Are you happy whit te nerf of SILVERSTRIKE UAV HEAVY TURRET?

mattheusD
mattheusD
Skilled Warrior
Joined May 2014 Posts: 422

Are you happy whit te nerf of SILVERSTRIKE UAV HEAVY TURRET? 200 votes

yes
4%
patriciarD'SteelpadreprinceTRUCULENT2Alpha__Wolfkixeyeuser_1454682405376_119040265148295Billy WebbNATO20 8 votes
no
89%
Wayne-KerHarry.SementoandycoopsTatay Pinoyskoupiranha007USS_DA302Maximize_dkmel1987Evil_Scotsmanrutroochris_gJay TTerry Wjoeyladnippsy2arnastcookieonetwomaddadsardonique13 178 votes
bacon
7%
BattlefatigueHoot343yarrpyDazzXPel-toletewing-dang-doodleBANZAI09Dan GibsonT00TXziizX 2.0carl.wear.3KFJ_DKDetective_Soulhex129warcher 14 votes
  • PChicken
    PChicken
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2018 Posts: 48
    no
    I can understand giving into the whales and lowering the damage some, but the range is really stupid.  Well maybe not stupid but typical KIXEYE.  
    WLL THE WHALES WILL BE PLAYING ON THERE OWN FROM NOW ON HAVE FUN 
  • thomas.hannan.750
    thomas.hannan.750
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 3
    no
    aint about wales   lol its about balance  the nerf on range and arc  is good  and dam should of been nerfed some but they over did it  like it was made basilisks obsolete.  like it is now makes it useless.  add some dam back to stop basils with limited coverage like they nerfed to and it will be usable to block some snipable spots.  they just over nerfed it in a rush

• Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 958
    it was way too powerful, not happy with the range changes, BUT all in all it was OP

Snoopy
  • MotherFugger
    MotherFugger
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 11
    no
    No   put it at that.

Your Nothing But a Hound Dog, Crying all the Time!
  • Chris Evans
    Chris Evans
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 13
    no
    should of left it as it was...we spent our points to get it just so kix can take it away.....**** thing is worthless now..kix needs to refund coin spent and resources also some coined to get er done...what a joke now
  • Chris Evans
    Chris Evans
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 13
    no
    if you cry babies cant handle the change stfu and leave...there is always war commander or some other shiit to play..
  • dog7456
    dog7456
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 31
    as always one of the big alliance cry about it because she a MOD for kix and just like that it get Nerf ed  
  • david.drake.9678067
    david.drake.9678067
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 796
    no
    I can totally see the nerf on damage, but not arc and ranges on top of that, one nerf too many
  • FrankL_038
    FrankL_038
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 82
    no
    What are the odds Kix will reverse the nerf ??
  • rutroo
    rutroo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 779
    no
    they nerfed damage to much 1/4 shouldve been not half the damage
  • dilligaffo8
    dilligaffo8
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 6
    no
    what this site does to player is unethical and right out stealing yes i coin some but when i coin to get a specific prize then the whales started crying foul we taking more damage now costing us more coin oh boo hoo i didnt hear you complain when the breachers came and walked through lower bases with little damage  kix didnt nerf them now did they but they gave the criers sympathy towels and boosted the basilisk range by double they didnt get put back to what they originally had did ya kix. still remember when they nerfed the revenge  so what i say   is take your silverstreak back gives us back our that we spent neft the basilisks and breacher [this should open a can of worms] and see what happens yup we [kix] gladly take your money and screw you over time and time again
  • BANZAI09
    BANZAI09
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 199
    bacon
    Screw Pirates or Coin Pirates is a better name for this joke
  • FrankL_038
    FrankL_038
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 82
    no
    Any chances Kix changes the UAV turret back to original stats on Monday?
  • Nicholas Saysell
    Nicholas Saysell
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 16
    if you advertize a iteam then nerf it then thats false advertizing as your not getting said iteam that people wanted, so there for a refund to all people who baught the uav turret is in order i belive or at least some points back,
  • cokacolacowboy
    cokacolacowboy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 46
    no
    i decided to not do the bounty becouse of this reason perhaps they need to compleat before relising it in a bounty it will only hurt them 
  • graham.coel
    graham.coel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 294
    It is an no use at all now might as well withdraw item or re nerf it to be more usefull a massive refund is due to those who paid coin to get it andwasted 20,000 points Rebuild tokens is an insult to players time and effort in Bounty, and A lot of players paticipated because bases needed this type of weapon.
  • xXMudBoneXx
    xXMudBoneXx
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2019 Posts: 27
    I equipped this turret only one before I got hit. a fleet of five Subjugators couldn't make it to a land tile before they was rusting at the bottom of my seas. So yes it was Overpowered, however the Nerf was also overpowered. this needs a total rethink on the teams part.

Also start doing some real testing before you release something new to the game Kix, you can't draw things up say oh this is awesome the players will love it. There has to be true testing not just numbers on a CPU screen.   
  • NATO20
    NATO20
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2019 Posts: 4
    yes
    what they should have done was limit it to 1 a base so that it is not over powered in use
  • Neko Hanekawa
    Neko Hanekawa
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 69
    no
    NATO20 said:
    what they should have done was limit it to 1 a base so that it is not over powered in use
    if you want to go by that logic they should limit base hitting ships to 1 per fleet, cant have a full fleet of something thats over powered as you say.

• Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,317
    Its still a very effective weapon, now you need more than 1 to do it.  

If it was left as it was, the OPness of it would total throw out of wack the power-curve they are trying to maintain.

Initially, I wasn't happy either.  But after seeing some bases with 5 of the originally tuned weapons destroy every fleet that tried to get in, I can understand why they did it.

Now, after the adjustment the weapon is more in line of expectations of what players expect to encounter inside our bases.  It can now be beaten, but it will take skill.

Ok, what would I like to be changed about it.  I'd like the min range to be set to its original stat or even less so it does more than cover the door only.
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,614
    edited 2 Dec 2019, 5:29PM
    Laredo said:

If it was left as it was, the OPness of it would total throw out of wack the power-curve they are trying to maintain.

Initially, I wasn't happy either.  But after seeing some bases with 5 of the originally tuned weapons destroy every fleet that tried to get in, I can understand why they did it.

Now, after the adjustment the weapon is more in line of expectations of what players expect to encounter inside our bases.  It can now be beaten, but it will take skill.

Ok, what would I like to be changed about it.  I'd like the min range to be set to its original stat or even less so it does more than cover the door only.
    In some ways Laredo I have to disagree with your assessment. They SHOULD HAVE TESTED IT FIRST~!!!. They did not. They should have lowered the damage incrementally-they didnt. They should have left the firing arc the same, they cut it by MORE than 50%.  They also increased the firing time by 2 sec per round. INCREASED the minimum range was another thing unnecessary.
    Our biggest complaint Laredo is the capitulation to this one alliance and the handful of people in it that very demonstrably shapes Kixeys's opinion in this game at the expense of the majority. This IS NOT the first time we have seen this capitulation to them. It destroys the morale of other players who clearly do not appear to be nearly as important as them. Sure, money talks, but as others have pointed out, if those whales keep losing other players to play against what will the point be?
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 5,860
    bacon
    Laredo said:

My biggest concern with the nerf is history repeating itself. Remember when the halo missile and the meteor mort were nerfed due to being too overpowered. And then within a month or less out came the next generation of overpowered basers and base defense was so useless people just pulled their guard fleets. Now if only they hadn't of been nerfed they would of helped in base defense against the newer ships. We are nearly into the new year with T9 ships expected to come out. Will we have a repeat of before where the only thing that would have given base defense any hope against the next generation of basers is the UN-nerfed uav turrets??????

Also I agree that the min range stat needs to go back and maybe the firing arc one as well.
  • Admiral Hawk
    Admiral Hawk
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 65
    no
    I am not happy about it not because they did it cause they needed to but for a few reasons 1. it seems the developers never even tested it or if they did they did not think about the base specials players have at there disposal to increase its stats. 2. it was overpowered but when they nerfed it they seemed to have over done the nerf with them slashing every key stat it had. I just feel a few minutes of testing would have shown there error. I think what frustrates players so much is they release these weapons that are obviously way overpowered and then all the players rush to get them then within a short amount of time they are nerfed leading back to the question would i have spent the points to get it if the stats were what they are after the nerf.

• kobe1312
    kobe1312
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 53
    edited 3 Dec 2019, 5:12AM
    no
    Number one, it should have been tested prior to deployment
    Number two, the nerf should have been done in increments and tested

People either worked their butts off or coined like mad to win the only new tech offered in this Bounty and you substitute it with garbage after it has been won, then make a pathetic offer of defense build coins. Pffft
  • Detective_Soulhex129
    Detective_Soulhex129
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,465
    bacon
    I personally cant believe they released the turret without testing it. It seems they released it even without looking at the stat block.

Facts: The original was too OP. It would have killed base hitting. Bases would have been unkillable. Theres something wrong with a turret when someone enters the base and instantly dies.

The First Nerf wasnt enough. Yes it does suck that the minimum range got increased and the arc but it limited how to use it. Dont be confused and think its unusable. In certain designed bases it could still be as deadly as the original. The first nerf damage can be 11.5million damage for 8 UAVs per ship. That means that 8 UAVs can basically 1 shot a 12million armor subj on 1 reload. (and dont forget that it chains to other ships so that 1 shots all the other ships).

The Buff: No change in damage means it still will 1 shot basers other than howlers but with less minimum range means people can fire closer. So its still going to exactly the same damage as the first nerf except it made it better because of the minimum range.

If this stays then base hitting will be over which ultimately will lose money for kix. Base hitting revenue is the top payment of this game WHEN it is balanced (which is rare). But why should this concern anyone who doesnt base hit? well just imagine if they arent getting revenue from base hitting and fail to fix the problem (like they are doing now) then they will push to get revenue in other means. This could mean more events, LTOs, upgrades etc and they will push these hard.

I just ask that before shouting "NERF" or "The turret is crap" please at least either do the math (correctly or find someone that can do it correctly like mods) or test it because sure 1 or 2 UAVs may not look over powered but with tests of 8 UAVs the power of these things are evident.
    Image result for detective pikachu gif"