WebGL Beta

CM Jackson
CM Jackson
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Apr 2020 Posts: 200
edited 23 Apr 2020, 9:39PM

Rebels,

WebGL Beta is coming soon! This post is going to detail what you should expect as we bring VEGA Conflict back to web browsers. 

Beta goes live on April 27th @ 9pm PDT. You will be able to access this from the KIXEYE website on a web browser, adding another option to the ways you already play the game. 

If you participate in the Beta, you may experience some bugs. Here is a list of known problems the game team is aware of and working on. If you encounter further problems beyond these, please submit a ticket to support explaining what you experienced and providing any screenshots or videos demonstrating it in action. You can contact support same as other platforms via your profile screen. 

Be sure to check our Help Center for additional information:

https://vegaconflict.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/

Known Issues:

Game will not load on 32-bit browsers - The minimum system requirement for WebGL is 64-bit browsers

Game may fail to load - When this happens, player will need to either clear their cache or load the game in an incognito window

If the game is minimized or in an inactive tab, fleets may not auto properly and graphics may load incorrectly

Game UI may not scale properly in fullscreen mode

If you encounter an issue that is not on this list, please contact support as mentioned before. Thank you for your patience, and we hope you all enjoy this additional avenue of play!

• ninjaloB1
    ninjaloB1
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 10
    i cant load game in kixeye webpage on crome browser

• TAKTuKA
    TAKTuKA
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 2
    It does not work stably! I used the Chrome browser and EDGE yesterday downloaded today does not work.
  • MITAO-BR
    MITAO-BR
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2018 Posts: 32
    I login to my email account at Kyx site, click on play and a new base is open. Just hope it not mess up my base.
  • ninjaloB1
    ninjaloB1
    Greenhorn
    MITAO-BR said:
    I login to my email account at Kyx site, click on play and a new base is open. Just hope it not mess up my base.

on new profile go to account linking and choose your account. if your account not on there then click out of it ac sent a ticket

• Frank Villiere
    Frank Villiere
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 2
    Just works fine with Firefox 64 Bit on Windows 10 using google login. Speed cloud be better. My System is an i7 with 16GB ram.
  • koshnaranek
    koshnaranek
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 25

Right is right even if no one is doing it.
    Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.
  • Dev Bou
    Dev Bou
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2018 Posts: 1

Need to get steam to work on Acer chromebook 11. Baught a laptop and can't play Vega properly.

• Real Swordfish
    Real Swordfish
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 330
    I do not know if the Linux that Google use in a Chromebook will run Vega in Steam, but if it does you will need to make some changes  try having a look at this
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/769192

Have you tried playing the game in the browser - 

• Real Swordfish
    Real Swordfish
    Skilled Warrior
    I have tried playing in a browser on a few things now, Windows 7 and 10 and Linux Mint.  Tried with Firefox, latest one and an old one and also Chrome.  Best reults were using Chrome in incognito mode,  works all the time wheras in ordinary Chrome I have to clear cache.  It is quite playabe in browser but not as good as Steam
  • The First White Wolf
    The First White Wolf
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 192
    I have tried playing in a browser on a few things now, Windows 7 and 10 and Linux Mint.  Tried with Firefox, latest one and an old one and also Chrome.  Best reults were using Chrome in incognito mode,  works all the time wheras in ordinary Chrome I have to clear cache.  It is quite playabe in browser but not as good as Steam
    I personally found browser unplayable, not gonna bother with it.
  • The First White Wolf
    The First White Wolf
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 192

Kixeye will ignore this.
  • Real Swordfish
    Real Swordfish
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 15 May 2020, 7:22PM
    I tested again the game in browsers,  and looked at resource comsuption on pc.  Lots of spikes, sometimes to 100% but more generaly at 30 - 35% of each of the 6 cores in the cpu.  Memeory in pc around 2 - 2.5 gb used......  that seemed like a lot to me. So checked via other devices and Steam - same story.  Game coding must be shot through with dead ends and old stuff....  good luck getting the game to work well in browser unless you have a pc with the resources,  some laptops may struggle and get a bit hot!

• ninjaloB1
    ninjaloB1
    Greenhorn
    game on web browser still not working. 
  • Premixed Bones
    Premixed Bones
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2020 Posts: 3
    edited 27 May 2020, 3:00PM
    Probably the most confusing part is what account to use to get to your base with the new webgl version. I started on facebook back in the days of the unity plug, and later linked it to both steam and google. Logging into kixeye.com with either facebook or google would start a new base on the new webgl version. I ended up getting to my base by re-linking google in the new webgl base, but I don't know why it wasn't just there already. I'm not sure if the same would have worked with the facebook login, but I guess I'll now just use my google login for kixeye.com instead of facebook. I guess I'm now a forum noob again :)
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,962
    Working fine for me. No lag, no anomalies or other strangeness. Im not running my browser (firefox) on a toaster though so its working fine even though i have over 160 tabs open.

