Something for Kixeye to think about..

London leader
London leader
Potential Threat
Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 35
Platoons in your base defence should be able to repair quicker as it only takes a hour to repair your base,
It can take over a day to repair the defending platoon and if you log on the next day you base can be open with no defending platoon.
Or make them so they automatically repair like your base so you dont have to log in to repair them. 
Sometimes I can't log on because im at work or might be on holiday...

• Maj.Tom
    Maj.Tom
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2019 Posts: 468
    Yes the defensive unique units are way to long of a repair time for them.They are good units and thats why they long repairs and high gold prices to repair them.Not happening with me anyways.Especially since i cant even get into the game now because of the loading issue.Oh well will take the day off i guess,this must be what they want.
  • mark761
    mark761
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 726
    Platoons in your base defence should be able to repair quicker as it only takes a hour to repair your base,
    It can take over a day to repair the defending platoon and if you log on the next day you base can be open with no defending platoon.
    Or make them so they automatically repair like your base so you dont have to log in to repair them. 

Well to make it fair then the attackers units lost should instant repair and no protection bubble as you fully repaired 
  • London leader
    London leader
    Potential Threat
    mark761 said:

Well to make it fair then the attackers units lost should instant repair and no protection bubble as you fully repaired 
    Or make it the same repair time as the pvp platoons..
  • Delphinus
    Delphinus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,309
    Base plat already has about a 50 - 60 % reduction on repair time btw...
  • Lord of Cinder
    Lord of Cinder
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2019 Posts: 298
    edited 22 May 2020, 10:24PM
    Delphinus said:
    Base plat already has about a 50 - 60 % reduction on repair time btw...
    The base plat time reduction was implemented about 2 years ago, and it was very noticeable 2 years ago.  But unit repair times have increased over the past years and now base plat repair time is back up there.   All of us have the buildings upgraded to reduce the base plat repair time, I'm sure that kixeye has accounted for this in their calculations.
  • Mark Aalyn
    Mark Aalyn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 288
    LMFAO, This topic should be raised more often, I have been attacked for over a week and my base defense platoon is still repairing, as a matter of fact they never fully repaired before I was attacked again and again. So my only solution is to leave my base completely empty of defensive units (except those in bunkers and towers). So to conclude, all defensive units are useless for PvP due to the extraordinarily large amount of repair time, they are only good for event defensive waves. Just my opinion 
  • Poe77
    Poe77
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 208

Repair times are always going to depend on what units you have defending, the main issue is getting them to auto repair with the base and making base toon a PVP toon (thats what it is) so it doesnt affect other repairs and gameplay can continue as normal. I was just attacked luckily before I logged off so got to start repair instantly, but now got to wait over 19 hours before I can repair my toons to play event unless I coin it (too much gold) so nothing to do for 19 hours and now gotta tackle wifes list of jobs THANKS KIXEYE lol.
  • London leader
    London leader
    Potential Threat
    Is there any point in having platoons in your base for defence?
    I have a screamer, Pegasus, outback and 5 devouts and that's 1 day and 10 hours repair time and only have 19 hours until the base is open again,
    Come on kixeye do something about this as its starting to put me off of playing this game again... 
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 5,801
    Is there any point in having platoons in your base for defence?
    I have a screamer, Pegasus, outback and 5 devouts and that's 1 day and 10 hours repair time and only have 19 hours until the base is open again,
    Come on kixeye do something about this as its starting to put me off of playing this game again... 
    could try replacing the screamer or pegasus with some standard AA units, might not be as efficient but will reduce the repair time since uniques drive repair time up rapidly.
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • Nucking
    Nucking
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2019 Posts: 21
    edited 26 May 2020, 5:21PM
    Maybe War Commander should change PvP to be more like Battle Pirates on base repair.  That change just happened in the last few weeks so we can hope it will make its way to War Commander.