9.45 UPDATE DISCUSSION THREAD (NOVEMBER PILLAGE)

• nubz
    nubz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 277
    wasnt there gorgon upgrade tokens in the pillage? i swear i seen them there last night but i dont see em no more...
  • Jnglwmn
    Jnglwmn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 226
    edited 8 Nov 2019, 4:30AM
    The 128s are excessive.  
  • MissElizabeth
    MissElizabeth
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 1
    nubz said:
    wasnt there gorgon upgrade tokens in the pillage? i swear i seen them there last night but i dont see em no more...
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/767110

Do you see it in that list?
  • xXMudBoneXx
    xXMudBoneXx
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2019 Posts: 25
    Ok so here is my build and damage from a 128 while using a Stealhead* crew on auto.

Below is a 2nd pic same fleet right after battle.

This is the best i can do on auto. i would point out that the damage is pretty much the same while driving.
  • X1F3RGH0S7
    X1F3RGH0S7
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 58
    Ok so here is my build and damage from a 128 while using a Stealhead* crew on auto.

Below is a 2nd pic same fleet right after battle.

This is the best i can do on auto. i would point out that the damage is pretty much the same while driving.
    Running 128 doesnt require skill, its designed to inflict as much damage as possible to the player when compared to 130 where people can take down the gluttony with suppressor then finish the rest with fishes
  • Archangel_1
    Archangel_1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 388
    Pillage 128 is set up as a gauntlet, you have to run it their way, no pathing allowed.  Thus your fleet is under fire constantly and you WILL take a lot of damage no matter what you do (auto or drive).  I have a pretty well built Praetorian fleet built for the FM 131 targets (that are going away in a couple of weeks) (Yes, the 128 target is both type and fleet locked, as are the other targets) and I average about 4-4.5 hours damage per 128.   

The 130 is more manageable on damage IF you use a Suppressor.  No Suppressor and you'll average about 3.5 hours damage per 130.

Given the prize costs (to say nothing of the naked War Pegasus 7+day build which negates its availability for the Nov. Raid) being way high, unless you want or can spend lots of coin, just work on getting the War Pegasus and maybe have it available for the Dec. Raid.

If you want to grind out some points, the Dragon fleet can do the 67 target (1250 points) for instant in base repair.  Very slow way to get points, but can be done for free coin cost and lots of seat time. 
  • Archangel_1
    Archangel_1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 388
    By the way, the FM requires about 600 million points to clear stuff (about double what it used to be), but you also need your Praetorian fleet to have any chance of amassing anywhere near the required points.  So if you trash your Praetorian fleet in the Pillage....  'nuff said.   

I choose not to spend coin on this obvious "set up" and wish the whale coiners well.  I'll bet even they are getting tired of their costs escalating exponentially.

Kixeye doesn't listen (new ownership not withstanding) and has never listened to the player base.  So grousing about it is rather pointless...live with it or leave it are about our only realistic choices.

And don't get me started on the never-ending chain of "Managing the Community" workers who try to make it seem like Kixeye is listening (they are not other than a rare occasion that gets trumpeted as they "hear us").
  • Eddie7
    Eddie7
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 53
    What about the twisting boat bug? Are they going to fix it anytime soon??? Or all you want is our **** coin?
  • kixeyeuser_1388600479319_1249361144
    kixeyeuser_1388600479319_1249361144
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 225
    Besides all of the other issues mentioned here... what's up with the pricing of tech in a "catch up" event?? The Glaive (upgrade weapon from LAST raid cycle) is 25K and the Bladed Pinion Missile (upgraded weapon from the CURRENT raid cycle) is 10K??? Yes, we need a lot more missiles but... really? Rapid Roller Bearings (current) cost the same as Scatter System II (pretty darn old)... uh, what? I can not for the life of me understand how Kixeye comes up with this stuff.
    Upgrade Pirates is not as fun as Battle Pirates
  • David.C
    David.C
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 83
    Hey Kocks I mean Kixs why can't you crooks leave the damage the same as it is on the first day!!
  • msantosjr
    msantosjr
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 195
    And then... when you found the right path to minimize the damage, here comes the LAG! smh
  • lick007
    lick007
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 8
    I redeemed points for the Glaive PAC, but I can not refit my Ironclaw with it as it is not showing as a option to add, has anyone seen this, 
    refreshed, what gives

• Tom Kiss
    Tom Kiss
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 27
    anybody know question happened to forsaken council page on FB?