I ran into a problem once with Web GL not loading. Was not solved by clearing cache. However just logging out and logging in again at Kixeye.com fixed the issue.

Soooo happy web is back! Now i can play Vega at the same time as i play other games again without it having to occupy my steam account.
  • Mateoski
    Mateoski
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 185
    I usually play on Steam, but occasionally I'll play on the browser. Not only does it run like ****, but I always have connection issues and always run out of memory. This is even more dysfunctional than the last time the game had browser support.
  • Frankv
    Frankv
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 895
    gotta admit the flash era was better when it came to browser support... i play on browser when im not at home. but farming? pvp? heck no... cant fly with the delay, and some clicks dont register properly. micro managing basically cannot be done.
  • X_Spartan_X
    X_Spartan_X
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 3

I tried playing in microsoft edge on my windows 10 laptop and it runs fine. My question is why when i try to run the game through edge on my Android phone it doesn't work?

• Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,962

I tried playing in microsoft edge on my windows 10 laptop and it runs fine. My question is why when i try to run the game through edge on my Android phone it doesn't work?

Does the Edge mobile client have the capacity to run WebGL? If not then thats why. There is a mobile app for android that you can use instead.
  • X_Spartan_X
    X_Spartan_X
    Greenhorn

Does the Edge mobile client have the capacity to run WebGL? If not then thats why. There is a mobile app for android that you can use instead.
    The Android version of Microsoft Edge supports both WebGL 1 and WebGL 2 at least according to various test websites. But when I try to login it doesn't do anything. It's just stays there.

Unfortunately I cannot use the mobile app as I have a Huawei P40 Pro and Vega Conflict cannot runs without Google services. Only if Kixeye brings the game officially to the Huawei App Gallery.
  • Frankv
    Frankv
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 895
    yesterday i logged in with 2 accounts simultaneously,
    my main on steam as usual.
    and my little alt on WebGL on firefox

i thought lets see how webGL holds out, went to the event sector and the results were horrendous. having them side by side looking at the comparisons:

1- GL game freezes every 15 sec for about 5 sec long
    2- GL game couldnt join in combat server 3/10 times on average
    3- the actual in battle also freezes a couple second but more inconsistent
    4- a delay on mouse input (about 1 whole second)
    5- my inventory and crafting couldnt open propperly due to all the images it had to load in and got frozen for about 30 seconds after opening either tab.
    6- beside the 1 second mouse delay input there is also the chance the game doesnt register my input at all... (especially when double clicking on a ship in fleet manager to remove it from the fleet)

overall web GL is not playable on forefox. chrome is a disaster too.
    at the moment nothing beats how smooth steam plays. and even in steam there are minor issues with connection
  • X_Spartan_X
    X_Spartan_X
    Greenhorn
    Frankv said:
    yesterday i logged in with 2 accounts simultaneously,
    my main on steam as usual.
    and my little alt on WebGL on firefox

i thought lets see how webGL holds out, went to the event sector and the results were horrendous. having them side by side looking at the comparisons:

1- GL game freezes every 15 sec for about 5 sec long
    2- GL game couldnt join in combat server 3/10 times on average
    3- the actual in battle also freezes a couple second but more inconsistent
    4- a delay on mouse input (about 1 whole second)
    5- my inventory and crafting couldnt open propperly due to all the images it had to load in and got frozen for about 30 seconds after opening either tab.
    6- beside the 1 second mouse delay input there is also the chance the game doesnt register my input at all... (especially when double clicking on a ship in fleet manager to remove it from the fleet)

overall web GL is not playable on forefox. chrome is a disaster too.
    at the moment nothing beats how smooth steam plays. and even in steam there are minor issues with connection
    WebGL is also bad in Microsoft Edge, Windows 10. I tried it and it's only good for auto battles. No way to navigate manually as there is so much lag it's completely unplayable at the moment. But for some auto farming it can be used.
  • Attila_ANC2
    Attila_ANC2
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1
    WebGL is also bad in Microsoft Edge, Windows 10. I tried it and it's only good for auto battles. No way to navigate manually as there is so much lag it's completely unplayable at the moment. But for some auto farming it can be used.
    I can say the same under Linux. It doesn't work normally with any browser.