9.46 Update Discussion (November Raid Week)

• carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 5,838
    edited 16 Nov 2019, 11:08PM

I think part of the problem is its not players intentionally ignoring it; its they just don't have the fleets for it. If you don't have a pegasus fleet built then its a slow boring grind. Even IF you have a dragoon fleet and not the pegasus, the points to damage is just not worth it. Some newer players don't even have saturn or nemisis fleets so they are left trying to grind with the free erad fleet that some got. And thats another part of the problem; even if you do have a good fleet, with all the grinding the game now requires; ( raid, bounty, pillage, 3 FMs a month) some players just can't be bothered with all the grinding. Some of the targets are not too bad IF you have a good fleet that you can hit a couple targets for decent points and slow repair; but for the lower lvl players that can't do that, its no wonder that they give up.

In my sector only 17 have over 10 mil; and 51 have over 1 mil in points.
    There really isn't any excuse for players (including "newer" players) not to have a pegasus fleet. The Hull was offered in a tlc that could be done with the free Kix Saturn's. Tech, vxp and build tokens were also offered in that tlc. With fm tokens and real time you could have had 4 hulls built and ranked capable of doing the s sets. My first experience of events was using seawolves for 4 days on insta repair. Im sure you were around for that too. I didnt expect to be top of the leaderboard and I wasnt given free fleets that could do the top targets. Newer players have never had it so good.

As far as the grind goes, the choice is the same as it always was. Put the seat time in or coin. You really cant put this on players not havin the tools.
    I have 2 new players in my alliance that didn't get the free saturn fleet. They started after they were handed out. So yes there is an excuse as its kind if HARD to do a TLC that is limited to 1 type of ship and if you don't have that ship you are screwed.
    Also they were prepared to put in the seat time but as its soo boring and grindy when you don't have decent fleets they gave up. It also looks like its not just low lvls giving up due to the boring grinds either.
  • FOD_DEFCON_1
    FOD_DEFCON_1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 38

I think part of the problem is its not players intentionally ignoring it; its they just don't have the fleets for it. If you don't have a pegasus fleet built then its a slow boring grind. Even IF you have a dragoon fleet and not the pegasus, the points to damage is just not worth it. Some newer players don't even have saturn or nemisis fleets so they are left trying to grind with the free erad fleet that some got. And thats another part of the problem; even if you do have a good fleet, with all the grinding the game now requires; ( raid, bounty, pillage, 3 FMs a month) some players just can't be bothered with all the grinding. Some of the targets are not too bad IF you have a good fleet that you can hit a couple targets for decent points and slow repair; but for the lower lvl players that can't do that, its no wonder that they give up.

There really isn't any excuse for players (including "newer" players) not to have a pegasus fleet. The Hull was offered in a tlc that could be done with the free Kix Saturn's. Tech, vxp and build tokens were also offered in that tlc. With fm tokens and real time you could have had 4 hulls built and ranked capable of doing the s sets. My first experience of events was using seawolves for 4 days on insta repair. Im sure you were around for that too. I didnt expect to be top of the leaderboard and I wasnt given free fleets that could do the top targets. Newer players have never had it so good.

As far as the grind goes, the choice is the same as it always was. Put the seat time in or coin. You really cant put this on players not havin the tools.
    I have 2 new players in my alliance that didn't get the free saturn fleet. They started after they were handed out. So yes there is an excuse as its kind if HARD to do a TLC that is limited to 1 type of ship and if you don't have that ship you are screwed.
    Also they were prepared to put in the seat time but as its soo boring and grindy when you don't have decent fleets they gave up. It also looks like its not just low lvls giving up due to the boring grinds either.
    Who gets the free Saturn fleet? I'm level 74 and instead of getting a free Saturn fleet, I got a free Eradicators fleet. Will I get a free Saturn fleet next Raid? Do I have to be at a certain level to get a free Saturn fleet? 
    The blood of the martyrs will water the meadows of France!
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord

Who gets the free Saturn fleet? I'm level 74 and instead of getting a free Saturn fleet, I got a free Eradicators fleet. Will I get a free Saturn fleet next Raid? Do I have to be at a certain level to get a free Saturn fleet? 
    Ask Andrew smith.  he is the one whose post I was replying to. He thinks there is no excuse for players not being able to do the raid as they all got a "free" saturn fleet.
  • PirateJack80
    PirateJack80
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 134
    Add more Pegasus Upgrade Tokens, only 5 tokens is to little to upgrade all Pegasus ships in 1 month now....
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,368
    I think the amount of people out hitting bases is great and fun but also  says something about how much effort is bein gput into ignoring this raid.

