Official 9.49 Discussion Thread (Pillage Week)

• Kyle Deschenes
    Kyle Deschenes
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 530
    UPDATE on smart torpedos: The smart torpedos have been removed from the 130 targets. Thanks! 
    Yay!!! thanks for hearing us out Kix... sry i over-reacted before, i was frustrated. I should always take a breather and go smoke 1 b4 posting lol. 
  • dlaw001
    dlaw001
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 308
    UPDATE on smart torpedos: The smart torpedos have been removed from the 130 targets. Thanks! 
    So, those amazing engineers that took next to no time to fix the raid targets that were giving out free points (siege target building in the front) could not fix the torpedoes that were going too fast??

So what you are saying is that they couldn't fix the speed, so they removed the "culprit"....you do realise that that issue is still there in the code, and although gone now in THIS target, what has the change they have made done to current and or other targets??

Oh wait that's right you guys don't do any testing and leave it up to the players to do it for you....great way to save on money....hey another idea, no need for forums either as the info is distributed in other areas, so go place to save more money..... 
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,237
    Dumb and late question, is the new turret  worth getting still? it is hard to tell with how people reacted with the changing of it. I have seen a few bases with it in the base but still on th efence. It is pretty cheap  inthe pillage but would like opinions on if it is good to sacrifice for other heavy turrets.
    Its one of them items that works for some and not for others. So depending on your base layout you may find the UAV turret is useful or it maybe a complete failure. So unfortunately the only way you will know is to get one and try it.
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,844
    Hi Ghillie, 
    I don't really have anything to add to this conversation, but seeing that you announce important event related material here - instead of in the briefing, or in its own dedicated post - I find myself needing to be notified when you comment on here. Now that I've commented, notifications will alert me when other people comment and I can keep an eye out for you, just in case another target change occurs. Unfortunately, this seems to be the best way to stay informed, instead of periodically scrolling through several pages of comments. 
    I have a hard time believing that we are dealing with a company that is brilliantly scamming us AND entirely incompetent. 

This is a private company in a capitalist market trying to make money - your money. Give it to them, or don't - but don't fault them for trying. 

•  i am hitting 130 targets this pillage and crashing all the time. is my computer that bad? hahahahaha. no worry i had spent 200 coins for that

• Silver Stefaans
    Silver Stefaans
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 440
    Dumb and late question, is the new turret  worth getting still? it is hard to tell with how people reacted with the changing of it. I have seen a few bases with it in the base but still on th efence. It is pretty cheap  inthe pillage but would like opinions on if it is good to sacrifice for other heavy turrets.
    Its one of them items that works for some and not for others. So depending on your base layout you may find the UAV turret is useful or it maybe a complete failure. So unfortunately the only way you will know is to get one and try it.
    Agree with Carl. I've got 2 with the special that came with it in my level 73 base. Does not seem to do any damage to dreads, but do get the guys rushing into the other turrets. May not have the right specials at my level or need more than 2.
  • Kyle Deschenes
    Kyle Deschenes
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 530

i am hitting 130 targets this pillage and crashing all the time. is my computer that bad? hahahahaha. no worry i had spent 200 coins for that

Use chrome
  • halo8381
    halo8381
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 112
    why is it that we have pegs and war pegs vxp tokens and kits but no build or upgrade tokens ???? could this be added
  • jsmith 22
    jsmith 22
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 8
    Can you make the BP next week post bigger so we can see it please 
  • X7ALPHA
    X7ALPHA
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 87
    edited 7 Dec 2019, 6:07AM
    jsmith 22 said:
    Can you make the BP next week post bigger so we can see it please 
    you can right click on image and click on "View Image"
  • PChicken
    PChicken
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2018 Posts: 160
    just when i was thinking it was working ok kixe proved me wrong again went into a 130 target it blew up but feet stayed in battle no support as i havent paid 50 bucks thanks for the repairs stuff the game :(
  • Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 996

Lets get real.  This change is not a Nerf.  Its much worse.

