Dear Kix, some feedback on the current raid format

Jim_BP
Jim_BP
Skilled Warrior
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 568
Bit of background: ive played every raid for many many years and always hit top tier targets and got basically every prize. The last 2 raids are the first time ive just not bothered to play. The level of coin for fun has become phenomenal, mostly due to upgrades taking up so much shipyard time you just cant get builds out fast enough. 

We used to be able to build a fleet (80-100% complete) before a raid cycle started with tokens and a little extra coin if needed. then we had 3 raid where you could use that fleet in the top tier target, or if your fleet wasnt quite ready there was 2 subsequent tiers of targets for you, you could still use the new hulls you had been building.

Now you need to massively coin all 4 hulls plus a flagship, upgrade each hull through its U/X upgrades otherwise hitting the only available targets is essentially pointless. then you get 2 raids to play with them. if you do not get the whole fleet ready there is no lower tier targets for you to hit, hence no fun playing with your new toys. 

Kix you really need to remove the upgrades from the shipyard, move them to the retrofit lab and  make it (without extending upgrade duration) an upgrade for the blueprint NOT individual hulls. Then give us a 2nd or 3rd tier of targets to use our new hulls in. Im convinced its just lazy designing giving us 1 new top tier then throwing old raid targets from previous cycles in the mix. 

Im sure theres many moderate coiners like myself that would actually start spending again if there was something out there for us without breaking the bank to get a constant barrage of limited prizes.

• Samost
    Samost
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 86
    I agree- I spent a bunch of money to make sure I had a fleet that could compete - to no avail. A top level fleet ranked up to U3 should have been able to auto the top tier targets with just some minor damage, but if you didn't drive precisely the damage was horrendous. This has caused me to re-think my Kixeye purchases. Like many others I will wait until you put the required fleets on sale. 
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,572
    Samost said:
    I agree- I spent a bunch of money to make sure I had a fleet that could compete - to no avail. A top level fleet ranked up to U3 should have been able to auto the top tier targets with just some minor damage, but if you didn't drive precisely the damage was horrendous. This has caused me to re-think my Kixeye purchases. Like many others I will wait until you put the required fleets on sale. 
    It's slowly going to devolve into a game of "buy the fleet" vs build the fleet... Do the raid for "items" but not the actual hulls they offer.

& the player base will shrink more, I honestly have no idea how they think they're going to attract players to the game who are going to stick around, unless they've got manure in their head instead of braincells
    Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king
  • Jim_BP
    Jim_BP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 568
    Yeah i get that they want to lengthen the lifespan of older hulls by making them viable in the next cycle. However everyone wants to play with new toys not old ones, and if the cyles went a little longer the hulls would get a longer lifespan.

Currently cannot get a fleet fully built and upgraded by the time the final raid of the cycle is done. hell im still trying to upgrade pegasus while also trying to build riots

• carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,286
    Biggest problem with the raid is since it takes soo long to build and upgrade a fleet; all my raid points are being used on build and upgrade tokens to try and get my fleet finished instead of going towards things I actually need.
  • xx_Recon_xx
    xx_Recon_xx
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 8
    Agree's 100%. Don't forget the targets vs points ratio is off big time. What I mean by that is the targets take way to long to complete for the points offered. Then you have to do it all over again too many times to even get to a reasonable amount of points. Not worth it in my opinion.
  • dlaw001
    dlaw001
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 308
    I feel the pain......

I am having to grind - I wouldn't mind so much if the prices were a lot closer to the level of targets that I can hit - the 50's....

For me to get any useful tech/weapon/hull that I can use to advance is simply not in my field...millions (I will hopefully get close to 700k this raid)

There are not enough hours in the day for me to get what would really be useful and help my day to day playing....I hear players say focus on your FM fleet - which I have - I have prae's just building a complete set. 

I believe that these raids should have as the lower level targets or campaign raid targets that award points, because if you don't have the latest or greatest fleet how are you supposed to get better???

