Building Ships

DarkAlice
DarkAlice
Potential Threat
Joined Nov 2019 Posts: 72
Hey Game Developers get off your high horse and give us the option to build multiple ships instead of one by one because this is getting really stupid and insane.  FIX IT NOW!!!!!! 
  • Moon Pie
    Moon Pie
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 400
    edited 24 Feb 2020, 2:12PM
    Creating bottlenecks that only money can resolve is a time-honored design feature of online games, Alice. There's nothing to be fixed in that regard. Battle Pirates is intentionally designed to prey upon the typical human's lack of patience. But so are all online games. Otherwise, how would Kixeye employees pay their bills and feed themselves? If free and fast gameplay is what you seek, I'd suggest board games. 
  • Dopey_87
    Dopey_87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 233
    Putting the **** upgrades in the retro lab where they BELONG would help immensely
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 4,353
    Putting the **** upgrades in the retro lab where they BELONG would help immensely
    This. There is a building separate from the shipyard for upgrades just sitting idle now...
  • Game is Trash
    Game is Trash
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,220
    edited 24 Feb 2020, 5:42PM
    Build times aren't the issue,it's purely upgrades.Now when you factor in 2 month raid cycles the compounds that bottleneck  
    HANK
  • Moon Pie
    Moon Pie
    Skilled Warrior
    Build times aren't the issue,it's purely upgrades.Now when you factor in 2 month raid cycles the compounds that bottleneck  
    As I said, it's intentional and it's not going away.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,736
    DarkAlice said:
    Hey Game Developers get off your high horse and give us the option to build multiple ships instead of one by one because this is getting really stupid and insane.  FIX IT NOW!!!!!! 
    Well, guess I'll be voice of what this action would cause.

Build times to multiply by the number of ships allowed to build at once.

Meaning, if they allow us to build 5 ships at time, the build times would increase by 5.  So a 10 day ship would now be a 50 day ship. So, the 5 ships you are building at one will be done in 50 days.
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 4,353
    Laredo said:
    DarkAlice said:
    Well, guess I'll be voice of what this action would cause.

Build times to multiply by the number of ships allowed to build at once.

Meaning, if they allow us to build 5 ships at time, the build times would increase by 5.  So a 10 day ship would now be a 50 day ship. So, the 5 ships you are building at one will be done in 50 days.
    Maybe, but it'll never happen to see if Kix would go that far. They couldn't, though. No one would play with a 50 day wait for one empty hull. It'd never work. They could put the retrofit lab back to work and scrap the shipyard upgrade model, though. That seems to be the common consensus of what should be done...
  • Moon Pie
    Moon Pie
    Skilled Warrior
    I just wait until they offer the upgrades for sale and buy them. They're what, $39.95 or something? I just buy it, all the hulls in a particular fleet jump to U3, and I'm done with it. 
  • That guy What
    That guy What
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 231
    A queue would be nice! So long as the base has the resources the next one automatically starts when the last one finishes.   

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120% }

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 12“What”

"What" 

Formally
    of Sector 165

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120% }