In my sector only 12 have over 10 mill points and 42 have over 1 mill.  Still a few days but it's a long slog and the S set takes up a lot of seat time.   Not surprised that points are so low really.  The cost of blitzing is just too high to even contemplate. The cost of the upgrade tokens is OTT for something that has become a necessity in the game and this needs to be looked at by Kix.  The bonus in the 80 set is so not worth doing for the damage inflicted by the 402.  This is not an enjoyable raid and slow repair is the only way to go for me as the boredom of doing just 2 x S sets at a go is about all I can bear of it - lol.
    i was expecting a busier sector over the weekend as people finished work, it has not happened. just the same few faces playing since we started this raid.
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • FFRODO
    FFRODO
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 71

The Saturns were only given out mid August. What event targets were you hitting or expecting to hit 3 months into the game?  2 players less than 3 months old is not reflective of the wider player base. They have the same challenges ahead that you did when you started the game. Better to realise it now rather than later if they`ve given up at the first hurdle.

Ive just watched a Youtube video of a regular content creator doing both S targets for instant repair. Its been a while since that was possible. "0 upgrades" in the title so im sure you can find it. At the same time i noticed a handful of videos from other players ive never seen make videos before so its clearly not boring and grindy for everyone. Ive had more fun raids in the past for sure but every event ive played in this game became grindy at some point.  
  • FFRODO
    FFRODO
    Potential Threat

I think that your comments are very self serving.  There are a lot of players that don't spend all the coin or free time on this game.  If you miss a week due to "life" stuff, you will never catch up without coining with as much content as Kixeye keeps shoving at us.  It is no longer a game to most of us, it has become a chore with little fun.  The only fun I had during this raid was sinking the base attacking idiot.  Twice and he coined repairs.  Go figure.
    You dont have to spend all your free time on the game but players need to be realistic with expectations the less time/coin they put in. Didnt do the tlc when it ran due to real life stuff? ok but what were those players doing 2 weeks before when the raid was on? Didnt get free Saturns when they were handed out in August for real life stuff? ok but what were those players building when the last assault cycle was on? Pushing out new content is the only way the game continues. Too fast for some is too slow for others.
  • David.C
    David.C
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 83
    Hey Kix's when you turn the damage up like you crooks do every raid I turn the spending down dumb ****!!
  • Little_Dean
    Little_Dean
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 97

I think that your comments are very self serving.  There are a lot of players that don't spend all the coin or free time on this game.  If you miss a week due to "life" stuff, you will never catch up without coining with as much content as Kixeye keeps shoving at us.  It is no longer a game to most of us, it has become a chore with little fun.  The only fun I had during this raid was sinking the base attacking idiot.  Twice and he coined repairs.  Go figure.
    You dont have to spend all your free time on the game but players need to be realistic with expectations the less time/coin they put in. Didnt do the tlc when it ran due to real life stuff? ok but what were those players doing 2 weeks before when the raid was on? Didnt get free Saturns when they were handed out in August for real life stuff? ok but what were those players building when the last assault cycle was on? Pushing out new content is the only way the game continues. Too fast for some is too slow for others.
    I'm so glad to know that your way is the only way.  I feel as though I have let myself down by not giving this game the full attention.  Thank you for clearing that up for me.  Now go ahead and comment, I know you will, you can't help showing your superiority.
  • Xevian
    Xevian
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 221

For a player who joined 5 years ago (meaning you Frodo) you don't seem to get it.  Not everyone has oodles of time, a trust fund or massive wealth to coin, an alliance to lean on, the knowledge and experience that is needed to play this pixel game or even a great internet connection to get all the wonderful fleets that might be required to do the raid sets let alone have a good enough build to do them.   Even newer players may not have a goon fleet or an eradicator fleet that is built by a player with reasonable knowledge of how to build a fleet and have it be efficacious too (not talking about those buy fleets from kix because their ability to build a fleet sucks).  Maybe these newer players weren't around when the free Saturns were handed out in August, mind you they weren't fully upgraded nor were they top of the line build, just a generic gift fleet, similar to the bat ray fleet a while back.  You should be happy that this game has a few newer players even though that won't last long at the rate people are leaving due to content overload, Kix's blatant refusal to give us an Upgrade Kit inventory tracker and to fix countless glitches and other driving/pathing issues (ie the drifting praetorians from 2 updates ago).   Not everyone that plays this game is prepared for each and every raid due to the unnecessary upgrading that is required for the all ships except the old tier 1-5 ships and a few others, another resource/time and money draining chore designed by WT and others that is idiotic, similar to their 2 month raid cycle strategy.   How about have some compassion for the newer players and help them out when you can (be a force of good rather than "you should have those fleets built and ready type of jerkweed)? 
  • RABBIT1
    RABBIT1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,192

@Little_Dean,
     I am going to take a wild guess here, that as your showing as a level 2, that this is an alt account for you.

