Build times

Nick Heath
Nick Heath
Strike-force Captain
Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 971
Time for my rant:-
We are on 2 months raid cycle, so 2 months after winning new raid hull, it is more or less obsolete.

Let us say 2 months is 60 days, and I am not using exact figures here because my shipyard is not free to check upgrade times. So all those wanting to troll, feel free, I know there is nothing wrong with my maths even though figures are approximate.

To build a fleet of riots with flag is a 68 day build time, (yes you can get tokens in FM etc, but it is still longer build time, than the fleet remains valid for.

Here is the kicker, to upgrade to X1, requires approximately 84 days, so we are at a stage, where to get a raid fleet ready, you have 152 days worth of building/upgrades to fit in to a time period of 60 days.

I won't say that is "stupid", but I struggle to think of any other way to describe it :(
Snoopy
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,462
    We are on 2 months raid cycle, so 2 months after winning new raid hull, it is more or less obsolete.

Let us say 2 months is 60 days, and I am not using exact figures here because my shipyard is not free to check upgrade times. So all those wanting to troll, feel free, I know there is nothing wrong with my maths even though figures are approximate.

To build a fleet of riots with flag is a 68 day build time, (yes you can get tokens in FM etc, but it is still longer build time, than the fleet remains valid for.

Here is the kicker, to upgrade to X1, requires approximately 84 days, so we are at a stage, where to get a raid fleet ready, you have 152 days worth of building/upgrades to fit in to a time period of 60 days.

I won't say that is "stupid", but I struggle to think of any other way to describe it :(
    Although i agree with you on build times and upgrade times i have to disagree with your time frame on them being obsolete.Even after this raid cycle they will be usefule in a few ways.One being they'll be useful in the mid tier targets of the first raid on the next cycle if you dont have a flt of the new ships for that cycle ready.Another place that theyll be viable for for a while are in the uranium map targets and the skirmish side of the ssrb's for less damage than youre currently taking with silverfish batrays or razortails not mention you can also use them in the daily scourge camp,and they dont even have to be upgraded to do better in those targets.
  • BANZAI09
    BANZAI09
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 214
    I dont do the upgrades from U1/2/3 or X,saves a lott of time sure its more damage(repair still free) then when its upgraded but still playeble and i find some sparetime in my dock to do some refitting on other ships but i agree with Nick: buildtimes and the upgrades are completly of and its showing in the raidparticipation too so someone needs to pull his head out of the shitpile and rethink how this can be turned for the better towards the players and kixeye!!!!   
  • steve.hughes.904
    steve.hughes.904
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2
    its all about the money for kixeye
  • sardonique13
    sardonique13
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 962

The build time would be a LOT quicker if you build the shell with 1 weapon first...and then REFIT all the rest of the weapons/specials/armor on it after the shell is done baking.  The "refit" takes much less time than straight build.  You got bonuses for "refit" thru R&D and thru upgrading a building (forgot which one).  So...try "refit" instead of straight build and your build time is cut almost in half.
    sardonique

ex-IKY, ex-DOA, ex-PNLS, never ex-ex.....

.....hey pirates....I'm back.  Buwahahahaha
  • Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 11 Jan 2020, 4:10PM

The build time would be a LOT quicker if you build the shell with 1 weapon first...and then REFIT all the rest of the weapons/specials/armor on it after the shell is done baking.  The "refit" takes much less time than straight build.  You got bonuses for "refit" thru R&D and thru upgrading a building (forgot which one).  So...try "refit" instead of straight build and your build time is cut almost in half.
    I always build bare hull and thud (unless it makes it easier for me to fit other weapon for build to finish when I am awake)

As I said these figures were approximate, and it certainly will not cut build time in half by using refits.......at present we have build/refits/upgrades  that take 3 times longer than we have available before final raid of that sequence, maybe if you let sink in?

