New FM Tier 5 Prizes

joe crossland
joe crossland
Incursion Leader
Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,462
edited 15 Jan 2020, 11:53PM
Ok even I have to admit that cost for new prizes in the fm are getting rediculous reef rider engine is 110k warfare battery is 55k and you can get 2 that's 220k almost a quarter mil in points just for those alone. That's not counting the chests for tokens or any armors or specials that you might still need. That's just crazy. 
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,461
    Correction needed

110 million for the Reef Rider (vs K)

55 million for the limited battery (again, vs K)

But you're right, it's a 'tad' over the top 
    Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king
  • D'Steel
    D'Steel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 204

new FM Prize jacked up since T8 limited armor. We all been complaining about. Kix don't care, take it or leave it. Lol

• bryan.holtby
    bryan.holtby
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 126
    Im not surprised. Im more pissed about having to refit, upgrade (lets not forget the 10 day X1 upgrade that will take 50 days). Honestly, Im not sure this is the game for me anymore. I came back just over a year ago following a 2 year hiatus...not sure coming back was a good idea.
  • FiremanHawk
    FiremanHawk
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 838
    kix said this wouldnt happen when they switched the FM to this format and not look at where we are. just another lie from kixeye out of a long list of lies. 
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    Incursion Leader
    D'Steel said:

new FM Prize jacked up since T8 limited armor. We all been complaining about. Kix don't care, take it or leave it. Lol

And thats why they get away with all the crazy price hikes; players have the attitude of "just accept it".

And the comment "new FM Prize jacked up since T8 limited armor. We all been complaining about. Kix don't care, take it or leave it. Lol" is posted by a L50 account, very unlikely that they're actually playing, but just trolling

What y'all don't realize is your failure to push back on crap leads to more stuff being pulled. In maybe 6 months, you'll be needing 250 million points for limited stuff. 

Have you never heard the saying "Give an inch and they'll take a mile"?

Player base has only itself to blame on many fronts.
  • FoolishThumper
    FoolishThumper
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 40
    I took a 2 year hiatus as well. I came back just about the time they released the Praetorian and flagship. (Somewhere around 8 months ago?) Thanks to the suggestion of an alliance member, I made it my priority to get that fleet built, above all. Currently it is still U0 and only has 5 of the 6 armor slots being used. I was just now able to kill 6 of the new 139 targets, giving me 86 million points, and leaving me with roughly 12 hours repairs, which I will do overnight. I am by no means saying I think the drastic jump to 25 million points for one item is acceptable, but its definitely not impossible to achieve the points needed.
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    Incursion Leader
    I took a 2 year hiatus as well. I came back just about the time they released the Praetorian and flagship. (Somewhere around 8 months ago?) Thanks to the suggestion of an alliance member, I made it my priority to get that fleet built, above all. Currently it is still U0 and only has 5 of the 6 armor slots being used. I was just now able to kill 6 of the new 139 targets, giving me 86 million points, and leaving me with roughly 12 hours repairs, which I will do overnight. I am by no means saying I think the drastic jump to 25 million points for one item is acceptable, but its definitely not impossible to achieve the points needed.
    & wait until you also have Pillage to do later in the month.

The upgrading program for your Praets will interfere with any other upgrade program, or future raid fleet plan (unless you're getting upgrade tokens) & of course, you've spent how much time adding that armour to your fleet?
    Sure, it's doable, but not everyone wants to mess about creating the "perfect" FM fleet, & this stupid drive to get stuff that's overpriced. 40-70 million points for armour. 55 million for a limited special. 110 mil for an engine that fits to.. One class of hull? Wait until the next raid starts, & ANOTHER new engine is released...

