9.46 Update Discussion (November Raid Week)

• vvat4er
    vvat4er
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 56
    New war pegasi CIC is nice! Extra 50% survival to whole fleet, in close range though.
    And a lot of tokens to get...
    Torpedoes, huh? New sub raid incoming in December? Good to know.
    I hope this would be nice aasy raid, Gl. 
    Thnx Kixeye!
  • Lakhbir Singh
    Lakhbir Singh
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 361
    another event with over powered targets a i bet 

happens every raid
    COOT is recruiting; please PM Scorpious_DOW for details
  • john.dean.1291421
    john.dean.1291421
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 674
    Hey Chris I see there are some conquerer and defender hulls in the raid any chance the Subjagator could be added?
  • john.dean.1291421
    john.dean.1291421
    Strike-force Captain
    So the new torpedo is not a raid prize we can buy? its only for players who have a full flagged Pegasus fleet who hit the top target set and get shards? or did I miss something?
  • john.dean.1291421
    john.dean.1291421
    Strike-force Captain
    Perhaps I am wrong but if this is a Siege cycle why is the top set for Assault hulls and even more only the very latest ones?
  • PirateJack80
    PirateJack80
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 134

War Pegasus Upgrade Token (1d)

currency

Pegasus Upgrade Token (1d)

currency

Only 5 Claims for the Pegasus?
  • RABBIT1
    RABBIT1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,192
    bounty808 said:
    And no FM during the raid to do ....what's up with THAT ...???   i can only hit so much cargo...before its ...work ...C'mon KIX  think about us wee ones and fi this/////

Your a level 98, your NOT a wee lower level player.
    What me cynical, no, never, maybe!!, well I have been playing kix games for over 3 years.
    Remember its just a game, your life doesn't rely on you being the best.
    Sectors visited :- Who cares, been to some killed some stuff moved on.
    Hulls :- Yep got some and some have guns and stuff
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 938
    The assault upgrade token doesn't work on the peg flagship.  I feel like I'm owed a replacement for the upgrade kit that I wasted for canceling the upgrade due to the token not working.
  • dave55robinson
    dave55robinson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 236
    RABBIT1 said:
    bounty808 said:
    And no FM during the raid to do ....what's up with THAT ...???   i can only hit so much cargo...before its ...work ...C'mon KIX  think about us wee ones and fi this/////

base level means nothing
  • mudshark199
    mudshark199
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 1
    well, the update seems to have screwed the Flash enabler
  • blackheart300
    blackheart300
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 92
    So after  all the time we have had the praetorian  and actualy being able to do the  targets fairly free.. we now have too UpGrade Two  fleets  so choose between Raid and FM ,,  How much do you think you can screw out of this game? gettimg way too much ,, Like i stated before  i do not know any manufacturer who would sell you a ,otor then turn around and say by the way you need to upgrade your car  van tank whatever before you can use it ... Getting to be a pain in the rear end  with the money grab for a supposedly FREE GAME 

• Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,286
    So after  all the time we have had the praetorian  and actualy being able to do the  targets fairly free.. we now have too UpGrade Two  fleets  so choose between Raid and FM ,,  How much do you think you can screw out of this game? gettimg way too much ,, Like i stated before  i do not know any manufacturer who would sell you a ,otor then turn around and say by the way you need to upgrade your car  van tank whatever before you can use it ... Getting to be a pain in the rear end  with the money grab for a supposedly FREE GAME 

I think they are also in conjunction with the HTML5 switch making BP a pay as you go game.

They are and seem to be systematically pushing out the low to non coiners as they don't give them any benefit to the game ($$$ for them) and keeping the whales which as we know provide their pay checks.

That being said this hasn't been a free game for a very long time, and my opinion, especially of late with ALL the issues, changes, nerfs, readjustments I couldn't justify spending any money on this for those reasons as well as the ones stated above.

Derpythecow is trying this raid with his fleet at U0,

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/767319 

in an attempt to prove that upgrades are not necessarily needed for raids....it will be interesting to see the outcome of this...I know I will be watching with interest.
  • kixeyeuser_1388600479319_1249361144
    kixeyeuser_1388600479319_1249361144
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 225
    So now there are multiple types of upgrades?? Have you not head the screams of the masses that we HATE the idea of upgrades in general. Back to two fleets? I will reserve final judgement till I see how the targets go but right now you are getting a solid *facepalm* from this pirate.
    Upgrade Pirates is not as fun as Battle Pirates
  • Skeptical
    Skeptical
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 536
    Prize List Designer made an error...
    Unless you really wanting to give 5 hulls out for this price, then by all means.
    Probably the right price given their current worth, but thats different story.

