glut sink subj ???

Bor Sigawi
Bor Sigawi
Potential Threat
Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 32
my subj fleet got sinked by a glut fleet using torpedo's, how is that possible ?? is that a hack ???

my subj deflection:
balistic 100195
penetratvie 96366
explosive 91695
corrosive 85624
concussive 72195
radioactive 88416

glut weapon possiblities:
1. best torpedo 2100 dmg
2. best dot damage torpedo 9000 max dmg

no matter how much u upg these numbers with critical dmg, supercharge, conussive/corrosive dmg there is no way to get from 2100/9000 to 72195 so is that a hack ???
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,524
    No, its not a hack.  Gluts have been sinking basers for months.  It's new way to snipe fleets since the big split.
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,572
    So, a few points.. 

OK, so, you're L35, obviously thought it would be a good idea to buy a Subjugator, unless you're an alt.

This is something Laredo has failed to take into account, & he offers NO explanation to you, just a rather simple statement of "this is how life is, buttercup" which is rather unprofessional.

However, I'll help you out a little...

1st of all, base weapon damage may be X but factor in specials etc. & flag hull bonuses. So, to help you more, let's look a little at the build I have, & no, it's probably not the best but..

You'll notice that the hull puts out far more that 2,100 damage per weapon slot? & the field offers bonuses, & also some debuff effects to your speed (not shown, but if you go to your Ship Designer mode in Shipyard, select the hull shown as though you were going to build it, you'd see stuff..

Don't assume that what you buy is infallible, because there are only too many folks out there happy to teach you a harsh lesson. (& if you're wondering why certain stats say why they are, it's for dive time, not CM reload bonuses)

As the famous Chinese general and philosopher Sun Tzu said "Know your enemy"....

Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king
  • Steggs
    Steggs
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 142
    Kix maths can be quite hard to work out and quite confusing

1. best torpedo 2100 dmg  but this is times +346% and additional Bonus All Damage +36% and another +50% - 9072

But your also not including the Zip X which bumps that up an extra +15% which is closer to 10017
    5 torp's = 50085
    5 ships = 250425

concussive 72195

250425 - 72195 = 178230damage asuming all torps hit the targets

basic armor on a subj is 12mil 
  • Bor Sigawi
    Bor Sigawi
    Potential Threat
    Laredo i was sink so i know it happens i m askin how is it posible with no hack ...
    Tywin ty for tryin to help but ur post just repeats what i said and i ll quote myself: "no matter how much u upg these numbers with critical dmg, supercharge, conussive/corrosive dmg there is no way to get from 2100/9000 to 72195 so is that a hack ???"
    your build for example show 5 torps so dividing the dmg in 5 gives 9366 dmg per projectile.
    how can 9366 dmg hurt a 72195 deflection ???
    even if u add aditional concusive dmg boosts u will never get there ... 72195/9366=7.7 u r missing 770% concussive dmg boost on a fully built hull...
  • Bor Sigawi
    Bor Sigawi
    Potential Threat
    Steggs u r missing 1 rule: deflection is per projectile !
    the projectile of your example has 10017 dmg and this dmg hits 72195 deflection and is fully blocked deeling ZERO dmg 
    it doesnt matter that 5 gluts fire 25 projectiles, each of these 25 projectiles is fully blocked 10017 against 72195. and zero times 25 is still zero.
    72195/10017=7.2 your build is missing 720% concussive dmg boost to pass the deflection ...
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    You know, if you keep barking up the wrong tree (the H word) this is going to get closed.

The simple fact of the matter is that for a few years now, hacks have been gone, & I'm not aware of any..

As Laredo said, Gluts have been sinking basers for ages, Steggs has pointed a better build than my own (I was mainly pointing out the buffs from the flag hull)  & if you really think something is wrong, send a ticket & let Fair Play sort it out, but honestly..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsyLBxY-Sik

• suck-ma-stump
    suck-ma-stump
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 352
    Laredo said:
    No, its not a hack.  Gluts have been sinking basers for months.  It's new way to snipe fleets since the big split.
    years old chap ...some of us never stopped using them :P 
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    Laredo said:
    years old chap ...some of us never stopped using them :P 
    PMSL...!
  • dyvim.slade
    dyvim.slade
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 2
    what many also fail to remember is that critical hits bypass deflection so where you say it is fully blocked is wrong it takes the full amount of damage + any modifiers for a crit hit
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,837
    what many also fail to remember is that critical hits bypass deflection so where you say it is fully blocked is wrong it takes the full amount of damage + any modifiers for a crit hit
    That is incorrect. There is no way to bypass deflection.

Critical hits typically do 2x the normal damage, which on something that is already breaking deflection ends up being a lot of extra damage. In some cases there are specials that allow the crits to do more than the standard 2x damage.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,837
    my subj fleet got sinked by a glut fleet using torpedo's, how is that possible ?? is that a hack ???

my subj deflection:
    balistic 100195
    penetratvie 96366
    explosive 91695
    corrosive 85624
    concussive 72195
    radioactive 88416

1. best torpedo 2100 dmg

no matter how much u upg these numbers with critical dmg, supercharge, conussive/corrosive dmg there is no way to get from 2100/9000 to 72195 so is that a hack ???
    It is rather easy to accomplish actually.

Nightmare torps are sitting at 2100 damage per projectile.
    Let's use +346% concussive damage buff from the build in this thread.
    That +346 does NOT include the buff from Resonance Capacitor, which is another +36%. It also does not include the 50% concussive damage boost that gets applied for each Phantom Gluttony and Gluttony in the fleet. 

Factoring that all together you end up with ~95,000 damage per projectile. And you can double it for crit hits.
  • kennethtancy
    kennethtancy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 261
    edited 15 Jan 2020, 2:20AM
    quite true... mine are at +506% concussive dmg before the +50% boost for each glut in the fleet and res cap +36%
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister

my subj deflection:
    balistic 100195
    penetratvie 96366
    explosive 91695
    corrosive 85624
    concussive 72195
    radioactive 88416

1. best torpedo 2100 dmg

It is rather easy to accomplish actually.

Nightmare torps are sitting at 2100 damage per projectile.
    Let's use +346% concussive damage buff from the build in this thread.
    That +346 does NOT include the buff from Resonance Capacitor, which is another +36%. It also does not include the 50% concussive damage boost that gets applied for each Phantom Gluttony and Gluttony in the fleet. 

Factoring that all together you end up with ~95,000 damage per projectile. And you can double it for crit hits.
    Hehe, my favourite Mod strikes again, simply because of his very detailed replies :smile:
  • davec415
    davec415
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,648
    then if there running a crew that gives 100% cuncussive damage then you got too add that into the equation
    Playing Since July 10 2011
  • Calcrisk77
    Calcrisk77
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 82
    It is hard to believe that if you go out and buy some subjugators that you the game doesn't enter into some God mode where you are invincible.... But Kixeye would get less coin from invincible fleets.
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    It is hard to believe that if you go out and buy some subjugators that you the game doesn't enter into some God mode where you are invincible.... But Kixeye would get less coin from invincible fleets.
    What's even funnier is the OP is L35..
    How many folks can he even HIT..?

Unless this is his alt account?