Assault raid 130 and 132: "LEGENDARY" NEMESIS X for 15-18mins repair (FINAL)

Jason_Y85
Jason_Y85
Potential Threat
Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 34
  • Kronose53
    Kronose53
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2019 Posts: 4
    very nice

• Cyanide Sandwich
    Cyanide Sandwich
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,166
    It really says something about the game when the last season's ships outperform the current season's. Unfortunately, kixeye does not like this happening, so if they arent hull locked before the end of this raid, they will be by next raid.
    Battle Pirates
    In-game name: Cyanide Sandwich              
    Home Sector: 21                                          Ship Design Discussion Group (Open to all): https://www.facebook.com/groups/118022991724717/
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.

• X1F3RGH0S7
    X1F3RGH0S7
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 58
    edited 15 Nov 2019, 9:14AM
    It really says something about the game when the last season's ships outperform the current season's. Unfortunately, kixeye does not like this happening, so if they arent hull locked before the end of this raid, they will be by next raid.
    Thats the sad truth unfortunately. Class and Tier lock wasnt enough and now they will hull lock targets
  • kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 237
    It's not exactly a standard build, so I hope people aren't trying this with a bog standard Nemesis fleet and wondering why they are dying.

You have to admire the ingenuity I guess, but it uses a lot of limited parts and expensive armour that most won't have spare. And with a limit of 10 build tokens to store, you can't refit for free either. So it's pretty pointless really apart from a proof of concept
  • stephenl90
    stephenl90
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 785
    Way different build to mine. I died after about 75% or 138k points.
  • Jason_Y85
    Jason_Y85
    Potential Threat
    It's not exactly a standard build, so I hope people aren't trying this with a bog standard Nemesis fleet and wondering why they are dying.

You have to admire the ingenuity I guess, but it uses a lot of limited parts and expensive armour that most won't have spare. And with a limit of 10 build tokens to store, you can't refit for free either. So it's pretty pointless really apart from a proof of concept

As seen, I took no damage from corrosive, mainly penetrative. I mounted D7COs which was equivalent to armorless against penetrative. U3 nemX is a must, you can go armorless on this, but U3 is a must. To address weapons, using older weapon means you take longer time to kill. I've gotten the latest one and had many tokens and decided to do a instant refit which was worth 10 days. 
    If you intend to send NemesisX into target, thinking oh it's an auto hull, I suggest you try that with pegasus and I GUARANTEE you get same result.
  • Jason_Y85
    Jason_Y85
    Potential Threat

It's not about the hull. It's about the pilot. Skill means everything. Most of the players are complaining about pegasus being crappy in target. I have to agree on that, because Kixeye introduced such a complex mechanics. However, with a WELL THOUGHT OUT build, pegasus can excel too. One thing to remember, RANGE negates all damage from dumbfire projectile.
  • Jason_Y85
    Jason_Y85
    Potential Threat
    Focus on pathing not my build. Build only means the time taken to destroy something. I can take whole day, eventually I get the job done.
  • stephenl90
    stephenl90
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 785
    Jason_Y85 said:
    Focus on pathing not my build. Build only means the time taken to destroy something. I can take whole day, eventually I get the job done.
    Believe me our builds are miles apart and even your expert driving could not complete the 130 with my fleet. I appreciate your videos though as at least it enticed me to give the Nemesis a try which I wouldn't have otherwise. I may scrap it now.
  • SoggyMango
    SoggyMango
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 212
    edited 15 Nov 2019, 5:02PM
    Top Banana!!! Well done Jason, a little out of the box thinking. Tried my Nemesis X at U0 standard build. Did just fine, a little slow and a time out here and there but done the target. A minor refit using the tokens I had and it has sped the kill up a little.
    Thanks for sharing that makes you an all round good egg.

Edit: I will 'exploit' this to the hilt for as long as it lasts.
    You are entitled to your opinion just not entitled to give it