tides of march tlc

Dave Martin
Dave Martin
Skilled Warrior
Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 520
edited 1 Dec 2019, 1:54PM
kix you gota fix this the damage and turret strength in these is insane. full peg fleet with new armor should be able to do at least pak2 without getting slaughtered and yes its built right.. on top of that nem sat fleet can barely kill one ship even with latest missiles.. there is no strategy in this game anymore only how much coin can be thrown at it... 

• kixeyeuser_1388600479319_1249361144
    kixeyeuser_1388600479319_1249361144
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 226
    These are tuned to having the Peg flag with X1 upgrade (shocker, I know). I would imagine that the damage to your fleet without the extra 13600 deflections would be significant. I have my flag at X1 and in encounters 5 and 6 (raid targets) I take more damage than I did during the raid without it. Saturns do encounters 3 and 4 no problem so not sure what is happening there for you. Encounter 7 takes forever and is one of the more bloated targets I have seen. One hour is pretty tight to get all seven targets done as they are time consuming. At least they gave us an opportunity for Praet tokens I guess.
    Upgrade Pirates is not as fun as Battle Pirates
  • BraeBonnee
    BraeBonnee
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 235
    Tides of March PP3 - No 7 is totally insane as regards length of time to do and the amount of damage thrown at you.  I barely got it done with seconds to spare. It's as if they have attached two or three ops together and the red circles keep on and on and on and your ships are under attack from every quarter.  My full fleet is at X1 and I am now taking way more damage with that fleet than I did in the Raid with no X1.  Something smells rotten in Kixeye Country!
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 5,860
    Tides of March PP3 - No 7 is totally insane as regards length of time to do and the amount of damage thrown at you.  I barely got it done with seconds to spare. It's as if they have attached two or three ops together and the red circles keep on and on and on and your ships are under attack from every quarter.  My full fleet is at X1 and I am now taking way more damage with that fleet than I did in the Raid with no X1.  Something smells rotten in Kixeye Country!
    The x1 upgrade ( more like a downgrade) as I understand it; transfers health from ships with it to other ships but at 50% loss ratio so if one gets damaged the X1 upgraded ships try to heal it. As such you take MORE damage.
  • HOT-COFFEE
    HOT-COFFEE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 239
    if you have the x1 cic on all ships in the fleet  your flag will be the last hull to die 

• Archangel_1
    Archangel_1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 389
    Same experience, fleet all X1, skulled, new CIC, 2 Sprints on each ship, the rest are the Bladed Pinion weps.  Still took about 15 coins with a Sea Serpent crew to complete all 7 rounds in pp2 with literally seconds to spare.  Still have 8 hours of repairs to do after the TLC.  This is totally NUTS damage for "top built" ships and the time and coin to build them.  At 4 million damage dealt per regular Peg it still takes forever to kill stuff, and if you can't get close enough to use the limited arc weapon of the Flag it takes even longer to kill stuff, especially in round 7.

More and more the handwriting is on the wall.
  • FFRODO
    FFRODO
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 77
    kix you gota fix this the damage and turret strength in these is insane. full peg fleet with new armor should be able to do at least pak2 without getting slaughtered and yes its built right.. on top of that nem sat fleet can barely kill one ship even with latest missiles.. there is no strategy in this game anymore only how much coin can be thrown at it... 
    3hrs45 best time so far on mastery pack. Its a lot of driving. Possibly more driving than the prizes are worth but thats up to the individual. The 2 older Nemesis/Saturn waves (3&4) you can banzai to the middle and kill everything quickly for little damage. The newer Pegasus targets waves 1,2,5,6,7 require kiting, using the fog and the wings on the flagship as often as possible. Strategy is definitely required in this TLC. Sea Serpents crew helps massively.
  • ogrish
    ogrish
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 284
    Heck i just use my Saturn fleet to do the 3& 4 waves while my U1 Pegs heal up.  Then I can finish the other waves with Pegs.  No need for Higher upgrades than that.  i do take a ton of damage and the last level is insane, but it is doable with lower level fleets.
  • heat.miser.37
    heat.miser.37
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 365

Let me show you something more insane about No 7 PP3: the time needed to kill all the targets.

The very last two targets and time runs out.  Pic of 1 second left.  Fail and 9 hours of repair.  Ouch!!!  lol

• CptBlackEye-0
    CptBlackEye-0
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 439

Let me show you something more insane about No 7 PP3: the time needed to kill all the targets.

The very last two targets and time runs out.  Pic of 1 second left.  Fail and 9 hours of repair.  Ouch!!!  lol

I timed out of that battle the first time I tried PP3 with over 11hr repairs. I flogged my rowers harder the next time and finished in time.
  • heat.miser.37
    heat.miser.37
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 365

@CptBlackEye-0 said:
    (Quote)
    I timed out of that battle the first time I tried PP3 with over 11hr repairs. I flogged my rowers harder the next time and finished in time.

Well said Friend!

• TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,807

In larger targets like these, I like to keep track of the TLC timer. I started the last stage of pp3 with about 9m left on the TLC - After about 7 minutes, noticing how long the target was taking, I retreated. With 2m left on the TLC, I entered the battle again and had the full battle timer to finish the target. 

Unlike raids, bounty, pillage, etc. with hard timers, where the event shuts down even if you are mid-target,  TLC timers will not end while you are engaged with the target - obviously if you haven't completed all the stages it will end upon exiting the target. As long as you engage the final stage with seconds left on the TLC timer and you finish that target, you will receive the proper prize payout. 
    I have a hard time believing that we are dealing with a company that is brilliantly scamming us AND entirely incompetent. 

This is a private company in a capitalist market trying to make money - your money. Give it to them, or don't - but don't fault them for trying. 
  • BraeBonnee
    BraeBonnee
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 235

In larger targets like these, I like to keep track of the TLC timer. I started the last stage of pp3 with about 9m left on the TLC - After about 7 minutes, noticing how long the target was taking, I retreated. With 2m left on the TLC, I entered the battle again and had the full battle timer to finish the target. 

Unlike raids, bounty, pillage, etc. with hard timers, where the event shuts down even if you are mid-target,  TLC timers will not end while you are engaged with the target - obviously if you haven't completed all the stages it will end upon exiting the target. As long as you engage the final stage with seconds left on the TLC timer and you finish that target, you will receive the proper prize payout. 
    I was totally unaware of this.  Thanks for letting us know.  
  • Dergree
    Dergree
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 5
    Not true on timer for me. Started lvl 7 of PP3 with 4:30 on TLC timer. Took 8 or 9 mins to complete and got pop up after completion saying "Your active campaign has expired - reactivate and try again". This TLC seems to have a hard 60 minute time limit, while others you have the full 15 mins (Son of Poseidon) if start the last level before the TLC timer runs out.