OFFICIAL HTML5 BETA LAUNCH THREAD

CM_Ghillie
CM_Ghillie
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2,496
edited 16 Jan 2020, 11:08PM

NOTE: Please CLICK HERE to read a list of current fixes and known issues before posting. Thank you for your participation in HTML5 Beta!

Welcome to the HTML5 Beta Launch! 

Pirates 

Whether you’re here to learn more, or find out how you can help build the future of Battle Pirates, we want to start by offering a huge “thank you” for all your help and support thus far. The entire Battle Pirates team is incredibly excited to see our work and investment support the long-term success of this game. 

The HTML5 Beta Launch goes live with the 10.03 Update on January 14th at 7PM PST.

ABOUT THE SOFT LAUNCH

We know that there will still be plenty of kinks to iron out during this Beta Launch. That’s to be expected. While participation isn’t mandatory, the more pirates who join the HTML5 Beta Launch, the faster we will work through any issues that arise. By the time HTML5 Launches in full, we will all experience greater stability and performance. 

It bears repeating: If you do decide to participate in the Beta Launch… thank you. You’ll be helping to build the future of Battle Pirates.  

OPTING IN

To opt-in to the HTML5 Beta Launch, all you have to do is click the “Enable HTML5 Player” button at the top of the game. You can also opt-out at any time during the Beta stage and return to using the Flash version easily by clicking the “Enable Flash Player” button at the top of the game. 

You’ll have the same account, same base, same fleets, same ID. Just a different technology running the game in your browser. 

REPORTING A BUG

If you notice a bug while participating in the HTML5 Beta release, it is critical that you submit a ticket to Battle Pirates support. 

Please be sure to include:

• Screenshots and/or video

• Written steps as to how you encountered the bug so our team can easily reproduce the issue

• Your User ID, and the User IDs of any other player(s) involved 

• Your browser and what version number it is

• The platform you are playing on

FAQs

What is a "Beta"?

“Beta” is a game industry term for any software still under development that is made available during its life cycle. Participants in the Beta are there to test, examine, and report any problems. Beta Testing allows developers and engineers to find problems and fix them prior to a full release.

Do I have to start using HTML5 now? 

Participation in the HTML5 Beta release is not mandatory, but we would love for you to participate. If you choose to participate, you can do so using the button to the left and above the game. You can turn off HTML5 and resume playing on Flash at any time. 

When HTML5 officially launches following the Beta release, Flash will no longer be available. 

What platforms will support the Beta Launch? 

The Beta Test will be available on all platforms. 

When is HTML5 officially launching? 

We will have a better idea of this as HTML5 Beta progresses, but our goal is to make HTML5 ready and available for full use within 2-4 weeks of the Beta Launch. 

Have the system requirements changed? 

No! System requirements remain the same, although we STRONGLY recommend using Google Chrome. Additionally, you will experience better performance in the game if your computer, operating system, and browser version are up-to-date. You can find more info about system requirements for Battle Pirates HERE. 

Where should I go to discuss the HTML5 Beta Launch? 

Our forums and discord! 

• Discuss the HTML5 Beta Launch below this thread, or

• Join our Discord HTML5 Discussion channel 

Thank you for playing Battle Pirates, and for being a part of this exciting new chapter! 

(Looking for EVEN MORE info? CLICK HERE to visit KIXEYE_Peter's Engineering Diary post

Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • NotNigel
    NotNigel
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 428
    Good bye flash crashes 
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
  • MayorOfTheQR
    MayorOfTheQR
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 224
    MMMMM HTML GETS ME EXCITED
    Mayor of the QR -- OI_Legend
  • V-Venom
    V-Venom
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 77
    Bring on the 60fps!
  • AgentEJ
    AgentEJ
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 90
    ....and what about those of us who play on the Kixeye site? we don't get to participate in the Beta? 
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2,496
    wrecksds7 said:
    ....and what about those of us who play on the Kixeye site? we don't get to participate in the Beta? 
    Hi there - this information is available in the post above: 

What platforms will support the Beta Launch? 

The Beta Test will be available on all platforms. :)

Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • SkullyBonz
    SkullyBonz
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 54
    HTML 5 live? I am not seeing the enable button in top menu of game...Advise please  ..Kixeye.com on Chrome ..PC platforms 
  • LOOKWHATIDIDNOW
    LOOKWHATIDIDNOW
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 2
    This Downtime was to be expected and I'm brimming with excitement and suspense to see HTML5 soon.
    Any word on the duration of this downtime?
  • Zika Brennan
    Zika Brennan
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 70
    This Downtime was to be expected and I'm brimming with excitement and suspense to see HTML5 soon.
    14 weeks
  • LOOKWHATIDIDNOW
    LOOKWHATIDIDNOW
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 2
    14 weeks
    lmfao
  • Peace-n-War
    Peace-n-War
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 3
    up now
  • TheUsualSuspect
    TheUsualSuspect
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 102

ETA on the update ?

• BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 561
    I'll post the first issue.  When in fullscreen mode, clicking on the text input line in the chat window causes it to exit fullscreen.

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • eye101
    eye101
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 21
    will it ever load or is this your way to end the game lol 20 mins in loadig screen woo kix great work as always 
  • rutroo
    rutroo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 812
    flt and target disappear while hitting on kix
  • bluefireBen
    bluefireBen
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 4
    ur placement of the gifts button is funky

• BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 561
    ...and the 2nd issue.  Dispatched one fleet to auto a target, fine.  Go to locator to find a 2nd target, bombed with frowny face block in upper left. :(

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • VADERBACON
    VADERBACON
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 345
    When hitting SSRB's for uri when you go into base does not show a increase in amount until u refresh game.
  • IrishMist
    IrishMist
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 160

Typing /reconnect doesnt get me anywhere....
    Also when in full screen, you can't type in the chat box.  Kicks you right out of full screen mode.

Submitted a ticket

• Capt_Kill
    Capt_Kill
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 187
    towers are not working in html side

• localridge43
    localridge43
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 104
    only 1 problem unless its just me Beta takes way longer to show an increase in resources : as in i had to switch back to flash to see the increase
  • Wolfen57
    Wolfen57
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 5
    no chat as above
  • Dale Madsen
    Dale Madsen
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 32
    just tried to opt-in, lol. took 5 seconds and has crashed before completing  loading!!!  great job KIXEYE !!!
  • T-REX_NRNS
    T-REX_NRNS
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 120
    try relocating, forget it!
  • gordomutt
    gordomutt
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2
    im in sign me up
  • Chris Sanford
    Chris Sanford
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 121
    I tried using the relay tower and this is what I got
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,744
    And just HOW do players submit a ticket due to kix's stupid policy of no support for non coiners??????????
    A policy of not using paid employee's to use company resources to fix and work on problems of people who are not paying for the product is probably the norm  of any company in the world and might be considered  as acceptable business practice.

Now in 2020 My game started and works fine except for playback has only land tiles and the explosions. everything else works perfectly.
    ahava veshalom
  • VINDICTIVE_1
    VINDICTIVE_1
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 8
    Write a replyis it working I tried it and it didn't load ?

• eye101
    eye101
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 21
    you realy know how to stuff up a great game wow fix the game lol 

• Started using the beta HTML5 and it crashed and had to refresh twice within 10 minutes.  That needs to be fixed or it is not any better than Flash.  HTML5 is supposed to be much more stable and better.
This discussion has been closed.