Pillage Prizes

FOD_DEFCON_1
FOD_DEFCON_1
Potential Threat
Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 38
Should I get the Resonance Battery or Resonance Capacitator? Do they both increase the effect of friendly Auras? What about enemy Auras? And if they are as powerful as I think they are, and they always activate on some hulls due to some hulls always having an Aura, why don't I see them more often?
The blood of the martyrs will water the meadows of France!
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,342
    Resonance Capacitor is the superior special. Primarily they are more of a PvP special nowadays. 

Both specials provide the buffs listed on the print only to the ship they are attached two when that ship is under the effects of a field that acts as a resonance trigger. The trick is looking for the trigger.

For example, most modern PvE fleets all generate some kind of field to buff the fleet, but very few of them are res triggers.
    Pegasus, Dragoon, Saturn, Nemesis X, Silverfish, Praetorians all generate fleet buffing fields, but none of them are resonance triggers, and thus it would basically be a wasted special on these ships.

To find an appropriate trigger you need to look for something that has the line of text "Resonance Trigger: Yes" on it. 
    Lightshot screenshot

After that you need to look to see if it is a friendly effect or a hostile effect.
    Friendly effects will act as a trigger for your fleet.
    Hostile effects will act as a trigger for enemy fleets.
  • FOD_DEFCON_1
    FOD_DEFCON_1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 38
    Thank you. Would you recommend using the Imperator's Praetorian's Tortoise Formation Aura to activate the Resonance Battery/Capacitator? I just don't know how close enemies have to be in order to trigger it. 
    The blood of the martyrs will water the meadows of France!
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,342
    No, I wouldn't.

Explosive Battery is far better in my opinion. You trade 6% explosive damage for 80% building damage, slightly more survival, and don't have to worry about having a trigger.
  • Starting A Fire
    Starting A Fire
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 25
    Resonance Capacitor is the superior special. Primarily they are more of a PvP special nowadays. 

Both specials provide the buffs listed on the print only to the ship they are attached two when that ship is under the effects of a field that acts as a resonance trigger. The trick is looking for the trigger.

For example, most modern PvE fleets all generate some kind of field to buff the fleet, but very few of them are res triggers.
    Pegasus, Dragoon, Saturn, Nemesis X, Silverfish, Praetorians all generate fleet buffing fields, but none of them are resonance triggers, and thus it would basically be a wasted special on these ships.

To find an appropriate trigger you need to look for something that has the line of text "Resonance Trigger: Yes" on it. 
    Lightshot screenshot

After that you need to look to see if it is a friendly effect or a hostile effect.
    Friendly effects will act as a trigger for your fleet.
    Hostile effects will act as a trigger for enemy fleets.
    I've heard some debate on whether or not these work for Defenders and/or Conquerors. Can you confirm or deny? (Assuming they meet the criteria you mentioned.)