Your right in what you wrote, but only if your determined to compete to an extent on every level. The trick with this game, is to choose a aspect of the game that you get most fun from.

As much as I hate to say the following, players below level 50 shouldn't even be considering the Monthly raid, their focus should be on building FM fleets and collecting the tech and build tokens in the FM. The same applies to base hitting, as much as smashing another players base is great fun, its also one of the main reasons that players rise through the levels so quickly.
    Its one of the biggest area's that kix has shot themselves in the foot, a game promoted as a PvP battle game, but by taking it at face value, your just hindering yourself for the future.

This game was originally designed so that spending coins just gained you time, it was and still is to an extent, possible to play coin free, but the biggest difference is that today you have to be very patient, and very selective in what you do.
    This game has never been a quick blow em up game, it has always been a long term strategy game,  in some cases you have to plan a path several months ahead.   
    My advice to any new player, is forget about PvP, and concentrate on PvE, until you have a very good base, are able to get T5 of the FM every week, and then be able to compete to some level in the events.

What me cynical, no, never, maybe!!, well I have been playing kix games for over 3 years.
    Remember its just a game, your life doesn't rely on you being the best.
    Sectors visited :- Who cares, been to some killed some stuff moved on.
    Hulls :- Yep got some and some have guns and stuff
  • FFRODO
    FFRODO
    Potential Threat
    Xevian said:

For a player who joined 5 years ago (meaning you Frodo) you don't seem to get it.  Not everyone has oodles of time, a trust fund or massive wealth to coin, an alliance to lean on, the knowledge and experience that is needed to play this pixel game or even a great internet connection to get all the wonderful fleets that might be required to do the raid sets let alone have a good enough build to do them.   Even newer players may not have a goon fleet or an eradicator fleet that is built by a player with reasonable knowledge of how to build a fleet and have it be efficacious too (not talking about those buy fleets from kix because their ability to build a fleet sucks).  Maybe these newer players weren't around when the free Saturns were handed out in August, mind you they weren't fully upgraded nor were they top of the line build, just a generic gift fleet, similar to the bat ray fleet a while back.  You should be happy that this game has a few newer players even though that won't last long at the rate people are leaving due to content overload, Kix's blatant refusal to give us an Upgrade Kit inventory tracker and to fix countless glitches and other driving/pathing issues (ie the drifting praetorians from 2 updates ago).   Not everyone that plays this game is prepared for each and every raid due to the unnecessary upgrading that is required for the all ships except the old tier 1-5 ships and a few others, another resource/time and money draining chore designed by WT and others that is idiotic, similar to their 2 month raid cycle strategy.   How about have some compassion for the newer players and help them out when you can (be a force of good rather than "you should have those fleets built and ready type of jerkweed)? 
    You didnt add anything to what the previous player said, other than a tangent about upgrades and a playround insult. I could return in kind but I wont. Re:upgrades, see Derpys videos doing the S sets for instant repair with 0 upgraded Pegasus. The clue is in the title.

Within a month or so of starting it was obvious to me that the game required either coin or seat time. This game has an organic live environment where things happen daily. That means regularly logging in at the very least. Other types of games save/continue progress at login/logout. For the lifestyle you describe, that type of game would suit 1000 times better. Doing it here is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole and then blaming the shape of the hole. I understand this game pretty well thanks. It seems its no so clear for others though.

I believe I covered the issue of new players. Saturns were given out in Mid August. This is far too early in their game to be expecting huge results from events. Before making assumptions in the future, swing by a sector im in and if ive finished up an event early, (which isnt regular lately) i will  prep targets for others including "little guys". I prefer to help players help themselves though. Spoonfeeding at the beginning is counter productive as it often leads to complacency and players not learning basics of the game.
  • Xevian
    Xevian
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 221
    Xevian said:

You didnt add anything to what the previous player said, other than a tangent about upgrades and a playround insult. I could return in kind but I wont. Re:upgrades, see Derpys videos doing the S sets for instant repair with 0 upgraded Pegasus. The clue is in the title.

Within a month or so of starting it was obvious to me that the game required either coin or seat time. This game has an organic live environment where things happen daily. That means regularly logging in at the very least. Other types of games save/continue progress at login/logout. For the lifestyle you describe, that type of game would suit 1000 times better. Doing it here is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole and then blaming the shape of the hole. I understand this game pretty well thanks. It seems its no so clear for others though.

