Silverstrike UAV is overpowered nerfed?

• Tatay Pinoy
    Tatay Pinoy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 165
    edited 30 Nov 2019, 10:53AM
    The only "just" compensation in the Silverstrike Turret mess is let us equip this now useless turret to a platform without the need for a transformer. Limited to 2 installations. 

Or give us back the 20K bounty points. We bought a sniper rifle now you made it a nerf gun.
  • fuxxyou
    fuxxyou
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2018 Posts: 46
    i got 3 of the new turrets  im not upset about the nerf  i relize that kix do this sort of thing a lot.hence why i havent coined for 5/6 mths    its nothing more than stealing from them thats pent money to get it....the answer is   STOP COINING   but still people will coin and moan   not me anymore

• Lusca99
    Lusca99
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 46
    When the pet Kix whales cry they react instantly -they fact that base defense was the underdog does not matter - balance ?????
  • OleFart
    OleFart
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 140
    Kixeye-no offense here but you can't be serious with the nerf. Did you even look at what you did in a real base? You essentially made it useless now. The firing arc is about 30% of what it was before. and the didnt decrease the minimum range YOU INCREASED IT. Even at my furthest point on my base I can't get it touch my land. This makes absolutely ZERO SENSE. This isnt a nerf-PERIOD. You may as well just take it back. It is of essentially no value now. Come on guys-You go from overpowered to useless. The firing arc was FINE!!!!! Just leave the thing the way it was and decrease the damage-that was ALL YOU NEEDED TO DO>
    never seen you talk rubbish before. Why change anything. Just goes to show how incompetent KixEye are and I hope someone fines a way to sue them because what they did/do is a breach. Someone said that kix are going to give structure build tokens as compensation. If they want to compensate then they need to give everyone that claimed the weapon 1000 gold which costs them nothing but pays back the players who may have coined repairs, wasted time doing an event where the prizes were as silly as the raids but most importantly says that they stuffed up and want the communities support and continued patronage. 
  • mattheusD
    mattheusD
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 588
    What nonsense .. I heat a base with this uav but didn't mind ... What did I do I attack another base to win the points grab the uav and build it in 1 or 2 hours and what does kix do? Let's sell it for 20k, a turret of 10k when almost everyone has it, we will make it useless 😣🤐 give them back money !!!!!!
  • mattheusD
    mattheusD
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 588
    What nonsense .. I heat a base with this uav but didn't mind ... What did I do I attack another base to win the points grab the uav and build it in 1 or 2 hours and what does kix do? Let's sell it for 20k, a turret of 10k when almost everyone has it, we will make it useless 😣🤐 give them back money !!!!!!
  • SCYTHE60
    SCYTHE60
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 323
    yea well the limited UAV ihan more damage than the silverstike so why have it as a heavy, looks like another turret i wel scrap cause it's useless now gee thanks kixeye looks like it's almost time to quit this game let the crybabies have it.
  • SiN Of PRiDE
    SiN Of PRiDE
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 12
    The howler users must of cried hard hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • kixeyeuser_1370105303294_22767_274225485
    kixeyeuser_1370105303294_22767_274225485
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 44
    only thing i care is : i did buy a product and the give me some other product
    If i know i dont get what i buy
    Than i dont buy it at all
    and buy something different

• FrankL_038
    FrankL_038
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 123
    Its incredible how this team doesn't know how to run a company. I'm glad I don't own stock here...lol
  • michael.underwood.5
    michael.underwood.5
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 79
    So, the silverstrike UAV and been reduced from 70 thousand damage to 35 thousand damage. Kixs, you have made this UAV useless. The current UAV for regular turrets Lucandea does 59,398 damage. So, it makes the Silverstrike useless since it does less damage than the older UAV. What sense does that make KIxeye? I have done spent 20,000 points to get the Silverstrike that does 70,000 damage and you all go and change the stats to it to make it useless.
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,420
    edited 30 Nov 2019, 1:54PM
    So, the silverstrike UAV and been reduced from 70 thousand damage to 35 thousand damage. Kixs, you have made this UAV useless. The current UAV for regular turrets Lucandea does 59,398 damage. So, it makes the Silverstrike useless since it does less damage than the older UAV. What sense does that make KIxeye? I have done spent 20,000 points to get the Silverstrike that does 70,000 damage and you all go and change the stats to it to make it useless.
    The Lucanidae has a salvo of 4, so the damage it does per hit has to be divided by 4 first. Additionally, penetrative damage specials can be stacked for more damage (the maximum damage boost without faction boost and one slot reserved for Zynthium Powercells) is 96%, compared to 65% for concussive.

