Just not sure how much longer I'll be playing

john.woods.370
john.woods.370
Greenhorn
Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 6
I agree with a lot of the posts. FM prices are ridicules. I like the game, but I don't have hours each day to play it. Hulls for raids come out a couple weeks before raids. Even with tokens it will take over a month to build fleet to just have it obsolete a month later. I really do like the game, but all they want you to do is coin, which I do, but Im not spending $100's a year. Most of my friends stopped playing. Might be time to hang up my captains hat.....
  • squeak.lewis
    squeak.lewis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 164
    I opened the back door to my base and said the heck with it too not whining just saying and check back here to see if they care by changing the rules but not yet so its a stand off...
  • sir sinks alot
    sir sinks alot
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 610
    i feel your pain to be honest ...I really only take part in Bounty now myself ..At least the Conqueror hulls have a bit of longevity ..They need to realise not everyone has the time to take part in every raid and event and once you fall behind its a real struggle to get back on track ...They need to add fresh tech and hulls to the weekly and stop all the Campaigns from being hull specific ..if you don't have the hull how can you do it .Mega Campaigns are worse for that you cant use your mega to win mega tech ...dooh ..... :D
  • DarkAlice
    DarkAlice
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2019 Posts: 72
    Yeah I understand between the lousy point system in the raid events to the insane FM system it is no wonder people are ready to hang up their captain's hat I have only been for 3 months after returning from being gone for 5 years and I am not impressed on the direction this game is going after a 5 year period.  So yeah I am considering on quitting as well permanently and my base can sit and rot .
  • dave.ante.3
    dave.ante.3
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 133
    been playing since black water and it has alyays been a chase the moving target both tech and points i quit coning a few yrs back as could never stay in leading edge so now just play with what i got maybe a hour a week not like i did years ago woukld play all weekend nonstop get $5 coin good to go . it just keeps on getting more...……….  money   .  players not required to think plan execute  just pay money or wait days weeks months for something to get done so it is obs when finished  .  not a fun game anymore hasnt been for quit a while
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,286
    i feel your pain to be honest ...I really only take part in Bounty now myself ..At least the Conqueror hulls have a bit of longevity ..They need to realise not everyone has the time to take part in every raid and event and once you fall behind its a real struggle to get back on track ...They need to add fresh tech and hulls to the weekly and stop all the Campaigns from being hull specific ..if you don't have the hull how can you do it .Mega Campaigns are worse for that you cant use your mega to win mega tech ...dooh ..... :D
    In some ways the mega campaigns are better when they don't need a megahull for the ones that don't have a fully built and upgraded megahull. that way they can get the decent tech to build one and not waste time having to load it up with all cannons and morts so they can try and win a better weapon to then have to replace what they just built. { get the tech, built it right the first time}
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    I agree with a lot of the posts. FM prices are ridicules. I like the game, but I don't have hours each day to play it. Hulls for raids come out a couple weeks before raids. Even with tokens it will take over a month to build fleet to just have it obsolete a month later. I really do like the game, but all they want you to do is coin, which I do, but Im not spending $100's a year. Most of my friends stopped playing. Might be time to hang up my captains hat.....
    I think most players would be happy to coin if spending $5-10 a month got them something for their money. Catch is it gets stuff all. So there is no point in spending anything. Players shouldn't have to spend $100s a year but unfortunately thats how their coining system is structured. There is no incentive for a non coiner to start coining when you would need to spend $100+ to get anything worthwhile otherwise why bother. Look at the raid. One of kixeye's "deals" $35.00 for a fleet (that can't even do the raid). no wonder players don't want to coin. Not at those prices.
  • DJJeckel65
    DJJeckel65
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 454
    so what is battle pirates gonna do now??
    If you looking for info that the big coiners don't want to share, check out DJJeckel65 on you tube.  I do try to help as much as I can. Been playing since Beta . 
  • dan.ciammaichella.9
    dan.ciammaichella.9
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 110
    not a thing will change, they really don't listen to any of the comments.....most that do support the game still have the coin time and/or are staff..... 
  • kixeyeuser_1422032690290_100006717880976
    kixeyeuser_1422032690290_100006717880976
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 87
    not a thing will change, they really don't listen to any of the comments.....most that do support the game still have the coin time and/or are staff..... 
    where do i get that job lol