I believe I covered the issue of new players. Saturns were given out in Mid August. This is far too early in their game to be expecting huge results from events. Before making assumptions in the future, swing by a sector im in and if ive finished up an event early, (which isnt regular lately) i will  prep targets for others including "little guys". I prefer to help players help themselves though. Spoonfeeding at the beginning is counter productive as it often leads to complacency and players not learning basics of the game.
    Point taken, as RABBIT1 said above new players need to concentrate on FM ships etc before they move on to raid ships, bounty, pillage, and worrying about their bases.  This game requires tons of seat time, been that way since the beginning unless you have a golden credit card.  Definitely agree about the spoonfeeding, learned when I started the game to get things for myself and not relying on more experienced players for help; now we have a group of players who depend on being handed everything and not actually work for their toys.
  • Philip_Marlowe
    Philip_Marlowe
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 154
    edited 17 Nov 2019, 10:23PM
    RABBIT1 said:

@Little_Dean,
     I am going to take a wild guess here, that as your showing as a level 2, that this is an alt account for you.

Your right in what you wrote, but only if your determined to compete to an extent on every level. The trick with this game, is to choose a aspect of the game that you get most fun from.

As much as I hate to say the following, players below level 50 shouldn't even be considering the Monthly raid, their focus should be on building FM fleets and collecting the tech and build tokens in the FM. The same applies to base hitting, as much as smashing another players base is great fun, its also one of the main reasons that players rise through the levels so quickly.
    Its one of the biggest area's that kix has shot themselves in the foot, a game promoted as a PvP battle game, but by taking it at face value, your just hindering yourself for the future.

This game was originally designed so that spending coins just gained you time, it was and still is to an extent, possible to play coin free, but the biggest difference is that today you have to be very patient, and very selective in what you do.
    This game has never been a quick blow em up game, it has always been a long term strategy game,  in some cases you have to plan a path several months ahead.   
    My advice to any new player, is forget about PvP, and concentrate on PvE, until you have a very good base, are able to get T5 of the FM every week, and then be able to compete to some level in the events.

Rabbit1: No disrespect, but I would not even focus on building a good base - at least not for defense.  For lower-level players in Battle Pirates today, the base - at this point - is nothing more than a place to build ships.  Expect to be farmed.  I cannot argue with focusing on weekly FM, but that's not much fun.  The highlight of the game - when I joined five years ago - was the raid.  Need alliance help to prep targets.  Once you have first decent fleet to compete in raid, you can begin earning fleet for next cycle from raid and pillage.  Having said that, the targets in raid take so long to kill - if you're driving carefully - who will be willing to prep?
  • novartis
    novartis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 156
    You know what? I've player this game with some hiatus over here and there. starting as the second year batch where everything is all researchable, than coming back at the 5th year, looking just how complicated this thing has gone to. Always managed to get the outdated hull, and skipping raid as there's no fleet to do raid decently. Bailing out again at 6th year as can't cope out with all the work where my IB could only slow grind 89, which even require to be driven by myself to only makes it doable. Last, just coming back at april this year, seeing that, oh, maybe there's some chance!

Well? 

True, I could get the newest ship, yet its only for raid. True, I start to get the grip of the game better. However, there's another thing: Seat time increased exponentially.

I'm done kix. This isn't game anymore. This is chore, chore, and chore, as if we're just some puny maid to be squeeze out of our gold.

I'm done.

Not gonna be back, it seems.

Welcome back, my hobbies.
    In the end, it just down into maths, pure maths. We just don't really know how their math works.
  • Terry Charlton
    Terry Charlton
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2019 Posts: 31

Quite a few players didn't get the saturns.

• FFRODO
    FFRODO
    Potential Threat

Quite a few players didn't get the saturns.

I cant be sure but looking at your previous posts and timelines you`ve mentioned coming back after some time away. Your "rejoin" date would have been right around the time the rollout occurred. If it was after, its going to suck, and no easy way to say it, but you wouldnt have been eligible. There were some threads at the time from players who claimed they didnt get the flagship and some who didnt receive the normal hulls. CM Ghillie was  responsive on threads, organised a cleanup fairly quickly and advised players to raise tickets or PM if they still hadnt received the ships.  

I cant confirm if you definitely were or werent eligible because the timestamps dont show exactly and I cant find the date of the initial rollout or the cleanup. I wouldnt want to raise your hopes as some time has passed now, but it might be worth a ticket to CS. If you dont have access to support you can PM a moderator or CM Ghillie and see if there is anything that can be done. Fingers crossed for you.
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    damage in the 402s is insane.  what doesn't help is the **** ships don't move when you try clicking for it to move.  has ANYONE in kixeye actually TESTED these targets as it don't look like it.