So Kixeye just broke Pharmakon and phasing what now?

EQUINOX 600
EQUINOX 600
Strike-force Captain
Joined May 2012 Posts: 811
So v2 is now live and it utterly breaks the point of Pharmakon and its phasing ability ( I see why Kixeye are so proud ) lol, yes the fleet linking is a good aspect as this stops people pulling a ship out of sync but now both player and ai fleets can target and fire at you while phased, the whole point of phasing as sold to us by Kixeye was that your ships phase and cant fire or be targeted to allow you time to ether close the gap or pull back to regroup, now after V2 Pharmakon ships are basically like any other only now sometimes they have less DPS / people can clearly see you and rush you / fast AI fleets can now rush you.

I guess its one way to force people to get interested in tier 8 ( wonder if KIxeye are proud )

Anyway as the title says " what now" so I guess the question is what can Pharmakon be used for now or what phase changes could be proposed or what fleet set ups might make things a little better?
       Those ships are silly the people would need to be the size of ants to use them.
  • Don't Speak
    Don't Speak
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 435
    V2 was implemented to protect T8 from Omega and to stop farming with Daemon!
  • Kereg the Fallen
    Kereg the Fallen
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 204
    Well what is the point of the new X-wing really if phasing is this pointless too?
    For the mighty Pangolin
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,819

V2 was to stop the occurence of taking zero dmg via phase and skill

Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • whiteandcold
    whiteandcold
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 35

Yeah theyre broke pharmakon pretty clearly. Now this faction is only matches for pve) Yesterday saw a vid where behemoth destroyed segfault which mean to be a counter. Omegas now simply cant reach t8 umbra in pvp. Common phase screen on whole fleet another stupid idea, why i used to fit my ships one by one if it has one screen for whole fleet. Bet mk for t8 deals arent selling good enough, so lets mess up all another ships. Only t8 vs t8. Primitive af. Not interested.

sky crawlers
  • Ditomasso
    Ditomasso
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 69
    Its insane that this is possible, you design a fleet around his speciallitys , let players spend money and time on it and then make them worthless. In fact its conning.
  • Don't Speak
    Don't Speak
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 435
    Ditomasso said:
    Its insane that this is possible, you design a fleet around his speciallitys , let players spend money and time on it and then make them worthless. In fact its conning.
    It is the Kixeye way!
  • Geoff689
    Geoff689
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 38
    I just had my Behemoth mk V with 3% damage, inflict 6% damage to a Segfault fleet before getting destroyed. Weird, huh?
  • Geoff689
    Geoff689
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 38
    Geoff689 said:
    I just had my Behemoth mk V with 3% damage, inflict 6% damage to a Segfault fleet before getting destroyed. Weird, huh?
    To be clear, I only had 3% life left in my Behemoth and the opposing ship was 100%. 
  • Alex Videoman
    Alex Videoman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 40

@whiteandcold said:
    Yeah theyre broke pharmakon pretty clearly. Now this faction is only matches for pve) Yesterday saw a vid where behemoth destroyed segfault which mean to be a counter. Omegas now simply cant reach t8 umbra in pvp. Common phase screen on whole fleet another stupid idea, why i used to fit my ships one by one if it has one screen for whole fleet. Bet mk for t8 deals arent selling good enough, so lets mess up all another ships. Only t8 vs t8. Primitive af. Not interested.

It has always been like this with every tier. The new ship/ faction would always win against the previous. Only this year has a failed rps even been attempted and the first attempt at counter ships.

• Mateoski
    Mateoski
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 151
    To me, the best solution is to make it so only Pharmakon and the Altairians can target phased ships.
  • whiteandcold
    whiteandcold
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 35

@Alex Videoman said:

@whiteandcold said:

It has always been like this with every tier. The new ship/ faction would always win against the previous. Only this year has a failed rps even been attempted and the first attempt at counter ships.

New faction beat old faction its obvious mate, the problem little different than that.
    T7 Pharma cant hardly beat anything even t7 umbra whether meant to be a counter. Its about poor balancing, not t8 vs t7 problem.

sky crawlers
  • Sexy Foxy
    Sexy Foxy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 452
    edited 6 Nov 2019, 8:13AM
    Simply.... game is completly gone...... who is the fool ... to continue spent time of is life in this game.....
    ...new tier T8.... respect nothing of the old rules..... better to play a new game instead....
    .....or whait for..... the "Big Rebalancement II" Paul Preece's Revenge !
    Ex ... Mascotte Nova - Blog Vega in Italiano QUI
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    phasing  is  like  neon  visible,  wtf  is the  point of "invisible" even if they  got it wrong the first time, now its  just "visible"
  • DARKHUNNTER
    DARKHUNNTER
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 80
    Phasing is not as good as it used to be, but still its not THAT bad, could be much worse.