• RABBIT1
    RABBIT1
    Incursion Leader
    RABBIT1 said:
    bounty808 said:

base level means nothing
    Actually base level means everything.
    If someone has managed to get to level 98 and still doesn't have the fleet / fleets to at the very least compete to a reasonable level in this coming raid, it just means that they have chosen a path that hasn't prioritised raid fleets.
    Thats entirely their choice, but don't then come on here moaning that they don't have any fleets capable of doing the raid.

Priority's should imo always be,
    FM fleet = gets you the tech and build tokens = a full fleet ready for the 2nd raid of the cycle = new hull + weapons for next cycle.
    Raid fleet = latest tech etc
    Base Defence fleet
    Base attack fleet
    The last two gain you nothing worthwhile but are a bit of fun. 
    What me cynical, no, never, maybe!!, well I have been playing kix games for over 3 years.
  • fozze the pirate
    fozze the pirate
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 226
    can we have shrike kits please, not tokens but kits so we can use tokens
  • Stuart Mcandrew
    Stuart Mcandrew
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 8
    RABBIT1 said:
    RABBIT1 said:
    bounty808 said:

base level means nothing
    If someone has managed to get to level 98 and still doesn't have the fleet / fleets to at the very least compete to a reasonable level in this coming raid, it just means that they have chosen a path that hasn't prioritised raid fleets.
    Thats entirely their choice, but don't then come on here moaning that they don't have any fleets capable of doing the raid.

FM fleet = gets you the tech and build tokens = a full fleet ready for the 2nd raid of the cycle = new hull + weapons for next cycle.
    Base Defence fleet
    Base attack fleet
    f you when you jump 35 level's as a new player due to forced upgrades go jump back in a man cave
  • RABBIT1
    RABBIT1
    Incursion Leader
    RABBIT1 said:
    RABBIT1 said:
    bounty808 said:

base level means nothing

Base Defence fleet
    Base attack fleet
    f you when you jump 35 level's as a new player due to forced upgrades go jump back in a man cave
    Forced upgrades? its been a long while since I have been a new player.
    In my experience, the main reason players jump up levels, is because they upgrade buildings that are not a priority, they build base hitting fleets and go and hit bases.

As a new player your only priority should be building a reasonable FM fleet and the associated buildings that allow you to use them.

Whilst base hitting is fun, its also what causes most new players the biggest issues. I know, a game promoted as a base hitting game, but by playing the way the game is promoted, just fcks you up for the future.
  • mkrebello
    mkrebello
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 26
    10D 4H War Pegasus Upgrade to X1, 10 days of upgrade tokens availble in raid...check, 6D 9H 12M per Pegasus Upgrade to X1, 5 days of Pegasus upgrade tokens available total, and 0 (Zero) Praetorian Upgrade Tokens....checkmate!
  • kevin.meurs.9
    kevin.meurs.9
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 197

I thought i was claiming shards ??

CM Chillie is this by desighn or did you made a mistake ?

• DADakaDTM
    DADakaDTM
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 203
    RAID: HUNT FOR THE CHIMERA - T8.5 ASSAULT CYCLE STRATEGY GUIDE

Seriously  I mean the day of the raid  Seriously   :neutral::neutral::neutral:
  • Merle Haynes
    Merle Haynes
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 67
    In case you all haven't noticed, we haven't heard one word from our beloved Kix Rep.  That should pretty much say it all, they don't care what we think/feel, can or can not do.  I expect to see the leader board with a 3 million total.  Today.
  • Jim_BP
    Jim_BP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 521
    this **** is bananas.

pumped so much time into a pegasus fleet, but without a flag that was released days before raid, and no lower tier targets for it, theres nothing to hit.
    Between the insane amounts of upgrades and time to build/upgrade vs longevity of a fleet, i just cant be bothered anymore kix. no fun: no players

• jasebase
    jasebase
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 143
    So been away for a while, come back and sweet a raid...

Look at the targets, and what do I see, targets that can only be ht by certain hulls....ok not that new, only thing is I don't have any of those hulls....

Then in comms, I find out that the lower tier targets can be hit by any fleet/hull - sweet I say, grind out some points on the lower levels and get me some newer and better hulls.

In I go with my gifted Bat fleet, only to find it is useless! Yes I know a skirmish fleet vs Siege target not ideal, this is definitely so!!! I didn't do any target damage, but received 20mins of damage for my effort.

Guess from my point, I can't catch up, or better yet get anything from this raid, so off I go again. This time I think, will be the last.

Enjoy the raid for those of you that can actually get points.