For example, using basic T6 hulls which can be used for base parts and uranium (not focussing on titanium as no need for it...yet) how can a player get hold of the batray (the other one that fires rockets), eradicators or the sub equivalents???? if not through raids, the same can be said for pillage (although there is the garrison targets which you can hit - however going off the last one, I could do one set and have to repair, which took the FM down a little as wasn't able to do that.....
  • Aussie_RBG
    Aussie_RBG
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 58
    edited 14 Jan 2020, 4:35AM
    I've also played every raid and been in the top 100 if not in the top ten global. This raid I can do the top tier target but found them boring and have only played 1 day then only a few hours each other day. Last Raid was probably the best in years, we were able to help other players and the Raid was enjoyable. This has to be the worse Raid and most un-enjoyable Raid in years. Hopefully you learn from everyone's comments

• Silver Stefaans
    Silver Stefaans
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 440
    Samost said:
    And right there you shoot yourself in the foot ( as do the others you mention.  ;)
  • Shinkick
    Shinkick
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 115
    upgrades was the biggest slap in the collective player faces.. Retrofit Lab is the soap and Kix has just slapped it out your hand in the shower.

Their greed is only a short term solution, get as much coin out of the whales as possible before it ends. Instead of a true business model getting smaller amounts but from far more people.
    [JUDAS] Remember its just a game, and a games only as good as the cold Beer afterwards.. and before.. and during.. 
  • BAD-NEWS-G7
    BAD-NEWS-G7
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 9
    i totaly agree that raid has lost the fun last cyrcles , and the reasons are many , the hull upgrades from U 1  to X, lvl the huge targets we hit, plus that points for set completed have been srinked a lot , we get for 2 S targets plus the x Target less points from what we was getting in the past for just the normal set, this have some multiple impacts to the players , the time you need to consume is way to much, and we forget the option of help alliance members as well, i would   spent some money extra for sure if targets bonus was back to what was before to help team members that dint had the time build a full fleet for raid , but now to give them just few points demants  huge time waist and coins also, all those upgrades on hulls are nothing more than a money **** from kix , they had to find a new way to milk the Cows rapidly, and as it seems it works fine for them, i see less and less players doing raid last months and that means a lot for the route the game has taken lets hope that they will see it as well
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,744
    Other issue is raid targets are slowly getting larger and larger, taking more time (and damage) to complete. This is not fun for targets you've got to hit again, and again, and again, and again.
    That is my complaint about the raids. The targets are to long to drive and wish that they were about half as long of a battle or could be done on auto.. By the time a couple sets arr done I am ready to leave the game and do something else. Wish th eraids were like bounty and we could just hit bases  for points.
    ahava veshalom
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,891
    On of the problems with people buying the TLO's is they don't do their homework FIRST. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY ONE-ask some veteran players their opinions!!!! It really is just that simple. Kixeye wants to make money, they arent going to hold your hand and discuss the purchase. There is no such thing as a dumb question if you really don't know the answers like that. Many good players out there that can answer these questions. Think about it the next time you are thinking of buying ANYTHING you have any doubts about.
  • Shinkick
    Shinkick
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 115
    Aaaaaar said:
    The restrictive class system combined with perhaps one tiny little error in your builds/missing piece of limited (grrrr) tech
    I was living over seas and stopped playing the game when class system was implemented, but restrictive is definitely the politest way I could think of to label it.
    Has been the death of the creativity of the game and lead to cookie cutter builds. I used to only take build advice from alliance members but now it all comes to following people on Youtube that have done the maths. 1 missing piece of limited and you're going to flounder. No upgrades and you're going to flounder.

