FPS

dave.sage.73
dave.sage.73
Minor Nuisance
Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 147
How do I view the FPS monitor, thought it was under settings but can't seem to find it
  • DGraves
    DGraves
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 105
    In all the years I have been playing this game there hasn't ever been a FPS monitor. You can use Rivatuner
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,958
    The FPS counter and hardware acceleration options were removed a while ago because they were causing some intense lag issues for people. There was mention that it would one day return.
  • dave.sage.73
    dave.sage.73
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 147
    Thanks Templar

• tklawrence
    tklawrence
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 169
    The FPS counter and hardware acceleration options were removed a while ago because they were causing some intense lag issues for people. There was mention that it would one day return.
    It seems my FPS counter is still active and I no longer have a means to disable it since the option was removed from Settings.

Suggestions?

• Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,958
    edited 8 Feb 2020, 4:31AM
    It seems my FPS counter is still active and I no longer have a means to disable it since the option was removed from Settings.

Suggestions?

You can try submitting a ticket to see if support can enable/disable it for you? Other than that you are probably stuck with it in whatever state it is in.

The feature still exists, it just isn't something that players can get in and toggle currently.
  • Alexa the BAE
    Alexa the BAE
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 703

The FPS counter is something I never used and being this post was the most current related... 

It has suddenly appeared and one more element to further slow this game.
    Before I send a support ticket just to be told it's something I did.
    Any word on support and previous success in removing it?
    "a computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing"
  • GrandSlam
    GrandSlam
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 95
    If I look in settings and the "effects" tab and scroll right to the bottom, there's a "show FPS counter" option that can be turned on/off - don't you have this?
  • Blackknight452
    Blackknight452
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 265
    DGraves said:
    In all the years I have been playing this game there hasn't ever been a FPS monitor. You can use Rivatuner
    then you need to go to specsavers or clean ya glasses seeomg as theres a fps monitor right next to the comms box lmfao
    blackknight

• Paul Larkin
    Paul Larkin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 365
    The  On/Off switch for FPS was added back in game as the last line in 'Settings' under the "Effects" Tab
    - Not sure the update number, but it was the update that dropped on 9/9/2020.