IONSTORM does not show on list of "installation mods"

efimbres1
efimbres1
Potential Threat
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 51
My turrets adjacent to a wherehouse with ionstorm does not indicate the "mods".  It did at first but no longer?
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,747
    Sorry if it is only stating the obvious but i belie that it is a limited bp and if used will not show up if the amount that you owned  has been installed. Other than that I would guess a glitch and sending in a ticket  would help.
    ahava veshalom
  • Mila Conor
    Mila Conor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 249
    its not a turret special its a building special, u ll see it if u try to **** it to outpost or warehouse and such ...
  • Lusca99
    Lusca99
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 51
    edited 29 Dec 2019, 11:02AM
    ^ Please read the Ops post correctly
    I have the same and it looks like it's conflicting with "Modified Warhead Stockpile"
    I have both Ionstorm and Modified Warhead installed in adjacent buildings
    The screenshots shows that only one at a time is displayed randomly after a reset
    Both screenshots taken without any changes to the base
    Could someone at Kix please confirm if both is active or does one cancel out the other

• Alexa the BAE
    Alexa the BAE
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 649
    edited 30 Dec 2019, 2:32AM
    Lusca99 said:
    ^ Please read the Ops post correctly
    I have the same and it looks like it's conflicting with "Modified Warhead Stockpile"
    I have both Ionstorm and Modified Warhead installed in adjacent buildings
    The screenshots shows that only one at a time is displayed randomly after a reset
    Both screenshots taken without any changes to the base
    Could someone at Kix please confirm if both is active or does one cancel out the other
    Deeply disturbing, I have yet to experience that, but while they are at it... EXPLAIN:
    Why the stats are only gaining projectile speed? And why Accuracy and Spread are not working.

I can not trust in the "it's just visual" explanation any more. Trust has been lost long ago.
    I have used a lot of bounty and base parts, result is what seems to be another failed product

CHIMERA BEFORE

CHIMERA AFTER

DOWNBURST BEFORE

DOWNBURST AFTER

(open images in a new tab to see full size)

"a computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing"
  • Evil_Hawk
    Evil_Hawk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 108
    THAT was not solved with the 10.01 update ...
  • UNcoilED
    UNcoilED
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 28
    Just saw the exact same issue, initially I had Ionstorm installed, then I add Modified Warheads which has no effect. When I refresh the game the turret now has Modified Warheads installed instead of Ionstorm.
  • Xevian
    Xevian
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 355
    I can see Ionstorm on a building and it's reflected in the wording on a turret under "installation mods" but the stats DO NOT reflect on the turret themselves.

Maybe a MODERATOR or CM_Ghillie can clear up this problem with the "development team."
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,523
    i see the text on mine like xevian, can it be trusted?
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • Broke Bloke
    Broke Bloke
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2020 Posts: 74
    I have a stupid question... Why is anyone currently trying to use Modified Warhead Stockpile? Aside from the known conflict with the Ionstorm Accelerator, it only boosts the Stormbringer Missile and Silverstrike UAV turrets. Both of which fail to do much (if any) damage to T9 attackers. This is probably why most people are unaware of the MWS and IA conflict.
  • UNcoilED
    UNcoilED
    Potential Threat
    I have a stupid question... Why is anyone currently trying to use Modified Warhead Stockpile? Aside from the known conflict with the Ionstorm Accelerator, it only boosts the Stormbringer Missile and Silverstrike UAV turrets. Both of which fail to do much (if any) damage to T9 attackers. This is probably why most people are unaware of the MWS and IA conflict.
    This is another issue I noticed. In FLASH you can see that Modified Warhead actually adds bonus projectile speed, whereas in HTML5 the bonus attributes don't show up at all.
  • Broke Bloke
    Broke Bloke
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2020 Posts: 74
    UNcoilED said:
    This is another issue I noticed. In FLASH you can see that Modified Warhead actually adds bonus projectile speed, whereas in HTML5 the bonus attributes don't show up at all.
    Interesting. Very interesting since I don't do the html5 version. Thank you. Any idea which version or rendering is considered the bug?
  • UNcoilED
    UNcoilED
    Potential Threat
    edited 27 May 2020, 8:27PM
    UNcoilED said:
    Interesting. Very interesting since I don't do the html5 version. Thank you. Any idea which version or rendering is considered the bug?
    That's super weird. I'm on the flash version as well:

Honestly without that projectile speed bonus, this doesn't even seem like a tier 7 special