• Hoot343
    Hoot343
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 260
    Tom Kiss said:
    anybody know question happened to forsaken council page on FB?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TFCBP/?ref=bookmarks
  • RABBIT1
    RABBIT1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,192
    Pillage 128 is set up as a gauntlet, you have to run it their way, no pathing allowed.  Thus your fleet is under fire constantly and you WILL take a lot of damage no matter what you do (auto or drive).  I have a pretty well built Praetorian fleet built for the FM 131 targets (that are going away in a couple of weeks) (Yes, the 128 target is both type and fleet locked, as are the other targets) and I average about 4-4.5 hours damage per 128.   

The 130 is more manageable on damage IF you use a Suppressor.  No Suppressor and you'll average about 3.5 hours damage per 130.

Given the prize costs (to say nothing of the naked War Pegasus 7+day build which negates its availability for the Nov. Raid) being way high, unless you want or can spend lots of coin, just work on getting the War Pegasus and maybe have it available for the Dec. Raid.

If you want to grind out some points, the Dragon fleet can do the 67 target (1250 points) for instant in base repair.  Very slow way to get points, but can be done for free coin cost and lots of seat time. 
    Totally agree with you re the 128, its a money generator for kix, unless you have the exact right build, I don't but have seen a couple of vids with praets doing 8/10 128's before repair.

The 130 tho is really doable, I have now got those down to dock insta in most cases, sometimes a minute or two.
    It takes forever to complete one tho, I kill two ships at a time then retreat, map insta with Steelheads 1 star crew, then after the final batch its normally dock insta rep.

My method,
    I kill the two nearest ships, the retreat. I then kill two of the four next down, retreat then kill the other two. Then two more from the four top left, retreat, then the other two.
    That leaves the roving ships at the bottom. Go straight down avoiding the heavy torps, wait for the roving four two come into range, kill them one by one. Go around the bottom island and wait at the edge corner. Two will come into range, kill them, then rush the last two, sit on top of them as the torp sub has a minimum range and won't fire at you.
    Back to dock, repair, rinse and repeat.
    Its taking me about 20 minutes per 130. 
    What me cynical, no, never, maybe!!, well I have been playing kix games for over 3 years.
    Remember its just a game, your life doesn't rely on you being the best.
    Sectors visited :- Who cares, been to some killed some stuff moved on.
    Hulls :- Yep got some and some have guns and stuff
  • novartis
    novartis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 156
    128 a bit of tips: use a ship as bait, stack the rest some distance away. Really cut down the taken damage up to half.
    In the end, it just down into maths, pure maths. We just don't really know how their math works.
  • warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,949

@lick007 said:
    I redeemed points for the Glaive PAC, but I can not refit my Ironclaw with it as it is not showing as a option to add, has anyone seen this, 
    refreshed, what gives

Glaive PAC is a normal weapon.. it is NOT the HEAVY PAC for the ironclae dragoon.

Glaive PAC goes in a STANDARD weapon slot. You can only equip 1.
    You can redeem 5 because 1 goes on ironclaw and the 4 others goes on your 4 normal dragoons at 1 per ship.

• vvat4er
    vvat4er
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 56
    Liked this pillage, got the flag, and ... thats enough.
    Respawn for targets in populated sec could be slight faster, more than 2 per 15min per drac base.
    Thnx Kixeye!
  • Alexa the BAE
    Alexa the BAE
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 434

What happened to the pillage store?

Upon event close the icon on my screen indicated: 
            "Prize Redemption Ends in 2 Days"
    "a computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing"
This discussion has been closed.