Conflict between Modified warhead stockpile and Ionstorm accelerator support specials

Luke1979
Luke1979
Potential Threat
Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 74
@CM_Ghillie or any kixeye mods

The modified warhead stockpile support building special is being nullified by the new ionstorm accelerator support building special.  I have moved the ionstorm enabled buildings out of range and the modified warhead stats are listed on the turret buffs, when the ionstorm building is back the modified warhead stats disappear.  

Please can someone in the know check this out.
Battle Pirates is NOT a game, it's a Lifestyle!!  :)
  • Luke1979
    Luke1979
    Potential Threat
    I have re-checked this after several refreshes and clearing cache and after each refresh the stats change between showing either the ionstorm stats or modified warhead stats but never both together.
  • CptBlackEye-0
    CptBlackEye-0
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 503
    edited 6 Jan 2020, 6:42PM
    I was able to recreate this in my base. What is going on?

Edit:
    Further investigation shows that you cannot put both specials on the same warehouse or outpost (can only have one item like this). It would seem to me that the projectile speed bonuses are causing problems.
  • Lusca99
    Lusca99
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 37
    https://community.kixeye.com/discussion/768795#latest
    Same thread with proof screen-shots but just ignore by Kixeye and swept under the carpet
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 983
    edited 6 Jan 2020, 9:17PM
    Luke1979 said:

The modified warhead stockpile support building special is being nullified by the new ionstorm accelerator support building special.  I have moved the ionstorm enabled buildings out of range and the modified warhead stats are listed on the turret buffs, when the ionstorm building is back the modified warhead stats disappear.  

Looking in to this. Thanks. 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Luke1979 said:

Hey - I'm chatting with the team on this one, and I think it merits a standalone post to clarify some things. Please standby for an update in the next day or two, and thanks for flagging. 
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Luke1979 said:

Hey - I'm chatting with the team on this one, and I think it merits a standalone post to clarify some things. Please standby for an update in the next day or two, and thanks for flagging. 
    Haven't forgotten - just focussed on Raid at the moment. Will post an update when available. 
  • Luke1979
    Luke1979
    Potential Threat
    Luke1979 said:

Haven't forgotten - just focussed on Raid at the moment. Will post an update when available. 
    @[email protected]_Ghillie   Any chance of this 'update', with the upcoming T9 conqueror release this issue needs to be fixed/addressed so the players like me who are trying to 'defend' can understand their available options, raid is done and yes HTML5 is now the new 'big thing' but this is still integral  to a lot of player pvp defence.
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Luke1979 said:
    Luke1979 said:

@[email protected]_Ghillie   Any chance of this 'update', with the upcoming T9 conqueror release this issue needs to be fixed/addressed so the players like me who are trying to 'defend' can understand their available options, raid is done and yes HTML5 is now the new 'big thing' but this is still integral  to a lot of player pvp defence.
    Planning a post sometime next week to address Tier 9 overall - and I've had a chat with the team on TAC. I think realistically we need a better system for identifying whether certain items can stack/not stack. It isn't super clear at the moment. Not just the Ionstorm Accelerator, but all TAC mods. 

I believe this would be a pretty large undertaking, but for now, I believe the Ionstorm can't be stacked. We're discussing our approach, but want to make the most prudent decisions. 
  • Luke1979
    Luke1979
    Potential Threat
    edited 17 Jan 2020, 8:51AM
    CM_Ghillie said:

Planning a post sometime next week to address Tier 9 overall - and I've had a chat with the team on TAC. I think realistically we need a better system for identifying whether certain items can stack/not stack. It isn't super clear at the moment. Not just the Ionstorm Accelerator, but all TAC mods. 

I believe this would be a pretty large undertaking, but for now, I believe the Ionstorm can't be stacked. We're discussing our approach, but want to make the most prudent decisions. 
    @CM_Ghillie When you say the Ionstorm can't be stacked are you meaning the projectile speed stat, as this is the only corresponding stat on both Ionstorm and Modified Warhead Stockpile.  To me this seem simple to fix allow the larger stat to stay and the smaller to be ignored or remove the smaller altogether.  If you're trying to say that the 2 specials I'm talking about can't work together then a new special with equivalent damage increase for pen type needs to be introduced as this is the only reason the Modified warhead is being used, and just out of interest it aslso seems to be the only special that is actually effected by the Ionstorms 'cant be stacked'
  • GrandSlam
    GrandSlam
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 73
    From Discord: 

@CM_Ghillie, You say that modified warhead and ionstorm accel don’t stack. Are you just referring to projectile speed here, or does this also include other attributes that the two specials have (i.e. does just one of the specials apply in its entirety?)

KIXEYE_PeterYesterday at 10:51 PM

@Grandslam the aura's do not stack. So anything granted by the aura.
  • Luke1979
    Luke1979
    Potential Threat
    GrandSlam said:
    From Discord: 

@CM_Ghillie, You say that modified warhead and ionstorm accel don’t stack. Are you just referring to projectile speed here, or does this also include other attributes that the two specials have (i.e. does just one of the specials apply in its entirety?)

KIXEYE_PeterYesterday at 10:51 PM

@Grandslam the aura's do not stack. So anything granted by the aura.
    So the question, why is only modified warhead effected?, is now even more puzzling, there normally has to be a reason for 'not stacking' usually the allowence of 1 of a given statistic, in this case projectile speed.