9.47 Discussion Thread (FM Week)

• X7ALPHA
    X7ALPHA
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 87
    Xevian said:
    X7ALPHA said:

Ok a quick comparison of numbers

New folded F2 XM only have 2000 of each of the two surviveabilities compared to the only 1 surviveability of 5000 on each isotope.

But they have 500,000 health more than the isotopes at 200,000 health compared to 150,000 of the isotopes.

So on a 6 armor slot ship like a praetorian

3 of each isotope at 5000 surviveability and 150,000 health
    15000 x and 15000 m surviveability
    And 6 x 150,000 health = 900,000 health

Or 6 x new folded F2 xm
    6 x 2000 surviveability and 6 x 200,000 health
    12000 of each surviveability and 1,200,000 health

Not sure whats best here. Personal preference i suppose...
    do you want more health or more surviveability?

Another thing to consider is weight. 1000t (isotope) vs 1250t (F2)

That extra 300k HP that you get from F2s is quite irrelevant up in the higher targets.

Also just 1xF2 available in each cycle tells you how irrelevant it is contrary to its 70mil cost.
    If you upgrade your praetorians to U1 it automatically adds 2.2 million health/armor, which is way more than the bonus from the new folded F2-XM armors.  You can keep your isotope armors and just upgrade to U1, no need to refit armors or do a mix and match and watch your penetrative/explosive survival stats drop if you use the F2-XM armor.
    Survivability is important. It allows your ships to RESIST more damage.
  • XVIII-Luna
    XVIII-Luna
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 546
    edited 20 Nov 2019, 8:47AM
    (Edited)
    Started in 2011, sector 19.
  • CPTCOOK FLEET
    CPTCOOK FLEET
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 27

Mr chillie how are we going to get 70.000.000 points wen the points for fm are rubbish

CPTCOOK
  • X7ALPHA
    X7ALPHA
    Potential Threat

Mr chillie how are we going to get 70.000.000 points wen the points for fm are rubbish

Kixeye wants you to hit 133/137 ~5-6x times and coin the the repairs after each hit.
  • warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,953

@X7ALPHA said:

Also just 1xF2 available in each cycle tells you how irrelevant it is contrary to its 70mil cost.

Folded ferrite F2 is only 1 redeem as it is unlimited..

Redeem once use infinite times.

Once you own it you dont need to redeem it each week.
    It is unlimited use.

• HOT-COFFEE
    HOT-COFFEE
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 318
    its very easy  just hit around 400 120 s   you should have time to do that over the week
  • X7ALPHA
    X7ALPHA
    Potential Threat

@X7ALPHA said:

It is unlimited use.

But is it worth 70mil though?
  • Reznor71
    Reznor71
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 29
    Dreaded said:
    Tomorrow we find out if we continue to play this game. When the FM becomes un-manageable I and many others will likely throw in the towel. This time (not that you or anyone cares) I won't return.
    The new Captains of Kix appear to be taking a Take No Prisoners approach to it's player base. Not conducive to anything remotely similar to a long-term relationship.
    All we have to decide is what to do with the time we are given.
    - Mithrandir
  • Reznor71
    Reznor71
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 29
    X7ALPHA said:

Kixeye wants you to hit 133/137 ~5-6x times and coin the the repairs after each hit.
    With a decent Prae fleet, you can gather their crumbs relatively easily. Pray don't coin though ;)

All we have to decide is what to do with the time we are given.
    - Mithrandir
  • CPTCOOK FLEET
    CPTCOOK FLEET
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 27

Bills come first

CPTCOOK
  • KayJayBee
    KayJayBee
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2019 Posts: 36
    Just to point at the elephant in the room that nobody seems to have commented on "A new Praetorian target - The 131 has been removed and replaced with the 133. This target primarily does penetrative damage, so similar builds should be viable without needing to refit. However, as it’s a new target, expect to need new tactics/strategies to efficiently defeat the target." Does anybody really expect that we will see less, or even similar, damage from this new target when comparted to the 131?

I say obviously not given they have increased the payout by 1.5 million and having seen this mob in action for a while now you can bet that measly point increase will come at considerable cost, particularly looking at what sort of increases are done to the praetorians via the upgrades. I give you the tip, it does not bode well for us. 

It now appears that, according to the post from CM Chris, that we aren't likely to get much in the way of answers to any questions that we post here now and he seems to be saying "Trust us". As we all know, trust left the building long ago after having been dealt with by the rough end of a pineapple far too many times.
  • warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,953

@X7ALPHA said:
    (Quote)

That is up to the player.

70 million once and you can kit out all your garrison ships. 30 armor slots for a prae fleet.

Or you can grind 30 isotopes at 6 a week over 5 weeks

At 6 x 25 mil or 150 mil fm points a week

To fill out your 30 armour slots.

Ypu decide whats better. I am just pointing out 2 routes available to the player.

