Official 9.49 Discussion Thread (Pillage Week)

• sardonique13
    sardonique13
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,000
    D_K_SDS7 said:
    oh goody now i can kill enemies in my base with much more ease! #basehittingisdead
    yeah...you might actually have to think now when hitting a base, rather than just clicking the back of the base and crossing your fingers.  Let's get real, the ONLY stat they altered from the nerf was the min-range increase.  The min-range increase made this turret literally useless.  They did NOT bring it back to its original stats of 240....they brought it back to 265, which will STILL keep it out of the majority of channels.  They made base hitting more interesting and more creative now.  But, I guess for some people....#basehittingisdead.
    Yeah well ive seen it personally already. If u have the right base design and 8 uavs it basically 1 shots Subj. It kills preps. It kills dreads. Whats left to hit with? Howlers? 5 Gorgons boom keeps those out. Sure the ppl that dont know how to make a base will get lvled but the top meta players will make the unkillable base and boom itll break pvp hitting. Speculate however u like ive already seen it
    I've seen it in action as well...I've also seen the new proposed 265 range (as opposed to the original 240 range) in action as well....the 265 range will NOT cover the channel; WITHOUT leaving the turrets themselves open to prep.  That is why they dropped it down to 265, rather than the original 240.
    Sardonique come hit my base you won't even get more then 35% thats how broken PvP is , subj will die before killing the gates and howlers they will never get past 5 gorgons, you can't prep as a prep fleet dies in seconds.... i mean come try you know where i am , then after the hit reconsider your thoughts on PvP
    You saw my prep...spent 30 coins in prep and ended up with 2 dead Gorgons.  30 coins is reasonable prep for endgame base.  My subjs.  stayed alive for a while with the right build...long enough to kill the two Gorgos.  When I went to hit with Howlers, batteries died in mouse, which is why my fleet just sat there...

I'm not saying that the UAV isn't OP....I am saying that sometimes you have to give ppl what they THINK they want, so they will realize they don't actually want it.  If this turret swings game meta too far out of whack, I guarantee that it will be adjusted.  I think ppl just wanted to see it in the game for longer than just a few hours before things were changed so drastically.
    sardonique

ex-IKY, ex-DOA, ex-PNLS, never ex-ex.....

.....hey pirates....I'm back.  Buwahahahaha
  • Detective_Soulhex129
    Detective_Soulhex129
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,466
    D_K_SDS7 said:
    oh goody now i can kill enemies in my base with much more ease! #basehittingisdead
    yeah...you might actually have to think now when hitting a base, rather than just clicking the back of the base and crossing your fingers.  Let's get real, the ONLY stat they altered from the nerf was the min-range increase.  The min-range increase made this turret literally useless.  They did NOT bring it back to its original stats of 240....they brought it back to 265, which will STILL keep it out of the majority of channels.  They made base hitting more interesting and more creative now.  But, I guess for some people....#basehittingisdead.
    Yeah well ive seen it personally already. If u have the right base design and 8 uavs it basically 1 shots Subj. It kills preps. It kills dreads. Whats left to hit with? Howlers? 5 Gorgons boom keeps those out. Sure the ppl that dont know how to make a base will get lvled but the top meta players will make the unkillable base and boom itll break pvp hitting. Speculate however u like ive already seen it
    I've seen it in action as well...I've also seen the new proposed 265 range (as opposed to the original 240 range) in action as well....the 265 range will NOT cover the channel; WITHOUT leaving the turrets themselves open to prep.  That is why they dropped it down to 265, rather than the original 240.
    Sardonique come hit my base you won't even get more then 35% thats how broken PvP is , subj will die before killing the gates and howlers they will never get past 5 gorgons, you can't prep as a prep fleet dies in seconds.... i mean come try you know where i am , then after the hit reconsider your thoughts on PvP
    You saw my prep...spent 30 coins in prep and ended up with 2 dead Gorgons.  30 coins is reasonable prep for endgame base.  My subjs.  stayed alive for a while with the right build...long enough to kill the two Gorgos.  When I went to hit with Howlers, batteries died in mouse, which is why my fleet just sat there...

I'm not saying that the UAV isn't OP....I am saying that sometimes you have to give ppl what they THINK they want, so they will realize they don't actually want it.  If this turret swings game meta too far out of whack, I guarantee that it will be adjusted.  I think ppl just wanted to see it in the game for longer than just a few hours before things were changed so drastically.
    That was with 0 armored gorgons. And if u think its ok for a prep fleet to cost 30 coins then to coin the baser then u must be made of money. for 1 hit. Expect that for bases in the future then when non coiners make you coin that much. And that was with only 6 UAVs.
    Image result for detective pikachu gif"
  • sardonique13
    sardonique13
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,000
    D_K_SDS7 said:

That was with 0 armored gorgons. And if u think its ok for a prep fleet to cost 30 coins then to coin the baser then u must be made of money. for 1 hit. Expect that for bases in the future then when non coiners make you coin that much. And that was with only 6 UAVs.
    And that was only 2 basi, compared to my normal 3-4 in a prep fleet.  We could go back and forth all day with our opinions and speculations.  At the end of the day, SF has given the people a compromise to what they THINK they want.  If it turns out to not be what they want at all, I am sure it will be adjusted.  My point was, and still is....to pull a new weapon that will definitely shift the game meta off and nerf it so drastically after only having it in play for mere hours...it was a knee-jerk reaction that caused a lot of people to question.  They have listened to the community and have come to a compromise.  DK thought my prep fleet would die in "seconds", which wasn't the case.  If the community can't find a counter to the shift in meta, then I am SURE it will be adjusted...based on the wants of the community, not just the select few.
    sardonique

ex-IKY, ex-DOA, ex-PNLS, never ex-ex.....

.....hey pirates....I'm back.  Buwahahahaha
  • Stealth-Penguin
    Stealth-Penguin
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 45
    any person who likes the new silverstrike turrent stats is a complete moron! i redeemed this turrent 1st as a top priority and put one in my base staight away to see if it was any good...after work the next day i found that they had cut the damage the turrent does in half....a totally idiotic move that makes this turrent about as good as a kite in a hurricane. i dont understand the logic in releasing a turrent and then killing its effectiveness straight away. any person who has this turrent in their base obviously has the IQ of a dead rat
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,835
    D_K_SDS7 said:

This ^^^^^^^! 30 Coins is acceptable to prep a top base? If this is the going rate to prep one, I can see that I won't be hitting many in the future. I mean if you are wealthy and are bleeding cash, then please, by all means, there are lots of people hurting financially around the world that need help more than Kixeye does.
  • squeak.lewis
    squeak.lewis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 164
    someone cryed they got beat so they changed it sad so sad.

• Evangelyne_A
    Evangelyne_A
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 61
    base defence is broken for the majority, deflection was the main cause of this fiasco, that needs to be changed and minimum damage pass through for deflection needs to come back. we wouldnt complain about turrets if they actually did some damage you basically have to be a older player or in a top tier alliance to get the best of the best in items and if you dont have that your not going to make a impact in any real part of the game.
  • DQO07
    DQO07
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 225
    base defence is broken for the majority, deflection was the main cause of this fiasco, that needs to be changed and minimum damage pass through for deflection needs to come back. we wouldnt complain about turrets if they actually did some damage you basically have to be a older player or in a top tier alliance to get the best of the best in items and if you dont have that your not going to make a impact in any real part of the game.
    Alright so you might be the absolute undeniable dumbest person in the game. Straight up. You get good by hitting bases and learning how to play the game, what works, what doesn't, how do things function in practice, and use all of that to build up a knowledge base. If you never get to that point of hitting bases, yeah you gonna be pretty worthless like you are. Reality is, passthrough was a completely trash mechanic that caused a meta of chaos mort sloths in base that would absolutely shred everything that tried to come in, making an unbeatable base meta. Today defenses are still busted with deflection being the flat reduction it needs to be. So before you try talking about anything to do with the game, please try to understand what the **** you are talking about, because clearly from this you have never hit a base, and cannot figure out how to put 8 uavs in your base. **** neanderthals trying to talk about the game as if they understand it at all.
  • Capt. Phantom
    Capt. Phantom
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 114
    Two questions: First, can we not have T6 armors in the Pillage/Raids? Usually overpriced and outdated; and Second, i think its time for Hyper 40s, u agree? More questions to come for kix...
    Related image
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Lots of arguments about base defense and offense. I will agree it is no doubt out of balance and has been for awhile. Kix always swings the door one way or another since the game started. When they did the retrofit or whatever they called it, the wiped vast amounts of the game away. The lower level players were wiped with it for the most part. Virtually ALL of the ships ever introduced in the game were made unusable and obsolete. They destroyed the stats on some items so badly that they are laughable. The top bases are so hard to get into that you have to waste a ton of coin or fleets to do them and that is fun? LMAO-fun to who? The WHALES, of course it is. The whole reason the game is where it is today. Forget the 99%, just cater to the 1%-wait! Where have we heard that logic before? Instead of adapting to the new turret or changing it incrementally-NO!!!! Bow down and capitulate to the whales-right NOW-no waiting-NOW!
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,237
    Lots of arguments about base defense and offense. I will agree it is no doubt out of balance and has been for awhile. Kix always swings the door one way or another since the game started. When they did the retrofit or whatever they called it, the wiped vast amounts of the game away. The lower level players were wiped with it for the most part. Virtually ALL of the ships ever introduced in the game were made unusable and obsolete. They destroyed the stats on some items so badly that they are laughable. The top bases are so hard to get into that you have to waste a ton of coin or fleets to do them and that is fun? LMAO-fun to who? The WHALES, of course it is. The whole reason the game is where it is today. Forget the 99%, just cater to the 1%-wait! Where have we heard that logic before? Instead of adapting to the new turret or changing it incrementally-NO!!!! Bow down and capitulate to the whales-right NOW-no waiting-NOW!
    there needs to be some sort of base defense weapon available to all lvls of players that can do damage to an attacking fleet. by damage I mean more than scratch paint. The researchable tech is a joke and the weapons in the FM are also hopelessly under-powered. Bounty does have the heavy turrets IF the low -mid players can even get the points for them. base defense is seriously out of whack when a fleet can level a base and take under 5 min damage ( if it even takes any damage at all). 
    A decent gun for the Op that does more than scratch paint will help. it doesn't need to be a fleet killer type of weapon but one that can at least do some damage to an attacking fleet eg over a 5 min basehit do 10% damage to the fleet type of thing.
    Low-mid lvl players that get farmed daily and their base defenses do zero damage to an attacker lose interest in the game fast. There needs to be some way they can get easy access to something that will at least damage an attacker.
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    there needs to be some sort of base defense weapon available to all lvls of players that can do damage to an attacking fleet. by damage I mean more than scratch paint. The researchable tech is a joke and the weapons in the FM are also hopelessly under-powered. Bounty does have the heavy turrets IF the low -mid players can even get the points for them. base defense is seriously out of whack when a fleet can level a base and take under 5 min damage ( if it even takes any damage at all). 
    A decent gun for the Op that does more than scratch paint will help. it doesn't need to be a fleet killer type of weapon but one that can at least do some damage to an attacking fleet eg over a 5 min basehit do 10% damage to the fleet type of thing.
    Low-mid lvl players that get farmed daily and their base defenses do zero damage to an attacker lose interest in the game fast. There needs to be some way they can get easy access to something that will at least damage an attacker.
    I fully agree Carl-this is exactly correct. Huge disconnect in real world playing, this because the current game designers dont play the game within the rules we do. This shows daily. They used to. Those of us that have been here long enough remember that Will even played the game. They no longer test ANYTHING. It is sad.
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,576
    edited 4 Dec 2019, 4:25AM
    I have a question for kix why are some of the same prizes that were in bounty and now in pillage costing more in pillage than they did in bounty example hyper 30 was 6k in bounty but in pillage worth 10k in pillage did it get a boost of some kind to justify the cost difference 
  • reefguy
    reefguy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2019 Posts: 43
    Would it be possible to have the following items available in the Pillage prize list?

Hydroatomizer nozzle
    EMP Blast
    Frontline Platform Z-U
    Alloy Panels XM
    Fuel Tank DI-X

Thanks
  • DADakaDTM said:
    You guys and Girls don't have a clue how the game works.
    yes we do it is all based around the whales if they can't just walk your base everyone has to suffer 
  • PirateJack80
    PirateJack80
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 149
    Only top players on leaderboard can get pegasus/war pegasus upgrade tokens.
    Add a few pegasus upgrade tokens and pegasus build tokens to the pillage store...

Add to prizelist:

Pegasus upgrade tokens
    War Pegasus upgrade tokens

Pegasus ship build tokens
    War Pegasus ship build tokens

//Thanks

• OleFart
    OleFart
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 140
    Come on Pirates we are suppose to be discussing the latest update, especially Pillage. I'm curious that once we claim the new sync drive and strike warhead???, how long do we have to wait until they are nerfed?
  • maddad
    maddad
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 610
    @CM GHILLIE
    Why is there NO A-SET targets in Pillage?
    we have s set then skips to b sets n below
    upgrades=downfall of battle pirates
  • DADakaDTM
    DADakaDTM
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 250
    DADakaDTM said:
    You guys and Girls don't have a clue how the game works.
    yes we do it is all based around the whales if they can't just walk your base everyone has to suffer 
    Sorry I should of been more specific.  You guys and Girls (as in Kixeye / Stillfront) (with their nerfs) my mistake with wording :) 
  • jon pirate
    jon pirate
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 775
    I was told in a ticket after update it would show true damage of the new turret did you forget it ?
    PLAYERS FIRST TRY DOING WHAT YOU SAY
  • warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,953

@OleFart said:
    Come on Pirates we are suppose to be discussing the latest update, especially Pillage. I'm curious that once we claim the new sync drive and strike warhead???, how long do we have to wait until they are nerfed?

Might be waiting forever.
    These are pve items, they wont interest the whales and wont affect any conqueror fleets, wrong class equipables.

So wont affect whales abilities to pvp.. = no nerf.

• PChicken
    PChicken
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2018 Posts: 160
    NOT DOING ANY EVENTS TO MUCH LAG ETC KIXE PUTTING TO MUCH INTO GAME CAUSING IT TO CRASH THEN BLAMING OUR INTERNET SO IT'S 2 FINGERS FROM ME 
  • blackheart300
    blackheart300
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 135
    i have a problem here   say i go into a car dealership order a performance car pay my hard earned money  pick it up take it home park in garage wake up in morning my performance car was replaced with low end budget car and 4 oil changes free and told you cant have we made, it over powered so what would you do .  me i would say take this junk car back give me my money back and keep your oil changes!  if you dont know what im saying im talking about the silver streak turret   I want what coin i spent on the bounty or give me something else with same value in point  give me a subj'r i will be satisfied but dont insult me with build tokens i can get enough base parts in 15 mins hitting a ssb's to rebuild what ever weapon i have to put on   just give me my gold or substite it with  a subj'r i think it would show better player relations                                                                                                   
    Ive said this about the upgrades ..  Now if you want to make a build better you have to use Limited  Weps  specials Armours  etc etc etc .. its jut getting rediculous.. Bounty was Rubbish   hardly any prizes  didnt do it thankfully saved myself some coins.. Looks like  Pillage is the same  so wont be doing this one either ... 

• Piratekiller_BOB
    Piratekiller_BOB
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 760
    Add a few pegasus upgrade tokens and pegasus build tokens to the pillage store...

Add to prizelist:

Pegasus upgrade tokens

//Thanks

Yeah I agree!
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,743

Add to prizelist:

Pegasus upgrade tokens

//Thanks

there was just a week long tlc that gave that away with easy targets.
    ahava veshalom
  • Piratekiller_BOB
    Piratekiller_BOB
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 760

Add to prizelist:

Pegasus upgrade tokens

//Thanks

there was just a week long tlc that gave that away with easy targets.
    I did the camp. I was more interested in the Upgrade tokens!. Fleet is fine the way it is. But am lacking a few days to get fleet to U3 for raid. Even just a couple of each upgrade tokens would help!
  • XVIII-Luna
    XVIII-Luna
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 550
    edited 4 Dec 2019, 10:49PM
    Skirmish cycle is coming soon, so I would like to request the following items for the pillage prize list:

Skirmish Torpedoes D63-R
    Siege Torpedoes D65-Z
    Assault Torpedoes D63-Z, V & B

Started in 2011, sector 19.
  • jason.hite.549
    jason.hite.549
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 267
    edited 4 Dec 2019, 11:18PM
    2hr30mins for the 128, is pathetic. I have full armored praets and they get hit way to hard for a pillage event. This is supposed to help people catch up how. Glad I don't need anything built for this raid.
  • Overball
    Overball
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 202
    looks like there is a glitch in the 128 for the pillage. i cannot control my fleet when i tell it to go anywhere it does and it only targets a turret or i have to let it auto the **** target.

• Vesna Viktor
    Vesna Viktor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 149
    Pillage targets are over powered for full equipped, heavy armored and upgraded fleets. Kix really trying to get rid of players as usual!
    V-V 
This discussion has been closed.