• Moon Pie
    Moon Pie
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 400
    Nothing will change because actual Kixeye employees never read this stuff. It's Zendesk employees. 
  • kixeyeuser_1422032690290_100006717880976
    kixeyeuser_1422032690290_100006717880976
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 87
    Moon Pie said:
    Nothing will change because actual Kixeye employees never read this stuff. It's Zendesk employees. 
    then where i get that job lol

• kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 445
    There's a lot not right with this game now, I'll admit, but complaining about the FM is the least of it by a long way

Any average or even poorly built (not upgraded) Praetorian fleet can do the new 139's pretty easily to make that 110 million target look well within reach.
    Too many people are trying to do it the safe way hitting the easy 120's for free repair and obviously that's a grind and the wrong strategy.

I'm not wasting my precious time hitting endless 120/121's when hitting the bigger targets is obviously better and more rewarding points wise
    Get up in the morning, hit a big target (or two) go to work/ go about your day, repeat just before bedtime - 110 million in a few days and hours saved not hitting that endless stream of 120's

Doesn't even have to be the 139's, the 127's are a good place to start at 5 million a go - and much easier of course. It's also a pretty quick target. I can do 2, possibly 3 while you're doing one of your safe easy 120's and 25 million, 55 million, 70 million and even the 110 become insignificant

110 million is getting on for nearly 200 120's  I certainly haven't got the patience or time for that and would quit immediately if that was the only option

Luckily it isn't and I can't understand why people are still trying to get big points hitting tiny easy targets, when their fleets can do bigger ones easily
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    There's a lot not right with this game now, I'll admit, but complaining about the FM is the least of it by a long way

Any average or even poorly built (not upgraded) Praetorian fleet can do the new 139's pretty easily to make that 110 million target look well within reach.
    Too many people are trying to do it the safe way hitting the easy 120's for free repair and obviously that's a grind and the wrong strategy.

I'm not wasting my precious time hitting endless 120/121's when hitting the bigger targets is obviously better and more rewarding points wise
    Get up in the morning, hit a big target (or two) go to work/ go about your day, repeat just before bedtime - 110 million in a few days and hours saved not hitting that endless stream of 120's

Doesn't even have to be the 139's, the 127's are a good place to start at 5 million a go - and much easier of course. It's also a pretty quick target. I can do 2, possibly 3 while you're doing one of your safe easy 120's and 25 million, 55 million, 70 million and even the 110 become insignificant

110 million is getting on for nearly 200 120's  I certainly haven't got the patience or time for that and would quit immediately if that was the only option

Luckily it isn't and I can't understand why people are still trying to get big points hitting tiny easy targets, when their fleets can do bigger ones easily
    Its not much of a game when you log-on, hit a target for 5 minutes and log off for 3 hours while your fleet repairs before you can hit another one. Also skill and strategy no longer has a part in damage reduction. Basically the game has become a BORING CHORE.
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,572

@kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133 said:

You don't understand that for many, this is a player's day, not everyone has has employment, so they kill time here to allow them to forget more painful aspects of their lives.

But you wouldn't understand that.

Your reasoning about quitting if you'd had to grind 110 mil on 120s is why Kix is doing that, to push out the free players.

Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king
  • Jim_BP
    Jim_BP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 568
    im feeling ya OP. been around along time, spent a scary amount of coin, but im finally done with raids, done with fm prize costs, done with endless limited blueprints, done with upgrades. just here for a chat with the alli nowdays
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,744

Its not much of a game when you log-on, hit a target for 5 minutes and log off for 3 hours while your fleet repairs before you can hit another one. Also skill and strategy no longer has a part in damage reduction. Basically the game has become a BORING CHORE.
    if at your level you can't play for five minutes and then several hours of repair than by this time amny lessons needed to play are lost.  If the game is a chore, than find a simpl egame that gives everything from the start and calls everyone a winner. Sory to be short but constant complaining over sily and all things is truly a chore for adults to read. Somewhere there has to be something positive or why play?
    ahava veshalom
  • James Leon
    James Leon

