vxp static ships

fozze the pirate
fozze the pirate
Minor Nuisance
Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 295
i thought vxp event was opportunity to rank up any fleets, ships to help progress,,, but how the hell do i rank my warden and houndmaster then because nothing moves ???? and shouldnt really have to purposely send in another ship to try to get things moving as bait ,,, confused
  • Yabanut
    Yabanut
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 302
    send in a conq hull, i used my Impact Cruiser with combat speed 92 to draw the ships in the 122 on the left, and parked it in the fog lower down, then they target your defender hull, in my case my Houndmaster, could also try using a Missile Cruise, not has quick as Impact, but if you go straight for fog bank as soon as you set them off, you should make it, or very little damage instant in base repair :)
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 561
    edited 23 Nov 2019, 3:53PM

Missile Cruiser can also be made close to indestructible and will draw fire for a VERY long time before eventually dying, then have a really short repair time. The only problem is it cannot be launched along with conqs/defs, so won't do any good for ranking them. They are quite handy as blockers in other Assault targets, provided tier restrictions allow them in.

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • david_benware
    david_benware
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 151
    i thought vxp event was opportunity to rank up any fleets, ships to help progress,,, but how the hell do i rank my warden and houndmaster then because nothing moves ???? and shouldnt really have to purposely send in another ship to try to get things moving as bait ,,, confused
    That is what the defender tokens are for.
  • Yabanut
    Yabanut
    Skilled Warrior

Missile Cruiser can also be made close to indestructible and will draw fire for a VERY long time before eventually dying, then have a really short repair time. The only problem is it cannot be launched along with conqs/defs, so won't do any good for ranking them. They are quite handy as blockers in other Assault targets, provided tier restrictions allow them in.

Ok, i meant the Missile Storm Cruiser with it being a conq and build time probably a lot less than the Missile Cruiser that was even further back in time, plus most have ranked up MSC's......lol
  • Alexa the BAE
    Alexa the BAE
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 673
    edited 24 Nov 2019, 3:31PM
    It's quite simple. Have someone prep vxp target.
    Then you finish it and receive defender vxp tokens to rank your non moving ships.
    "a computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing"
  • Adom_M
    Adom_M
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 552
    Just put an insta rep gun boat in there to draw the ships.
    Never lose sight that this is a game, its not life and death!!!
  • Yabanut
    Yabanut
    Skilled Warrior
    Adom_M said:
    Just put an insta rep gun boat in there to draw the ships.
    Tryed using a gb a few months ago, but it will not let you launch a conq or def class with other classes any more
  • fozze the pirate
    fozze the pirate
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 295
    thanks for responses peeps, greatly appreciated, and thanks for the informative info david, if only i had thought of using defender tokens sooner, cheers
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,604
    Closing, issue resolved.
This discussion has been closed.