Old Stats

New Stats

What changed:                              Old            New
    Half Chain Range:                         40              20

Half Damage                               70,000      35,000

Larger dead zone near turret:       240            265
    (Min Range)

Slower reload time                      12               14

You forgot to add that its firing arc was also reduced.
    IF it was so overpowered I could understand 1 or 2 changes but 5. No; thats just overkill.
    it appears to me, there are way too many people who have zero knowledge of base defence and no clue about how OP this turret still is, trying to comment on something they know nothing about :(
    Snoopy
  • Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,686
    Anybody got a magnifying glass I can borrow so I can read the "BP Next Week" post ?    :expressionless:
  • sardonique13
    sardonique13
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,000

Old Stats

New Stats

(Min Range)

IF it was so overpowered I could understand 1 or 2 changes but 5. No; thats just overkill.
    it appears to me, there are way too many people who have zero knowledge of base defence and no clue about how OP this turret still is, trying to comment on something they know nothing about :(
    I killed 2 bases in the last 24hours which defense relied on the "OPness" of this turret.  One had 8 heavy UAV turrets and the other had 6 heavy UAV turrets + 2 heavy Scatters.  Both bases were endgame level bases and both bases were made flat (95-100%).  This turret is NOT OP.  It just seems maybe you know more about base defense then you do about base attacking.
    sardonique

ex-IKY, ex-DOA, ex-PNLS, never ex-ex.....

.....hey pirates....I'm back.  Buwahahahaha
  • Detective_Soulhex129
    Detective_Soulhex129
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,466

Old Stats

New Stats

(Min Range)

I killed 2 bases in the last 24hours which defense relied on the "OPness" of this turret.  One had 8 heavy UAV turrets and the other had 6 heavy UAV turrets + 2 heavy Scatters.  Both bases were endgame level bases and both bases were made flat (95-100%).  This turret is NOT OP.  It just seems maybe you know more about base defense then you do about base attacking.
    And here lies the question though. How much did it cost you to prep those bases? I personally have 8 UAVs and have seen people try and prep my base ending in failed attempts with massive repairs at least 4 bas fleets dead. 2 howler fleets dead. So tell me again about how NOT OP this turret is when a non coiner can make top end basers cost several fleets worth of coin....
    Image result for detective pikachu gif"
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord

Old Stats

New Stats

(Min Range)

This just emphasizes the disparity with base defense. A base where the player has all the latest base defense weapons and hulls; the "overpowered" turret may do enough damage at the start of the attack that their other defenses have no problem stopping an attacking fleet (and is then deemed by the attacker to be overpowered). But to players without "all the toys" this turret seemed like it was something that was "finally" going to equalize base defense so even if they don't stop an attacker, they can actually do more than instant repair damage to them so from that aspect it seems like a major Nerf. 

Which raises a question. HOW can kixeye balance a weapon when base defense is so un-balanced?
  • reefguy
    reefguy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2019 Posts: 43
    edited 8 Dec 2019, 3:42AM
    But Isn't this the very definition of balanced.  The strongest of attackers with all the latest tech, willing to coin base prep, should be able to defeat all but the most thoughtfully designed bases with all the best available tech.  Why should a single turret purchased for a mere 20k bounty points make an average base undefeatbale? That isn't balance.  

• sardonique13
    sardonique13
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,000
    edited 8 Dec 2019, 6:58AM

Old Stats

New Stats

(Min Range)

And here lies the question though. How much did it cost you to prep those bases? I personally have 8 UAVs and have seen people try and prep my base ending in failed attempts with massive repairs at least 4 bas fleets dead. 2 howler fleets dead. So tell me again about how NOT OP this turret is when a non coiner can make top end basers cost several fleets worth of coin....
    I actually refit my prep fleet to endure the damage done from the UAVs, so no coin needed on prep.  1 prep-hit, 1 main hit....dead base.  Granted, some bases are more "prepable" than others, but these were endgame level bases.

**plus...it is all how you drive your prep fleet as well.  remember, there is only a base chaining range of 20 on the UAV turrets.  =)

**and...lemme get this right, you are worried that a non-coiner will keep you out of their base?  Since when did keeping someone out of your base rely more on coin than about skill and creative defense solutions?
    sardonique

ex-IKY, ex-DOA, ex-PNLS, never ex-ex.....

.....hey pirates....I'm back.  Buwahahahaha
  • cripple leg dawg
    cripple leg dawg
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 373
    halo8381 said:
    why is it that we have pegs and war pegs vxp tokens and kits but no build or upgrade tokens ???? could this be added
    c'mon man

you know why

• zeusIII
    zeusIII
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 463
    Haven't found much in the way of good ship killing base turrets from day one on....
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Awesome. They are running a UPDATE without warning they are going to do one. Makes doing TLCs a right pain as we never know when the game is going down.
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2,136
    Thanks for bearing with me this past week, folks, as I get back into the swing of things. I'll check back on this thread and see if I can follow up on a few questions, and I appreciate your patience. 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.