I think that people expect it to be easy and in realitry  the fm points needed to get th enew tech is high but not really that much of a challenge and after having all of the other prizes the same amount of time needed as before. The past couple of fms  we were getting eight twenty five million points a week, after we get enough to build we no longer need to play for them. For the people working onthe fleets to be able to do better in the fm, that is the game and how it has been done since day one, and will never stop.. Stop for a week, month and than say we need to catch up is wierd in my mind since everything we do in th egame is play in it,there is no such thing as catching up.
    ahava veshalom
  • James Leon
    James Leon

You don't understand that for many, this is a player's day, not everyone has has employment, so they kill time here to allow them to forget more painful aspects of their lives.

Your reasoning about quitting if you'd had to grind 110 mil on 120s is why Kix is doing that, to push out the free players.

the game has alway meant to be played fo rlong periods of time or coin used to play longer.  psending a few minutes a day autoing targets is not a grind. anyone who has played the game for several year and from the beginning knows the time it takes  and is considered part of playing the game. Maybe th enewer gamers are looking for something different, but that is not kix/still fault.
    ahava veshalom
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister

the game has alway meant to be played fo rlong periods of time or coin used to play longer.  psending a few minutes a day autoing targets is not a grind. anyone who has played the game for several year and from the beginning knows the time it takes  and is considered part of playing the game. Maybe th enewer gamers are looking for something different, but that is not kix/still fault.
    I honestly don't mind grinding for something that's worth actually grinding for. I've ground point in raids before with 2 hulls on B sets, when you could do that stuff, but no longer.

An engine, no matter how good it is, that can only be fitted to one class of hull, yeah... That puts me off. Plus all the other stuff I'm expected to grind for, as I've been away a fair while & to get all this new stuff, it's crazy, just to get "current" but that's not going to happen quickly.

Armours.

Limiteds

& then we've got, soon TBA, a whole bunch of other stuff to flood into the FM, & hopefully they start dropping upgrade kits for everything into it as well (they may as well lol)

TBH, I can't even bf splitting my Praet fleet into 5 to grind off points for overpriced crap, I'd rather gulp down huge amounts of res so I can waste it on walls.. So looking forward to OP12 so I can waste even more res doing just that :wink:
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    edited 17 Jan 2020, 5:17AM

I honestly don't mind grinding for something that's worth actually grinding for. I've ground point in raids before with 2 hulls on B sets, when you could do that stuff, but no longer.

An engine, no matter how good it is, that can only be fitted to one class of hull, yeah... That puts me off. Plus all the other stuff I'm expected to grind for, as I've been away a fair while & to get all this new stuff, it's crazy, just to get "current" but that's not going to happen quickly.

Armours.

Limiteds

& then we've got, soon TBA, a whole bunch of other stuff to flood into the FM, & hopefully they start dropping upgrade kits for everything into it as well (they may as well lol)

