP and then unlock Braden and other useful heroes, Mikey maybe.
    Too much like hard work for some players , then they moan that their heros are not strong enough and can't do other events . Not everyone has the same common sense as you as you know next time it will be a bit better 
  • I must've made over 50 mil xp by now, and I've done it all with just 5 heros.  I probably could have done just as well using only Leonard and Braden.