The FM shouldn't be a grind unless you're lower level. How disheartening it must be to a player using, oh, I dunno, IBs on 111s, & seeing what's needed to hit the top level targets..
    Yes, I have a fleet of Praets, they're not armoured nor upgraded (I wouldn't even know where to get the kits for them, nor could I afford the kits, most likely) they're a so-so build, no, I don't believe they can do top-end without dying in spectacular fashion, & I see myself becoming very much the casual player--been invited to join a crew, but... I don't want to be a burden (preps for stuff) nor can I offer a crew anything either. & then of course it's the alli points turnover fun, & the only way I can get alli points is sinking cargo (sorry if gone off tangent)
  • InkopolisKnight
    InkopolisKnight
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 24
    edited 16 Jan 2020, 7:29AM

The upgrading program for your Praets will interfere with any other upgrade program, or future raid fleet plan (unless you're getting upgrade tokens) & of course, you've spent how much time adding that armour to your fleet?
    Sure, it's doable, but not everyone wants to mess about creating the "perfect" FM fleet, & this stupid drive to get stuff that's overpriced. 40-70 million points for armour. 55 million for a limited special. 110 mil for an engine that fits to.. One class of hull? Wait until the next raid starts, & ANOTHER new engine is released...

The FM shouldn't be a grind unless you're lower level. How disheartening it must be to a player using, oh, I dunno, IBs on 111s, & seeing what's needed to hit the top level targets..
    Yes, I have a fleet of Praets, they're not armoured nor upgraded (I wouldn't even know where to get the kits for them, nor could I afford the kits, most likely) they're a so-so build, no, I don't believe they can do top-end without dying in spectacular fashion, & I see myself becoming very much the casual player--been invited to join a crew, but... I don't want to be a burden (preps for stuff) nor can I offer a crew anything either. & then of course it's the alli points turnover fun, & the only way I can get alli points is sinking cargo (sorry if gone off tangent)
    last i checked you need pegs to get the upgrade kits for praets because its in camp designed around them or you buy them if there is another way then someone please speak up but till that happens if it does happen those are the only two that i am aware of...
    Devoted to the sentinels to rise
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    Incursion Leader
    last i checked you need pegs to get the upgrade kits for praets because its in camp designed around them or you buy them if there is another way then someone please speak up but till that happens if it does happen those are the only two that i am aware of...
    Ain't gunna happen either way lmao, but thanks for that :smile: 
  • Yabanut
    Yabanut
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 281
    well after the 1day Raging Riot tokens in raid at 1,950,000 or in old figures 19,500,000 (nobody would of accepted those costs 18 months ago), we all been watching New Hull/Weap/Special costs in raids which have stayed at 10.5m (105m), but its the lower prizes which have increased massively. I will get these New items with just a little more seat time, and no coin, it's the big coiner who fuel these prize costs, because they want them as soon as released, and less seat time. I am upgrading the Riots at the moment, so refits in a few days, no rush, we have 4 weeks to have riots ready for next raid. No wonder they took out the 1hr ship build token which was 120k in raids, then increased to 160k, then vanished from raids, the new cost would be 16k, but if was still there then probably 500k - 750k at todays prize costs. Kix said removing the extra Digit in FM would not see increases in these costs, but hey, they ignore players thoughts and force those who can't do FM, Raids, Events easily to coin or lose out on the New Items !
  • HOT-COFFEE
    HOT-COFFEE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 257
    most of these new prizes are just a conn 
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,462
    Ok even I have to admit that cost for new prizes in the fm are getting rediculous reef rider engine is 110k warfare battery is 55k and you can get 2 that's 220k almost a quarter mil in points just for those alone. That's not counting the chests for tokens or any armors or specials that you might still need. That's just crazy. 
    110 mil and 55 mil each for the warfare battery that we can only get 2 at a time of thats 220mil thats almost a quarter billion in points just for those.  and that is crazy. Sorry saw my original mistake
  • coolcat00
    coolcat00
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 127
    lets hope the Tier 9 Garrison Ship comes out within the next two months
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,707

It is not 2011 any more,lol.It is a lot of points but not too bad if caught up on the other stuff.
    ahava veshalom