TBH, I can't even bf splitting my Praet fleet into 5 to grind off points for overpriced crap, I'd rather gulp down huge amounts of res so I can waste it on walls.. So looking forward to OP12 so I can waste even more res doing just that :wink:
    Just in case it helps a little. I  slow build raid fleets and  it usually takes a week after the raid before th efleet is finished. That gives me  time to upgrade or do little refits on my praet fleet. It is not instantaneous but every improvement helps and the praets are a long use fleet  so the time spent on them is helpful. But always leave a few days before theraid in case there is a bp that needs to be slipped on them before the important raid.  It does not decrease the points needed in the fm but getting th eprizes in the fm does not need to be a grind and only takes a few minutes a day to auto.
    ahava veshalom
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,891
    These complaints on this thread are the same ones I have seen in 8 1/2 years on this forum. The dates change the complaints dont-PERIOD. The ones that complain the loudest are the non-coiners. I have said this before and I will say it again, you get what you put into the game. It was NEVER meant as a "quick, cheap thrill game" not one you play for a few min and come back to every few days when you have time like Farm Heroes or a Slot Game. You ACTUALLY have to put in EFFORT to play this game well. Something a significant majority aren't willing to do. Maybe because of laziness, maybe impatient, maybe lack of time. Whatever the complaint. Many just don't look at things logically. It literally takes YEARS to become an established player. OR $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. If you don't want to spend money HERE and would rather go to the strip club and waste $100 in singles for a couple of hours-do that. You want to buy a case of beer for $20 and drink it in one night-do that. But you aren't going to get anywhere in this game in a few days, weeks or even months by complaining. Look I'm not 100% behind what Kixeye has done or is doing. But I at least understand the game and what it takes. I can tell by what some are saying here, this is the wrong game for them and they have the wrong idea. They have given free fleets, tokens, upgrades, armors, specials, free Christmas things, etc. It is NEVER enough for some of you guys. Even free coins would be complained about and have been when they gave some out-why do you think they don't give them out anymore. People cried and said they didn't give enough out when they gave everyone 100 Gold for Christmas-they cried for days. What would you expect.
  • DarkAlice
    DarkAlice
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2019 Posts: 72
    decides I got four fake accounts going and I would like to see if they can track them all down 
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,891
    DarkAlice said:
    decides I got four fake accounts going and I would like to see if they can track them all down 
    That literally, without a doubt makes no sense at all. You arent even moderately good at trolling.
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    edited 17 Jan 2020, 5:43AM

Armours.

Limiteds

Just in case it helps a little. I  slow build raid fleets and  it usually takes a week after the raid before th efleet is finished. That gives me  time to upgrade or do little refits on my praet fleet. It is not instantaneous but every improvement helps and the praets are a long use fleet  so the time spent on them is helpful. But always leave a few days before theraid in case there is a bp that needs to be slipped on them before the important raid.  It does not decrease the points needed in the fm but getting th eprizes in the fm does not need to be a grind and only takes a few minutes a day to auto.
    Must be really nice getting the next generation of hull for raids.
    How about next raid, you do it with Saturns, then tell us how easy it was building the next generation of raid fleet before the upcoming raid? oh wait, you won't get the next generation of raid fleet.

You also assume everyone can get upgrade kits like yourself, try stepping into other's shoes that can't? 

"only a few minutes a day to auto" what are you smoking, can I have some?

You assume everyone is on the same boat as yourself I've pointed this out to you before, but it doesn't sink in. You think EVERY player here even has a fully ranked fleet of Praets? Mine isn't, & long way to go for that, & they're not easy to rank. They're a LONG repair for very little rank.

Maybe you should stick a cork in it, you're not being very helpful, if anything, it's folks like you that are to blame for the game being in its current state. "Everything is easy" sure, IF you're up-to-date.
  • jschlueter1
    jschlueter1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 631
    I think most players would be happy to coin if spending $5-10 a month got them something for their money. Catch is it gets stuff all. So there is no point in spending anything. Players shouldn't have to spend $100s a year but unfortunately thats how their coining system is structured. There is no incentive for a non coiner to start coining when you would need to spend $100+ to get anything worthwhile otherwise why bother. Look at the raid. One of kixeye's "deals" $35.00 for a fleet (that can't even do the raid). no wonder players don't want to coin. Not at those prices.
    Your point about how much you have to coin is wrong. I coin, but not very much - certainly not to the level you state is necessary. I like to think I'm smart about my coining, and only coin when there's value to it. I mostly buy gold, but only when there's a sale, and only the ones under $10. I sometimes buy LTOs, but only the cheaper ones. I think the most expensive one I've gotten was like $20. If you plan your builds carefully, use tokens wisely, and take advantage of a few LTOs, you'd be surprised at what you can do for a little bit. So now I expect to be trolled for this. I hope not, because I'm being honest about it. I know the popular belief is that you have to spend a gazillion dollars to get anywhere, but that's just not so. I'm not saying there aren't those out there who do spend like crazy, but you don't have to.
  • jschlueter1
    jschlueter1
    Strike-force Captain

Armours.

