someone to explain mega ships to me?

romarid
romarid
Greenhorn
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 4
Hello everyone,

Since i'm nearly done with the requirements for the mega ship gantry, I am currently looking for information regarding the mega ships:

-What are they used/good for?
-How long does it take to build them?
-Can they be attacked by other players? If so, what ships can hit them?
-Is it worth it to build one?

I understand it's a lot of questions and no one wants to bother with that but please help me out on this one.

Sincerely,
A fellow pirate.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,895
    edited 11 Jan 2020, 11:50PM
    If you are in an alliance, they can be used for the King of the Nexus events. Recently it has just been something that runs during Bounty. Basically your alliance can link up to a golden nexus and receive bounty points periodically. Outside of that, they are only used for attacking other mega ships and doing campaigns to get new modules to put on the mega.

When they were first released it was 40 days. The time has come down significantly since then if I remember right. I think it is like 10 days? I am not positive on the build time.

Only a megaship can start a battle with another mega ship. After that, other Conqueror/Defender class ships from alliance members of one of the two megas can join in as a support fleet. Also, if you are linked to a nexus and have other alliance members linked to you forming a hive, if any of the nearby ones have drone modules and the drone bridge equipped their drones can spawn in to assist as well.

If you are a solo player there isn't much use for the mega ship itself, but it does unlock the ability to craft Conqueror VXP tokens. Basically it gives you the ability to trade 10k titanium and 6 hours for 5k Conqueror vxp that can be stored and used at any time. You can hold up to 99 of the tokens.

Hope this helps get you started. I am sure there may be a few more questions now.
  • romarid
    romarid
    Greenhorn
    If you are in an alliance, they can be used for the King of the Nexus events. Recently it has just been something that runs during Bounty. Basically your alliance can link up to a golden nexus and receive bounty points periodically. Outside of that, they are only used for attacking other mega ships and doing campaigns to get new modules to put on the mega.

When they were first released it was 40 days. The time has come down significantly since then if I remember right. I think it is like 10 days? I am not positive on the build time.

Only a megaship can start a battle with another mega ship. After that, other Conqueror/Defender class ships from alliance members of one of the two megas can join in as a support fleet. Also, if you are linked to a nexus and have other alliance members linked to you forming a hive, if any of the nearby ones have drone modules and the drone bridge equipped their drones can spawn in to assist as well.

If you are a solo player there isn't much use for the mega ship itself, but it does unlock the ability to craft Conqueror VXP tokens. Basically it gives you the ability to trade 10k titanium and 6 hours for 5k Conqueror vxp that can be stored and used at any time. You can hold up to 99 of the tokens.

Hope this helps get you started. I am sure there may be a few more questions now.
    Thanks for taking the time to answer me.

You said a mega ship can attack another. What for? Do we gain any resources or time reduction (like the R&D) from attacking others?

Do the mega ships use the same resources used for ship building (Energy, oil, metal, zynth, titanium) or is there other resources to create/extract (think i heard about alloys...)?
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,895
    Primarily if you are attacking another mega ship it is either to A) steal their resources so you can advance your mega ship or B) to kick them off of a nexus.

Mega ships use Titanium, Metal Alloy and Advanced Systems as resources. You can either craft the Metal Alloy and Advanced Systems similar to the VXP token I mentioned earlier, or you can attack another mega ship that has some resources and steal theirs. The titanium comes from the assault silo map targets.
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,572
    IIRC it's still 42 days to build a Mega, it was the Gantry itself that was shortened.
    Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king
  • thestonemonkey
    thestonemonkey
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 79
    romarid said:
    Hello everyone,

Since i'm nearly done with the requirements for the mega ship gantry, I am currently looking for information regarding the mega ships:

I understand it's a lot of questions and no one wants to bother with that but please help me out on this one.

Sincerely,
    A fellow pirate.
    Hi Buddy,

Here is a good Facebook group here that will help you a lot: https://www.facebook.com/groups/293745594306788/?hc_location=ufi

Original Kixeye promo video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynq2mJJJeI4

Only (sort of) how to build your Hyperion 'Megaship' video I could find is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNBFO3Qfiqo

It's a start anyway. ~TSM~
    Remember, you're only as good as the battle your about to have, the rest is simply pure history!
  • romarid
    romarid
    Greenhorn
    Thanks everyone for answering my questions.

Guess i'll get started on it as soon as i've got access to the gantry.