9.47 Discussion Thread (FM Week)

• Blitzfinger44
    Blitzfinger44
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 411
    CM Chris said:
    In regards to new content vs the Upgrade Kit inventory - one requires design and one requires engineering. They're mutually exclusive things. So it's not that we sacrificed the Inventory in order to put out a new hull, it's that we're focusing on HTML5 and keeping the existing game stable instead of doing that Inventory. And it's also true that maintaining a baseline of new content is the only thing that will keep the lights on in this game whereas letting the Upgrade Kit Inventory sit in the backlog until we're done with HTML5 is not going to be the end of the world. So even if those two things were in direct competition with one another, yes we would absolutely let the new content win, because we have to maintain that baseline.

See this I think is part of the problem.  You see this as a minor inconvenience that can wait.  Many of us see it as a major problem with the game that adversely affects prize purchasing decisions, and worse, a symptom of a bigger problem with development in general, the longer it goes unaddressed..  The new content, new tech, new hulls and new raids/events are not just design.  Anything with stats or new mechanics like fixed firing arcs or fog are engineering and require back-end programming, which I'm sure is far more complex than output of a list.  Since we can see the number of kits in the shipyard, storage of that data is done.  It simply needs to be displayed somewhere.

I appreciate the discussion, Chris.  I'm not trying to come off like a toxic malcontent, but I just don't buy this, and it doesn't give me a good feeling about the future of the game, currently held hostage by the indefinite wait for HTML5.

• dlaw001
    dlaw001
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 308
    The problem is CM Chris, is that the "team" releases "stuff" without testing........and then all these other things come up........

Going back to your 4 points that the team supposedly ask themselves, I would posit an addition - ask an actual player of the game - not a team member that plays occasionally but an actual player - that may ease up a lot of "issues" with comments here on the forum
  • PiratePeteX
    PiratePeteX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 194
    I used to hit the 131's and get 2 hours repair. My fleet is incomplete, I'm slowly tinkering it when I can afford the shipyard space (which, TBH, is never, as I'm seriously struggling building up a pegasus fleet, and last raid I only managed to build 4 Dragoons which all needed to be refitted).

So I hit this new target, and complete it, for 9 hours repair!!! Don't you think that's a bit off for a target that should provide an equal experience?

My gameplay is now log on, do some minor base tinkering, hit a target for 10 minutes play, start a repair, and log off. Your design decisions are no longer engaging the player base to play and pay.

Looking at the points, the limited should be 10 million, and the non-limited should be 25 million. Introducing this 70 million point prize is leading to points escalating into the realms of the ridiculousness, and you'll very soon have to do a points refactor, and that will annoy players (those that are still around) even more!
  • kixeyeuser_1388600479319_1249361144
    kixeyeuser_1388600479319_1249361144
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 271

CM Chris said

The first bullet point. Something we've also wanted to add since the launch of Upgrade Kits. It's in the backlog, but 'implementation is a matter of resourcing and time'.

In regards to new content vs the Upgrade Kit inventory - one requires design and one requires engineering. They're mutually exclusive things.

I beg to differ. Adding the upgrades to the game required both engineering and design. It was a very intentional change. The fact that the design for new content lacked the engineering to create a positive user experience is obvious and the blame rests squarely on Kixeye. We all understand that Kixeye needs new product to sell, all we ask is that the product is worth buying.
    Upgrade Pirates is not as fun as Battle Pirates
  • fozze the pirate
    fozze the pirate
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 295
    wonder if its worth not posting anything in discussion anymore then,,, so if the players numbers do drop then at least kixeye will have to pull there fingers from there arses and sit down and figure it out themselves...!
  • Silver Stefaans
    Silver Stefaans
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 440
    I had a good giggle at the 70 mil armor in the FM, wonder who will be desperate enough to get it. Stillkix must think we are hard-up  :o
  • Mark_G323
    Mark_G323
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 123
    Dear Kix, 
    the FM is a chore (not fun), its a chore that allows us to get stuff we need to sail around and sink things (thats the fun bit), and to be fair we have lots of chores, but some dont take too long, but when a chore becomes the dominant need to either play for hours just doing chores to get a few mins of fun, then that is the issue, which is worsened when you add massive amounts needed to get armours, etc , 
  • MozardMT
    MozardMT
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 80
    wonder if its worth not posting anything in discussion anymore then,,, so if the players numbers do drop then at least kixeye will have to pull there fingers from there arses and sit down and figure it out themselves...!
    Player numbers dont need to drop. I propose that people who spend on this game abstain from doing so for just a month and see what action Kixeye takes. Whether they listen to us, or whether they pack up shop and disappear.
  • Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 999
    There are two things wrong with the NOVEMBER SHIPWRECKS briefing:

#1... 'Take your new Bayonets fleet out'... are you kidding? Most players were locked out of the raid and gave up. The hull was only available last week and whole fleets will not be built yet by almost all players. Especially when we need to refit our FM fleets to cope with mid-level FM targets. Because high level FM targets are ridiculous damage.

#2... random drop for prizes. How many times to players need to tell you that they hate this game mechanic. I am not going to hit one target if I am going to win a lot of junk I don't need. NOT PLAYING THAT GAME!

Kixeye/Stillfront when are you going to listen to your player base and make the game fun?

Personally I am more than happy that shipwrecks is something I do not need to do, as it was before, it was a gamebreaker, people who didn't take part used to get more points than those that did take part

Snoopy
  • David.C
    David.C
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 139
    if you bring it down any then theyll do another so called update again to screw everyone again.all the owners of this game are the same.destroy the game and rob the players,nothing more

Out on the street they would be referred to as pickpockets. 
This discussion has been closed.