Limiteds

How about next raid, you do it with Saturns, then tell us how easy it was building the next generation of raid fleet before the upcoming raid? oh wait, you won't get the next generation of raid fleet.

You also assume everyone can get upgrade kits like yourself, try stepping into other's shoes that can't? 

You assume everyone is on the same boat as yourself I've pointed this out to you before, but it doesn't sink in. You think EVERY player here even has a fully ranked fleet of Praets? Mine isn't, & long way to go for that, & they're not easy to rank. They're a LONG repair for very little rank.

Maybe you should stick a cork in it, you're not being very helpful, if anything, it's folks like you that are to blame for the game being in its current state. "Everything is easy" sure, IF you're up-to-date.
    Then there are folks like you who do nothing but complain about ev. ry. thing. and whine about how hard it is all. the. time. You blame everything and everyone else for your inability to get anywhere. You never get ahead because you're so busy whining that you don't stop two seconds to listen to any advice. Someone tries to help and all you do is point fingers, call names, and cry, "Not everyone can________."  You rant on with, "Must be nice..." and "You assume..." and "Why don't you try..." If you think you can't, you won't. Everything may not be easy, but everything also isn't as hard as you make it out to be. Go ahead - troll away.
  • jschlueter1
    jschlueter1
    Strike-force Captain
    These complaints on this thread are the same ones I have seen in 8 1/2 years on this forum. The dates change the complaints dont-PERIOD. The ones that complain the loudest are the non-coiners. I have said this before and I will say it again, you get what you put into the game. It was NEVER meant as a "quick, cheap thrill game" not one you play for a few min and come back to every few days when you have time like Farm Heroes or a Slot Game. You ACTUALLY have to put in EFFORT to play this game well. Something a significant majority aren't willing to do. Maybe because of laziness, maybe impatient, maybe lack of time. Whatever the complaint. Many just don't look at things logically. It literally takes YEARS to become an established player. OR $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. If you don't want to spend money HERE and would rather go to the strip club and waste $100 in singles for a couple of hours-do that. You want to buy a case of beer for $20 and drink it in one night-do that. But you aren't going to get anywhere in this game in a few days, weeks or even months by complaining. Look I'm not 100% behind what Kixeye has done or is doing. But I at least understand the game and what it takes. I can tell by what some are saying here, this is the wrong game for them and they have the wrong idea. They have given free fleets, tokens, upgrades, armors, specials, free Christmas things, etc. It is NEVER enough for some of you guys. Even free coins would be complained about and have been when they gave some out-why do you think they don't give them out anymore. People cried and said they didn't give enough out when they gave everyone 100 Gold for Christmas-they cried for days. What would you expect.
    You win the forums for tonight. I couldn't agree more.
  • FFRODO
    FFRODO
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 165

What is gaming disorder?

Gaming disorder is defined in the 11th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11) as a pattern of gaming behavior (“digital-gaming” or “video-gaming”) characterized by impaired control over gaming, increasing priority given to gaming over other activities to the extent that gaming takes precedence over other interests and daily activities, and continuation or escalation of gaming despite the occurrence of negative consequences.

"I used to like this game....I dont any more...but I cant/wont leave."  

The World Health Organisation considers that a disease.

https://www.who.int/features/qa/gaming-disorder/en/

• Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister

Armours.

Limiteds

Then there are folks like you who do nothing but complain about ev. ry. thing. and whine about how hard it is all. the. time. You blame everything and everyone else for your inability to get anywhere. You never get ahead because you're so busy whining that you don't stop two seconds to listen to any advice. Someone tries to help and all you do is point fingers, call names, and cry, "Not everyone can________."  You rant on with, "Must be nice..." and "You assume..." and "Why don't you try..." If you think you can't, you won't. Everything may not be easy, but everything also isn't as hard as you make it out to be. Go ahead - troll away.
    Fine--I made a post about something, & our CM says to aim for the Riot..
    Sure, on C sets. NOT HAPPENING...!

You don't get it either, obviously. 
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2,496
    To those of you who provided constructive feedback, thank you. Otherwise, closing thread as much of this discussing has become argumentative. 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.