That being said, I find it excessive that Kixeye nerfed not one aspect of the Silverstrike, but FIVE OF THEM SIMULTANEOUSLY. Chain range, damage, minimum range, reload time, and firing arc have all been tossed down the gutter. Why does Kix like to be so excessive with their tuning? Do their devs even play the game properly? They have Kix employee bases so i assume some actually do play this game, so why are they so bad at it?
    Playing this game is like trying to row a boat up a waterfall.
  • richard.shipp.58766
    richard.shipp.58766
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 80
    If it was overpowered you should have tested it and adjusted prior to offering it and people spending to get it.

To put it out, then nerf it after we've mounted it and then offer up tokens as an apology is just not acceptable.  

You'll soon realize that this type of action will upset the players that coin the most.  
  • Luke1979
    Luke1979
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 87

With all the changes kix has made to the new Silverstrike UAV turret I have crunched the numbers and here is what I have found.

The damage you can get with all bonus, and boosts currently in game is 202,641. This still makes it more damage than the heavy scatters, thunderclap rockets and non-critical thunderlord mortars. The major drawback now is the range, reload and firing arc.

The range is now 290 - 450, the minimum range is now so bad a savvy hitter can almost avoid it by hugging land right up to your channel entrance.

Reload after the Fire support 10% boost is a slow 12.6

The firing arc is now 90 degrees.

I'm afraid to say that after the kix nerf despite the dmg not being terrible, it appears the new UAV turret is effectively useless. All the other lower damage turrets will inflict more damage over time than the few, if your lucky, shots any UAV's will get.

So in my opinion don't go out of your way to get this turret installed in your base. Kix may see a little sense and re-adjust some stats back up a little as there is already a lot of complaining so this may all change.

I want to make it clear, this is just my opinion, use the information here to decide for yourselves if you want the turret.

Battle Pirates is NOT a game, it's a Lifestyle!!  :)
  • Alexa the BAE
    Alexa the BAE
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 603
    edited 30 Nov 2019, 2:13PM
    Classic underhanded back stabbing. Collect your money then comes the treachery.

Original UAV Turret

NOW USE OF 2 DEFENSE PLATFORMS WILL NOT EVEN REPLACE THE PRODUCT WE WERE SOLD
    TO MAKE IT WORK ""AS INTENDED"" REQUIRES IT TO BE PLACED SO FAR BACK THAT IS EASILY HIT

"a computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing"
  • Diaza
    Diaza
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3
    conmen
    black mamba
  • Michael Ventura
    Michael Ventura
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 163
    its called fraud call your card up and get all your money for all of bounty back cant sell something then take it back or change it
  • Bj_W1
    Bj_W1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 73

Getting items just to find out your developers & it seem that kixeye in general enjoy the Bait & Switch! Players spend REAL Money on this game, just to find after getting an item. U go & NURF it. Then u SAY, I'll compensate you with some pixels. There are two winners here. 1st & foremost.....Kixeye, Second , the Whiners that complain about not being able to get in a base. I've played this game long enough to know that within weeks. There will be something out there to counter the latest & greatest that kixeye had to offer. Hope someone besides the players in the game read this......Yes I'll post this all over FB & Forum!
  • M-Townloco
    M-Townloco
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 43
    This is some BS Kix, I grinded for 3 days to get 20k to get a turret to help my base.  I then spent resources and base parts building it, then you completely change it after I buy it.  WTF....  This is outright theft and you guys suck.  No wonder everyone is quitting this chitty game.  Heres my guess, your whales hit a lower base with these turrets and got smoked and cried and you bent the knee...  F'en joke
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,576
    also cut the damage in half 
  • Tee One
    Tee One
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 47
    Come on Kix, after playing for about 8 years even i think this move is crazy. 
  • Seasick-Nick
    Seasick-Nick
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 379
    edited 30 Nov 2019, 3:51PM
    Easy option - remove the turret from the game as they made such a terrible job of its implementation. Refund whatever points people have spent on it so they can choose something else from bounty. I'm glad I sat this one out :)
    Repeat after me - T U R R E T S. Now stop calling them TURRENTS you idiot.
  • rob.smart45
    rob.smart45
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 59
    hmmm seems like it was alright when kixeye was using them in the kixeye employees bases (before they were even available to us). but now we have put in the seat time, coined, used tokens, base parts ect. they are overpowered strange how quick they can do things when it suits them.
  • Little_Dean
    Little_Dean
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 111
    Seems to me that KIXEYE is only interested in the high rollers, so they only listen to them and their whining and crying.  I didn't get around to claiming the weapon and I'm glad I didn't, but I worked hard to get enough points to add it to my list of things to get from the bounty.  So what do I get for my efforts.  SQUAT. 

• FrankL_038
    FrankL_038
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 123
    Watch next month another new turret, weapon in bounty...and bang !!  Nerf again. Why even bother playing this game??? 
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,743
    I skipped the bounty this time since there was no real prizes and was worried about missing this turret a little. I feel a lot better now.  Thap pic was  funny and a good examination oif the industrial pirate  powers and their disregard for  worldmap warming and the melting jump towers.

ahava veshalom