• Chief_Barney
    Chief_Barney
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 415
    dlaw001 said:
    • [Events] In the FM, the 137 target’s structure resist specials were not working as intended. They are now working, so ships with damage other than explosive and penetrative will now do less damage. As this only impacts non-Garrison damage types, it should not affect the performance of Praetorians in any way.
    So a change has been made.....

will it or will it not affect the Prae's?? You should be testing this now to ENSURE that THERE IS NO affect to the Prae's.... or if we the players do the QA testing for you - PAY US!!!!!!!!
    So anyone who was hiiting 137s was taking excessive unnecessary damage, Typical KIX rollout not tested properly.
  • RABBIT1
    RABBIT1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,192
    dlaw001 said:
    • [Events] In the FM, the 137 target’s structure resist specials were not working as intended. They are now working, so ships with damage other than explosive and penetrative will now do less damage. As this only impacts non-Garrison damage types, it should not affect the performance of Praetorians in any way.
    So a change has been made.....

will it or will it not affect the Prae's?? You should be testing this now to ENSURE that THERE IS NO affect to the Prae's.... or if we the players do the QA testing for you - PAY US!!!!!!!!
    So anyone who was hiiting 137s was taking excessive unnecessary damage, Typical KIX rollout not tested properly.
    I don't think that is what kix is saying Chief,
    I believe some players had worked out that if they attacked the 137 with a different fleet, it could prep out some of the ships etc, I believe what they have done is increase the resistant's to some damage etc.
    So in effect, in theory praets shouldn't be effected, they will still take the same level of damage.

Of course its fcked everyone who had worked out how to lower the damage taken with their praets.
    What me cynical, no, never, maybe!!, well I have been playing kix games for over 3 years.
    Remember its just a game, your life doesn't rely on you being the best.
    Sectors visited :- Who cares, been to some killed some stuff moved on.
    Hulls :- Yep got some and some have guns and stuff
  • ogrish
    ogrish
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 318
    70 millions points for new armor does seem very high, but making them unlimited does make this nasty medicine taste a little better.  Might take the whole week to get 70 million, but might be worth it.  Just depends on how horrible the new Prae target is....
  • Thorninuraxx
    Thorninuraxx
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 31
    So what did 9.47 do to the game since no one can log in?  Everyone I speak with is getting a connection reset on the screen when we try to load it.
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,230

@X7ALPHA said:

It is unlimited use.

That still doesn't justify the insane cost. I suppose you will also be happy when limited weapons soon cost 200mil each.
  • Serpents_Soul
    Serpents_Soul
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,749
    You know what? F that 40mil/70mil armor. Keep it, Kix. Just like you can keep the 25mil armor. When the time comes that i HAVE to have it.. Im done. I see me being done with this game coming very soon. 
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,230
    So what did 9.47 do to the game since no one can log in?  Everyone I speak with is getting a connection reset on the screen when we try to load it.
    You using FB or Kix site? I have no problems getting in through kix site but haven't tried on FB.
  • Thorninuraxx
    Thorninuraxx
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 31
    You using FB or Kix site? I have no problems getting in through kix site but haven't tried on FB.
          Ive used both kix and FB and am getting the same connection reset.  Im also using Chrome.  Im trying Firefox now but its hanging up so far,  new download might have to add extensions or something to it.
  • MuddyWolf
    MuddyWolf
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 341
    Just hit the new 133. Lag was so bad couldn't tell what was going on. Ships and shots skating all over the place and hard to control. 7 hours 38 minutes damage. Maybe I'll get to hit 2 targets tomorrow.
    “It’s easy for others to lose their focus on quality,” That’s where we are laser-focused.”
    “If users are more engaged, they naturally spend more money.”
    “We don’t throw the ecosystem out of whack. A free player who spends a lot of time in the game has as much chance as a whale who spends a lot of money.”
    “It’s all a balance ecosystem.”
    Will Harbin     [VentureBeat - March 16, 2012]
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,743
    edited 20 Nov 2019, 11:34PM
    X7ALPHA said:

@X7ALPHA said:

It is unlimited use.

it is cheaper thanthe limited ones that were previously 25 mill. The worth is up to the individual. It shouldbe easy enough to get an armor a week  or so even pecking the smaller targets. we have three weeks to get the new armors and prizes and hopefully after that it takes a while for them to  get to be a hundred and forty million points  for a new fm prize,lol It might be time to take the dragoon upgrades out of th eprize list and put the new ship in. Fm tools should be able to be won in the fm.
    ahava veshalom
  • BadIntention
    BadIntention
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 19
    nothing but another kixeye screw the players job.feed us your money and comply to your kixeye overlords.you idiots at kixeye are fn moron..not feeding you anymore coin for you to finish destroying this game on your greed..beat your wife and kids but you wont abuse me nor my game any longer and i will push for all i can to stop in this game.been rimmed enough by you clueless **** fkrs

• Berotans
    Berotans
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 64
    Think on the bright side, since i can only do two 133 or 137 per day, mean i can care less in this dam game.

=more time robbing  MULE
  • BadIntention
    BadIntention
    Greenhorn
    just bend over and grab your ancles.screwing the players is all the game is about,how much money they can screw you out of while destroying the game
  • BadIntention
    BadIntention
    Greenhorn
    kixeye updates means new ways of screwing up the game and screwing you out of money
  • Paulholio
    Paulholio
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 476
    Just did a new 133 target for 6.5 hours of damage... I hope we can bring this down.
    Paulholio
This discussion has been closed.