Because if you want a fleet ready for the first raid.........well :(

Snoopy
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,462

I always build bare hull and thud (unless it makes it easier for me to fit other weapon for build to finish when I am awake)

As I said these figures were approximate, and it certainly will not cut build time in half by using refits.......at present we have build/refits/upgrades  that take 3 times longer than we have available before final raid of that sequence, maybe if you let sink in?

umless you coin youre not going to even have a full flt completely built and ranked by first raid and thats without the upgrades or anything else.It has almost always been like that its not something new or recent.Even when we had 3 and yes 4 raid cycles it was still that way 
  • sardonique13
    sardonique13
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 962

Total build time using refit method for Riots is 8days 12hours per hull.  For 4 of them + Flag, it is approximately 42~43 days.....NOT 68days.  And then we have 3 weeks of FM per month which yields (minimum) 6 days of build tokens per FM = 18 days of build tokens....PLUS we have had 2 TLCs for Riot build tokens and 1 TLC for Riot Upgrade tokens.
    sardonique

ex-IKY, ex-DOA, ex-PNLS, never ex-ex.....

.....hey pirates....I'm back.  Buwahahahaha
  • PiratePeteX
    PiratePeteX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 169

umless you coin youre not going to even have a full flt completely built and ranked by first raid and thats without the upgrades or anything else.It has almost always been like that its not something new or recent.Even when we had 3 and yes 4 raid cycles it was still that way 
    Not true, in the 3/4 raid cycle I tended not to have the raid fleet ready for the first raid, but it was usually ready for the 2nd, results of which allowed me to refit for the 3rd.
    Even if the raid fleet wasn't completely ready, there were lower level targets that were easy enough to do with even the worse designed ships, providing good experience for tackling the higher level targets.

Among those build and refits, I also had time to build extra hulls and refit existing ones. That doesn't exist now. By third raid I could even do preps for other players and still be comfortable on points.

Now there's upgrades to fit in somewhere, along with constant refits (like FM fleet, oh, plus upgrades for them too!) it's tiring, and there's no sense of achievement or fun.
  • Philip_Marlowe
    Philip_Marlowe
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 198
    edited 11 Jan 2020, 6:52PM

The point that you making, in my opinion, is not a rant.  It is the reality of the changes made by Kixeye that determine whether a player/customer can compete in Raid top tier targets. 

To win top prizes to build next Raid fleet depends upon the ability to compete in Raid top tier targets - in other words, to earn to points necessary to win the top prizes requires that you have the best Raid fleet to compete in top tier targets, given the prices set by Kixeye for the prizes. 

You've done the math, Nick Health.  To compete in the Raid - hitting top tier targets - with the best Raid fleet (fully built and upgraded) - requires coining.  That is the reality. 

There are shortcuts - and players, thankfully, will respectfully share them - but a fully built and upgraded Raid fleet requires coining.  That is Kixeye.  It's a business. 

The Raid, in my opinion, is the highlight of Battle Pirates.  Kixeye has made these changes to the Raid in an effort to increase profits.  Maybe that's working for Kixeye.  I don't know how, though, when so many players/customers are leaving the game because of these changes.
  • squeak.lewis
    squeak.lewis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 156
    Its not about the game its about the MONEY!!!!!!!!! if u do not coin they say GO HOME TO FARMVILLE...
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,461
    Who recalls being able to grind B sets with an incomplete fleet of top tech? (A beautiful example was the Buccaneer raid series, which was really well thought out, I thought)

Sure, you can still do it, but there's a hit-down penalty applied now, as folks would prefer to use a FULL fleet & grind to avoid repairs.

& of course you can't do top targets with an incomplete fleet.. & if you're also in catch-up mode, OR trying to build the next generation of FM, that's going to bite into raid fleet production (how many struggled balancing Praetorian production with raid fleets?)
    Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 5,984

And what about all the players that cannot get their R&D to lvl 30 for the refit bonus? Some have run into a bit of a roadblock where the targets they need to hit for R&D are no longer AVAILABLE. And the refit bonus does NOT almost cut your build time in half.
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,461

And what about all the players that cannot get their R&D to lvl 30 for the refit bonus? Some have run into a bit of a roadblock where the targets they need to hit for R&D are no longer AVAILABLE. And the refit bonus does NOT almost cut your build time in half.
    So, I don't have an FB officer to get the 10% bonus, as that feature is broken now (I tried it last year, no avail) I'm sure that's basically a correction to the fact many just created alts & spammed invites to them in order to get those bonuses--I seriously cannot believe that folks have x amount of friends who legitimately took up an invite to play the game as often as the invitee plays, unless they just played for 2 minutes to do their friend that favour.
    So, in light of that, he's right, if you HAD an officer, it would be close... BUT you also need a bunch of buildings fully upgraded, & you can see this reflected in my Bonuses, & yes, I have R&D 30 done.

Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 12 Jan 2020, 11:53PM

So, I don't have an FB officer to get the 10% bonus, as that feature is broken now (I tried it last year, no avail) I'm sure that's basically a correction to the fact many just created alts & spammed invites to them in order to get those bonuses--I seriously cannot believe that folks have x amount of friends who legitimately took up an invite to play the game as often as the invitee plays, unless they just played for 2 minutes to do their friend that favour.
    So, in light of that, he's right, if you HAD an officer, it would be close... BUT you also need a bunch of buildings fully upgraded, & you can see this reflected in my Bonuses, & yes, I have R&D 30 done.

Forgot about the officers. That makes it even worse. Thats the thing; for long term players that Have R&D 30 AND got the officers AND have the necessary labs done for the 30% reductions then there is some reduction in shipbuild time; but for those that DON'T HAVE them, its no wonder they are complaining about the build times.
    I have all the perks and still think the build and upgrade times are crazy long.

how can players expect realistic build, repair, upgrade times when players keep telling Kixeye that the long times are acceptable?
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,385

Forgot about the officers. That makes it even worse. Thats the thing; for long term players that Have R&D 30 AND got the officers AND have the necessary labs done for the 30% reductions then there is some reduction in shipbuild time; but for those that DON'T HAVE them, its no wonder they are complaining about the build times.
    I have all the perks and still think the build and upgrade times are crazy long.

how can players expect realistic build, repair, upgrade times when players keep telling Kixeye that the long times are acceptable?
    i was watching your post carl. do you think that we are hitting the same old problems when the power balance got out of whack. it appears that there are problems with this idea(how we should play) from kix but what is the answer. the common ground i think is reachable, but how do we get there from now. we know it is impossible to please everyone. how do we get to acceptable. it seems like mission impossible tbh mate. i think we are seeing the same power creep in the tier method, the problem we have is time. i do not know how that can be addressed because kix did not reduce build times. all they did was re-define it by adding upgrades. so nothing is different. yet they claim to listen...but only when it makes the money dropping noise.
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Strike-force Captain

Total build time using refit method for Riots is 8days 12hours per hull.  For 4 of them + Flag, it is approximately 42~43 days.....NOT 68days.  And then we have 3 weeks of FM per month which yields (minimum) 6 days of build tokens per FM = 18 days of build tokens....PLUS we have had 2 TLCs for Riot build tokens and 1 TLC for Riot Upgrade tokens.
    depends on your build I guess
    Snoopy
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 983

Thanks for the feedback, Snoopy. 

I'll post here what I've posted elsewhere: The X1 upgrade is the experimental top end of what a hull is capable of. We tune our targets to U0, with the same targets before X1 existed. It’s a nice-to-have, not a need-to-have, and we don't tune to it. It’s just a great option for the folks who want it.  And the team is working on addressing the concerns we've heard this Raid and overall.  
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Strike-force Captain

Thanks for the feedback, Snoopy. 

I'll post here what I've posted elsewhere: The X1 upgrade is the experimental top end of what a hull is capable of. We tune our targets to U0, with the same targets before X1 existed. It’s a nice-to-have, not a need-to-have, and we don't tune to it. It’s just a great option for the folks who want it.  And the team is working on addressing the concerns we've heard this Raid and overall.  
    it does however make a difference, quite a big difference, I know because i have one

Snoopy
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    And now there is tech for the riot in the coming FM so they will need refitting. It would be nice if I could finish BUILDING them BEFORE having to refit them.
  • ralf.saunameister
    ralf.saunameister
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 62
    with u0-upgrade the raidfleet is completly useless in toptier-target, even when fully built and ranked.
    even in u2-upgrade its still a joke

i dont start about exact building days, but in general its correct: to have a performing fleet ready for the raid, you are obliged to coin, and then i mean heavy coin

the biggest lie ever from kix was that they said 'hey, we'll reduce ship build times' - because in the same moment they introduced the 'upgrades' and made ungraded ships factually worthless dinghis - now you have to get kits (which you still cant check in the token-inventory) and add. upgradetokens
    and the build time for a fully ranked, topgraded & fully fit fleet nowadays i would estimate has in fact roughly doubled