Pillage:Invalidated

Sea_Wolf17
Sea_Wolf17
Minor Nuisance
Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 276
Not sure about the rest of you, but seems they dont want us to use Praetorians in Pillage. Not after knock hard brag me tough boat hulks..just saying. I posted my Praetorian build below..keep in mind im saying the 128's are overpowered!

eNptjLEKAjEQRP9l6y0ut5vcbUqx8RvEIuiKB9ELiYeC+O+uWgk2w2N4Mw+4aSrzpUHcknhGF9gjiQxGHX3pN3YIei9ar6tlygeIx5SbIrSi+8nQjlwYbDmSmN8zUuAPdda50eapnuf6FsVJQHHB4x8y8bTkvFlD5J74+QJE5Sxx

I have a fleet all built the same, but U1's. They are underpowered for 128's and Pillage is Invalidated to try for, dont need exaggerated repairs. Input or thoughts anyone?

• reefguy
    reefguy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2019 Posts: 43
    I managed to do 5 128s with similar Praets for around 14 hrs repair.  5x 130 with supressor and  fish for about 10 hrs repair.  So thats 100k points per day without spending any coin. Roughly 400k points in the event.  More than I need. Seems pretty reasonable to me.
  • Sea_Wolf17
    Sea_Wolf17
    Minor Nuisance
    reefguy said:
    I managed to do 5 128s with similar Praets for around 14 hrs repair.  5x 130 with supressor and  fish for about 10 hrs repair.  So thats 100k points per day without spending any coin. Roughly 400k points in the event.  More than I need. Seems pretty reasonable to me.
    thats just crazy
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,842
    That is a nice build - its almost identical to my first build. And, unfortunately, the 128 IS overpowered for that build... Here is a video that I have followed - from build to driving and I am now seeing same results he gets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMBV0ew-vf4&t=12s&fbclid=IwAR0RtcPALG1zBLUVU1eQHc47jh7vdWo2v08i7SIPhrQY3jEs4G5Z0QvyuEA

My refitted (and it really isnt an extensive refit) fleet now can do a 128 for under an hour repair - with about 45m of damage on the flag and the regular hulls being insta repair in the dock. Last Pillage I was running about 3h per 128, so I do feel your pain. 

I would highly recommend following his youtube channel, and he does post frequently on The Forsaken Council FaceBook page.
    I have a hard time believing that we are dealing with a company that is brilliantly scamming us AND entirely incompetent. 

This is a private company in a capitalist market trying to make money - your money. Give it to them, or don't - but don't fault them for trying. 
  • Sea_Wolf17
    Sea_Wolf17
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 6 Dec 2019, 6:34PM
    .might not be method then, could be technique..regardless. Obvious point of the 128 and Praetors not so dominant run is the kits for upgrade, bet they are flying of shelves hehe..but i think this underdog got Spartan Kicked again 
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    .might not be method then, could be technique..regardless. Obvious point of the 128 and Praetors not so dominant run is the kits for upgrade, bet they are flying of shelves hehe..but i think this underdog got Spartan Kicked again 
    The video shows it being done with U0 Praets - mine are U1, and I can do the 128 easily. 

No, the 128 is not an intentionally difficult target to force players to coin for kits. It simply highlights that minor differences in builds and different approaches can have drastically different results. 
    I have a hard time believing that we are dealing with a company that is brilliantly scamming us AND entirely incompetent. 

This is a private company in a capitalist market trying to make money - your money. Give it to them, or don't - but don't fault them for trying. 
  • Sea_Wolf17
    Sea_Wolf17
    Minor Nuisance
    The video shows it being done with U0 Praets - mine are U1, and I can do the 128 easily. 

No, the 128 is not an intentionally difficult target to force players to coin for kits. It simply highlights that minor differences in builds and different approaches can have drastically different results. 
    howd they do that with no armor?
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord

howd they do that with no armor?
    Did you watch the video? It only helps if you watch it...

He uses the flag (which is armored - just like yours) and uses it as a tank. I run the fleet on auto, only controlling the flag and making sure it is always the target of the turrets. Change a special or two and your Praets will do much more damage, and the fully armored flag will absorb the damage - that is why, if you watch the video, the rest of the fleet is insta repair in the base.  

• FFRODO
    FFRODO
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 98

Swap the alloy armour special for cluster warheads3. The extra reload gives much more benefit that the alloy armours survival. Compared to last time this target seems pretty reasonable damagewise. I only have 2 plates of each zynth on each ship and I'm averaging 40+50 mins per 128.

• Sea_Wolf17
    Sea_Wolf17
    Minor Nuisance
     this seems to be an Issue as well, maybee because my counter is 0, could also be a reason my boats suck?