first raid in awhile ...

Makarovnik
Makarovnik
Minor Nuisance
Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 243
First raid in awhile that I haven't been able to make any traction on. Keep jacking up the damage in the lower targets, then pretty much you'll create a 2 class environment. The haves vs. the have nots. In this case of course I'm talking about coin generation capability. The solution will be simple, if you so choose, take fiscal control away from fb "coins" and start forcing people to buy Kixeye "doubloons" instead. Otherwise the game base will continue to dry up. I'm not whining, I plan to ride this horse till it drops. I fully expect this post to be deleted, moved, trolled to death, whatever. But I said my piece, once, anyway. Good luck everyone!
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,462
    Just out of curiousity from your little rant but why would kix create a special currency just for one game when the current coin system works so well and is already coded into the game and how would that keep the game base from drying up as you say ?? By the way the game has always has 2 classes the coiners and the non coiners or as you call them the have and have nots. Coining or not coining is a choice each person makes its not forced its not manditory no one twists your arm.If you choose not to coin you shouldnt expect to have the same things that the coiners have as easily.Remember its the coiners that keep the game free to play for the non coiners.Also kix is a business theyre in it to make money not hand out participation trophies.
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,461
    edited 15 Jan 2020, 12:55AM

@joe crossland said:
    Just out of curiousity from your little rant but why would kix create a special currency just for one game when the current coin system works so well and is already coded into the game and how would that keep the game base from drying up as you say ?? By the way the game has always has 2 classes the coiners and the non coiners or as you call them the have and have nots. Coining or not coining is a choice each person makes its not forced its not manditory no one twists your arm.If you choose not to coin you shouldnt expect to have the same things that the coiners have as easily.Remember its the coiners that keep the game free to play for the non coiners.Also kix is a business theyre in it to make money not hand out participation trophies.

So, Joe, try putting yourself in other people's shoes instead of your own for once?

In another post asking about Siege tech, Ghillie said I should be focusing on getting the Riot & associated tech. With Saturns, btw, because that's the best fleet I have.

Payout on the C sets was 20k, & after 4 days, 1.5 million points. Yet I still needed, by that stage, another 6 million points. & at that point I saw that it wasn't going to happen.

Are you going to tell me I should be coining repairs, or buying TLOs to get ahead? Do you have shares in Kixeye by chance? Do you think that we're all in the same economic boat?

Even the Silverfish & associated tech wasn't cheap, & oh, yeah, it all needed to be U3 to perform, so even if I'd pursued that path, I'd still have had a C-target fleet for the next cycle.

Don't assume that we all have access to the same tech as yourself or others, or the coin, because this will paint you in a very negative light.

It used to be you could grind C sets & still get top prize, but no longer. That, & the way the company is pushing folks to coin, coin, coin, will only lead to one thing, & you can draw your own conclusions, Fan Boi.

Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king
  • Samost
    Samost
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 78
    Never forget "Haves and have nots" is the American way!!!
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 983
    First raid in awhile that I haven't been able to make any traction on. Keep jacking up the damage in the lower targets, then pretty much you'll create a 2 class environment. The haves vs. the have nots. In this case of course I'm talking about coin generation capability. The solution will be simple, if you so choose, take fiscal control away from fb "coins" and start forcing people to buy Kixeye "doubloons" instead. Otherwise the game base will continue to dry up. I'm not whining, I plan to ride this horse till it drops. I fully expect this post to be deleted, moved, trolled to death, whatever. But I said my piece, once, anyway. Good luck everyone!
    Thanks for the feedback. I know there are a few things we can improve from this Raid - we want things to be fun, and we're evaluating how we can make some changes moving forward to help. Cheers. 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager