Official 9.49 Discussion Thread (Pillage Week)

CM_Ghillie
CM_Ghillie
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 721
Discuss the 9.49 Update and its contents in this thread.
  • sardonique13
    sardonique13
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 921
    Thank you for listening to the concerns of the community.  Now it is up to the community to decide if they are happy with what they asked for =)
    sardonique

ex-IKY, ex-DOA, ex-PNLS, never ex-ex.....

.....hey pirates....I'm back.  Buwahahahaha
  • FrankL_038
    FrankL_038
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 82
    Step in the right direction. How about a slight increase in damage?
  • Detective_Soulhex129
    Detective_Soulhex129
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,465
    oh goody now i can kill enemies in my base with much more ease! #basehittingisdead
    Image result for detective pikachu gif"
  • ch-wuweiseng
    ch-wuweiseng
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 6
    改来改去,不是游戏,倒像儿戏

• DADakaDTM
    DADakaDTM
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 203
    edited 5 Dec 2019, 12:23AM
    You guys and Girls (at kixeye) don't have a clue how the game works.

updated should have worded it different
  • ch-wuweiseng
    ch-wuweiseng
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 6
    孩子生出来了,不理想,再重回娘肚子回炉,这就是设计师的工作方法,太没有责任心了
  • X7ALPHA
    X7ALPHA
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 57
    edited 3 Dec 2019, 7:57AM
    Bring back the 124/126 pillage targets from October this time.
  • Detective_Soulhex129
    Detective_Soulhex129
    Incursion Leader
    dlaw001 said:
    Do you guys do any testing at all??!!???!!!???

@FrankL_038 - How is this a step in the right direction???? It was the "best" when it was released....a day later they nerf it...damage and range. Now you say that this is a step in the right direction????? Come on! 

They give you a three course meal, then take it all away bar one entree....wait a little while, then give you a bread roll, and you are happy with that??? especially if you paid for a three course meal which you got in the first place.
    Obviously they didnt test it. But curious did u do any math to how much damage this turret can do? With 8 UAVs the damage it can do  to 1 ship is 11.6 million damage. Seeing that a subj has base armor of 12million that basically kills it in 1 reload and that is with the CURRENT UAV not original.

So basically thats giving someone an all you can eat buffet and taking away half of the food on the buffet. The person will still get full...
  • X7ALPHA
    X7ALPHA
    Potential Threat
    Bring back the 124/126 pillage targets from October this time.
  • Detective_Soulhex129
    Detective_Soulhex129
    Incursion Leader

Lets get real.  This change is not a Nerf.  Its much worse.

Old Stats

New Stats

What changed:                              Old            New
    Half Chain Range:                         40              20

Half Damage                               70,000      35,000

Larger dead zone near turret:       240            265
    (Min Range)

Slower reload time                      12               14

You forgot to add that its firing arc was also reduced.
    IF it was so overpowered I could understand 1 or 2 changes but 5. No; thats just overkill.
    I agree 1 or 2 changes and make it the right changes but they didnt even do the right changes the first time. The original nerf didnt fix the problem it still did OP. So basically it made the turret into a niche placement where if u built ur base around it then the defense would always win. Obviously ppl that dont know how to build defenses to this extent wouldnt see the power of it where in it would be considered a huge nerf to those players
  • KimKveit
    KimKveit
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 17
    One thing that need to be fixed ASAP is increase the max number of buildtokens we can store for praetorians and pegsus (this also include flags), since if we have bought any of the deals for tokens for them we are easily over the max number and any tokens we get from TLC goes to waste.. Alternative would be splitting the tokens in 2 storage slots.. won/redeemed and bought.. or just increase amount we can store quite a bit..
  • nathanbeck
    nathanbeck
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 21
    dlaw001 said:
    Do you guys do any testing at all??!!???!!!???

@FrankL_038 - How is this a step in the right direction???? It was the "best" when it was released....a day later they nerf it...damage and range. Now you say that this is a step in the right direction????? Come on! 

They give you a three course meal, then take it all away bar one entree....wait a little while, then give you a bread roll, and you are happy with that??? especially if you paid for a three course meal which you got in the first place.
    Obviously they didnt test it. But curious did u do any math to how much damage this turret can do? With 8 UAVs the damage it can do  to 1 ship is 11.6 million damage. Seeing that a subj has base armor of 12million that basically kills it in 1 reload and that is with the CURRENT UAV not original.

So basically thats giving someone an all you can eat buffet and taking away half of the food on the buffet. The person will still get full...
    its no def then the temp
    if you 4 4 temps in your base in avg you get 2 some time 3 shock waves 
    and just 1 ba take a half a flt and it has a worse arch then uav so maybe you should do the math at best the u uav would keep player sron sniping and or preping down bases like they been doing if anything i thing i lvl the playing feald i mean just about every long range heavy we got sucks all but like 2

• reefguy
    reefguy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2019 Posts: 34
    Would it be possible to have the following items available in the Pillage prize list?

Hydroatomizer nozzle
    Fuel Air Munitions
    EMP Blast
    Frontline Platform Z-U
    Alloy Panels XM
    Fuel Tank DI-X

• sardonique13
    sardonique13
    Strike-force Captain
    oh goody now i can kill enemies in my base with much more ease! #basehittingisdead
    yeah...you might actually have to think now when hitting a base, rather than just clicking the back of the base and crossing your fingers.  Let's get real, the ONLY stat they altered from the nerf was the min-range increase.  The min-range increase made this turret literally useless.  They did NOT bring it back to its original stats of 240....they brought it back to 265, which will STILL keep it out of the majority of channels.  They made base hitting more interesting and more creative now.  But, I guess for some people....#basehittingisdead.
    sardonique

• Detective_Soulhex129
    Detective_Soulhex129
    Incursion Leader
    yeah...you might actually have to think now when hitting a base, rather than just clicking the back of the base and crossing your fingers.  Let's get real, the ONLY stat they altered from the nerf was the min-range increase.  The min-range increase made this turret literally useless.  They did NOT bring it back to its original stats of 240....they brought it back to 265, which will STILL keep it out of the majority of channels.  They made base hitting more interesting and more creative now.  But, I guess for some people....#basehittingisdead.
    Yeah well ive seen it personally already. If u have the right base design and 8 uavs it basically 1 shots Subj. It kills preps. It kills dreads. Whats left to hit with? Howlers? 5 Gorgons boom keeps those out. Sure the ppl that dont know how to make a base will get lvled but the top meta players will make the unkillable base and boom itll break pvp hitting. Speculate however u like ive already seen it
  • Bob of the North
    Bob of the North
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 293

I suspect that my post will be deleted like all my others but here goes my rant. I just love how my ticket on the UAV nerf has been ignored and most of my friends have had responses and have been given gold for compensation for their ticket. I dont think I claim the UAV on the first day and I didnt even here of the nerf until a day after it was done so am I S#!$ out of luck on compensation? All the bounty points lost, time moving land tiles/turrets and collecting base parts is worth something isnt it?

• Detective_Soulhex129
    Detective_Soulhex129
    Incursion Leader

I suspect that my post will be deleted like all my others but here goes my rant. I just love how my ticket on the UAV nerf has been ignored and most of my friends have had responses and have been given gold for compensation for their ticket. I dont think I claim the UAV on the first day and I didnt even here of the nerf until a day after it was done so am I S#!$ out of luck on compensation? All the bounty points lost, time moving land tiles/turrets and collecting base parts is worth something isnt it?

They gave "compensation" of 4 3d platform tokens and to be frank thats more than enough for a turret that could have been won for free and put in base with 0 coin. For me the only thing that I did change was use 2 2d ship tokens on a gorgon and im fine with that with how this turret will make base defense. Small price to pay for top tier defense
  • mattheusD
    mattheusD
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 422
    lmao give us a real fix yea give me a new baser and its good but dont give me tokens its not te same 
  • sardonique13
    sardonique13
    Strike-force Captain
    Yeah well ive seen it personally already. If u have the right base design and 8 uavs it basically 1 shots Subj. It kills preps. It kills dreads. Whats left to hit with? Howlers? 5 Gorgons boom keeps those out. Sure the ppl that dont know how to make a base will get lvled but the top meta players will make the unkillable base and boom itll break pvp hitting. Speculate however u like ive already seen it
    I've seen it in action as well...I've also seen the new proposed 265 range (as opposed to the original 240 range) in action as well....the 265 range will NOT cover the channel; WITHOUT leaving the turrets themselves open to prep.  That is why they dropped it down to 265, rather than the original 240.
    sardonique

• graham.coel
    graham.coel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 294
    How can Kix put an arc of flight on a UAV and say this is good all other UAVs have no such restrictions come on try and keep the game realistic
  • X7ALPHA
    X7ALPHA
    Potential Threat
    How can Kix put an arc of flight on a UAV and say this is good all other UAVs have no such restrictions come on try and keep the game realistic
    indeed it is quite strange why heavies are directional
  • Detective_Soulhex129
    Detective_Soulhex129
    Incursion Leader
    I've seen it in action as well...I've also seen the new proposed 265 range (as opposed to the original 240 range) in action as well....the 265 range will NOT cover the channel; WITHOUT leaving the turrets themselves open to prep.  That is why they dropped it down to 265, rather than the original 240.
    My turrets arent preppable as it is now with the current 290 range. When the 265 range hits itll make it even more so better for my base
  • sardonique13
    sardonique13
    Strike-force Captain
    My turrets arent preppable as it is now with the current 290 range. When the 265 range hits itll make it even more so better for my base
    yeah...you aren't getting it though....at 240, the turrets were able to cover the channel; which in deed made them very OP.  At 265, the turrets will not be able to cover the channel without making them preppable.  At 265, you will be able to cover the entrance and a BIT into the channel; which with skill, you can minimize the damage to base fleet.  I spent 6 hours in the base planner with range 265 and could NOT come up with a layout where the UAVs had the base fleet in its sights for any longer than the first 10-15 secs of the base hit.
    sardonique

• D_K_SDS7
    D_K_SDS7
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 34
    Sardonique come hit my base you won't even get more then 35% thats how broken PvP is , subj will die before killing the gates and howlers they will never get past 5 gorgons, you can't prep as a prep fleet dies in seconds.... i mean come try you know where i am , then after the hit reconsider your thoughts on PvP
This discussion has been closed.