If Kix put the option out to revert this game back to when Berzerker/Hellstrike were the top tear I would jump the hell on that. Retrofit lab was fun and exciting (changing the skin as well as strength of your hull over time[not individual ship the whole lot of them without taking build time/crooks]). You could hit any target with any ****.. god, who didn't have an instant repair SW fleet to throw in at a few remaining outlying ships or to pull a mob into place.
    Alliances could truly help each other and it was social and engaging.
    You still had to change your builds as reaver, draconian, forsaken fleets had to be engaged differently.
    A most of all, there were no Bulldanged Conq's designed just to be ridiculously big damage immune (too bases behind) tech to roll over a base and nothing else. You had to work cleaver siege builds into your top tier hulls, truly utilize counter measures and weight balance. (my top fleet was MCx which could only hold 3 in a fleet and I believe 3 missiles on each, took a lot of sub prep and timing to hit a base).

Down with the class system, bring back siege and assault weapon classes.
    Burn the Upgrade system to the ground.
    Bring back social play (ie prepping for alliance members where they can enter with any fleet, not have to have a top tier hull to kill the last building)

Rant over for now, see you again next month for basically the same rant

#MakeAllHullsGeneralistAgain
    [JUDAS] Remember its just a game, and a games only as good as the cold Beer afterwards.. and before.. and during.. 
  • piranha007
    piranha007
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 380
    Yup one of the worst raids ever , was so bad i decided to sit this 1 out haven't really played all that much now, way to much of a grind, and never got to build a full riot fleet without coining , so i did'nt coin , i played other games but not this one way to boring of a game now when you have to hurry up and coin that fleet for the next raid, just way to much , so nope no more coining , just going to casually play the so called game ( maybe)

• Philip_Marlowe
    Philip_Marlowe
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 281
    The original post and subsequent comments, I believe, accurately reflect the views of many players about the current state of the game.  There are some players who think that the forum is not to be used to provide feedback to Kixeye.  These players believe that the forum should only be used to provide feedback to other players about how to improve ship builds, base construction, driving paths in targets, etc.  

I believe the forum serves both purposes. 

Kixeye would be foolish not to use the feedback on the forum to improve the game.  As a business, their goal is to create a product that players are willing to spend money on.  To state the obvious, Battle Pirates is supposed to be a form of entertainment.  Kixeye would do well to provide a product that keeps players entertained.  The forum provides Kixeye with player feedback on whether they are succeeding or not.  The drop in player participation would be another obvious indicator - along with declining revenues.  The opposite is also, obviously, true - but,sadly, there does not appear to be an increase in the number of players being drawn to Battle Pirates - and longtime players are leaving the game.

The forum is also a great place for players to help one another - with ship builds, base construction, paths in driving targets, etc.  Player to player feedback has also been helpful in discussing the state of the game.  It's helpful to know that other players are having similar experiences with the current state of the game.  I appreciate knowing that my experience with Battle Pirates is similar to that of many other players.
  • captain_n3mo
    captain_n3mo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 356
    Jim_BP said:
    Bit of background: ive played every raid for many many years and always hit top tier targets and got basically every prize. The last 2 raids are the first time ive just not bothered to play. The level of coin for fun has become phenomenal, mostly due to upgrades taking up so much shipyard time you just cant get builds out fast enough. 

We used to be able to build a fleet (80-100% complete) before a raid cycle started with tokens and a little extra coin if needed. then we had 3 raid where you could use that fleet in the top tier target, or if your fleet wasnt quite ready there was 2 subsequent tiers of targets for you, you could still use the new hulls you had been building.

Now you need to massively coin all 4 hulls plus a flagship, upgrade each hull through its U/X upgrades otherwise hitting the only available targets is essentially pointless. then you get 2 raids to play with them. if you do not get the whole fleet ready there is no lower tier targets for you to hit, hence no fun playing with your new toys. 

Kix you really need to remove the upgrades from the shipyard, move them to the retrofit lab and  make it (without extending upgrade duration) an upgrade for the blueprint NOT individual hulls. Then give us a 2nd or 3rd tier of targets to use our new hulls in. Im convinced its just lazy designing giving us 1 new top tier then throwing old raid targets from previous cycles in the mix. 

Im sure theres many moderate coiners like myself that would actually start spending again if there was something out there for us without breaking the bank to get a constant barrage of limited prizes.

I agree with you 100 %, tho i've stopped coining much awhile back.