dodgy base hit

ThePirateGamer
ThePirateGamer
Potential Threat
Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 93
this is by far one of the dodgy base hits I've had he comes in
already a ship placement market is there while I'm not controlling or driving my fleet as you can see they are still on auto then all of a sudden he makes it past my third portal and my base guard starts to leave the base
  • ScattergunScott
    ScattergunScott
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 1,582
    already a ship placement market is there while I'm not controlling or driving my fleet as you can see they are still on auto then all of a sudden he makes it past my third portal and my base guard starts to leave the base
    Slightly more details what you are complaining about? If your Guard Ships have Combat Speed, they would of course start to move outside once the Portals are down, if that is what you are complaining about. 
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,807
    Were you watching a playback? Playback is not a recording of the hit, merely an AI-informed recreation, which has been known to vary in accuracy. 
    I have a hard time believing that we are dealing with a company that is brilliantly scamming us AND entirely incompetent. 

This is a private company in a capitalist market trying to make money - your money. Give it to them, or don't - but don't fault them for trying. 
  • tyler1289
    tyler1289
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 88
    just wondering if your guard is carnages? a few more details would help for either people on forums to help or cs to help you out
  • david.drake.9678067
    david.drake.9678067
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 796
    Were you watching a playback? Playback is not a recording of the hit, merely an AI-informed recreation, which has been known to vary in accuracy. 
    I don't think you can say this now as I was recently asked by the VIP team member dealing with my ticket to provide a copy of the playback, despite me saying nearly verbatum to him what you just said. He stated they require a visual representation. 
  • ThePirateGamer
    ThePirateGamer
    Potential Threat
    you can playback a hit through acdemy 
    okay my base fleet are 3 breachers 1 lurker and a hgw 
    my portals where destroyed but my base guard was on auto 
    as he made it past my last portal on my channel my base guard went from auto and started to drive out of my base while he was still in it
    this has never happened before

• tyler1289
    tyler1289
    Potential Threat
    playback is never an accurate account of what happened, its a reproduction and it doesnt represent the live hit. do you have your fleet set to 0 guard range? it could be that maybe 1 or 2 are set at a slight movement range and the last portal triggered the movement. it could also just be a plain playback issue it has been known that playback will show a base flattened when in fact it has only hit 25%. my advice, make a quick video and either post it or send it in, or both. hopefully you get the help you want mate
  • ScattergunScott
    ScattergunScott
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 1,582
    you can playback a hit through acdemy 
    okay my base fleet are 3 breachers 1 lurker and a hgw 
    my portals where destroyed but my base guard was on auto 
    as he made it past my last portal on my channel my base guard went from auto and started to drive out of my base while he was still in it
    this has never happened before

As Truc said, "Playback" is NOT an actual video of the hit, it is a recreation. Kind of like how "300" is a movie based on a graphic novel, and not the actual battle of the Hot Gates.......
  • ThePirateGamer
    ThePirateGamer
    Potential Threat
    my fleet range is set to zero all of them i would understand if they moved around within my base but to move out of my base to a set point is strange

• ThePirateGamer
    ThePirateGamer
    Potential Threat
    and i had friends watch the hit live as it was happening
  • tyler1289
    tyler1289
    Potential Threat
    it could just be a playback issue, it is well known and happens often.