Pharmakon still has its speed boost, which still allows it to effectively kite and stay out of range for most of the time. But yes, its nowhere near to what it was, especially not skill-vise. Now its just a fast version of every other ship in the game. More like altarian ships which compensate their defenses for speed, but the problem is that is NOT how pharmakon was advertised.

The sad thing is, there are plenty of other things to do and fix in this game, which takes ages for Kikx to even talk about, not to mention fix, while phasing 2.0 was released within a month from the first note about it. Also given how bad is the concept behind it, it was obviously rushed and not tested properly, or at least not for t7 but be sure that t8 pharmakon ships will find great use of phasing 2.0, which is also very very sad.

Rises one big question, what is the point in spending RL money into something, which not only is going to get outdated, but it may also be potentially nerfed so badly it wont be even useful to just have occasional fun with lower lvl fleets, since T7 pharma is not even useful for that now.
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd

Rises one big question, what is the point in spending RL money into something, which not only is going to get outdated, but it may also be potentially nerfed so badly it wont be even useful to just have occasional fun with lower lvl fleets, since T7 pharma is not even useful for that now.
    There  isn't,and  the trend that  you  mention will NEVER change
  • DARKHUNNTER
    DARKHUNNTER
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 80

There  isn't,and  the trend that  you  mention will NEVER change
    Iv been with this game for a very long time, I think I joined the game shortly after closed beta.

And unfortunately, I have to agree with you. This is why a few years ago sectors used to be full to the point you were unable to farm anything, as soon as the NPC fleet spawned, someone hit it. Now I haven't seen a sector with more than 20-30 players in it at the time (including deep space sectors). I would say MAX i see nowadays is 40-50 in a sector, and even this number might be too high.

This model could hold in the past, since vega was really unique in many ways, and there were no similar games out there on the market. Now that changed and its only matter of time since people start realizing this. Only time will show if I was right or wrong on this one.
  • Alex Videoman
    Alex Videoman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 40

Games been downhill since demon corps

• jm1978
    jm1978
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 706

I think it's too bad really. I was able to farm certain things using a Daemon mk4 - which I worked to get - with skill and do ok...now that same Daemon mk4 is basically useless. The advantage that made it not only useful, but fun to fly, is gone and I will no longer have a good purpose for it.

I don't feel like changes of this nature improve the game or the user experience at all. Certainly does not get me excited to play more like I have been for some time. Please fix it.

• copperhead34567
    copperhead34567
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 34
    Kixeye don't, and never had, any interest in the player experience.  They have no clue how to run this game, except into the ground.
  • Got No Coin
    Got No Coin
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 635
    I agree, it is now garbage. Fact is, when all the ships were phasing at different rates that is when it took skill to manage them on the fly. Phasing is virtually pointless now.
  • ironspam
    ironspam
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 124
    Pharmakon = Farm and Con?  Guess who's farming and who's getting conned!
  • Ariel_Alejandro3
    Ariel_Alejandro3
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 22
    Mateoski said:
    To me, the best solution is to make it so only Pharmakon and the Altairians can target phased ships.
    I totally agree with you. And I think this would be an option.
    What I also saw was that you could attack with a single Daemon the enemy bases without suffering damage. Some item would be missing to place in the structures that the ships detect when they are in phase.

Estoy totalmente de acuerdo con ustedes. Y creo que esta seria una opción.
    Lo que también veía es que podías atacar con un solo Daemon las bases enemigas sin sufrir daño. Faltaría algún ítem para colocar en las estructuras que detecte las naves cuando estén en fase.
  • Dirt Gee
    Dirt Gee
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 848

See kixeye is known to play against the players why would you wanna stop farming with Daemon ships just another way to stop the player from advancing reason I quit the first time how can we play against the game and the developers Phamakons are Dead Waste perfect good ships reduced to nothing they can’t even kill What they are suppose to kill boy we got some dumb people on the think tank for vega Conflict throw the entire staff away

• Jacob Rocha
    Jacob Rocha
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 11

Kixeye is trash lmao

• Mateoski
    Mateoski
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 151
    edited Yesterday, 5:10PM
    Mateoski said:
    I totally agree with you. And I think this would be an option.
    What I also saw was that you could attack with a single Daemon the enemy bases without suffering damage. Some item would be missing to place in the structures that the ships detect when they are in phase.

Estoy totalmente de acuerdo con ustedes. Y creo que esta seria una opción.
    Lo que también veía es que podías atacar con un solo Daemon las bases enemigas sin sufrir daño. Faltaría algún ítem para colocar en las estructuras que detecte las naves cuando estén en fase.
    Storywise, this would make sense too. How I see it is like this:

The Altairians would be able to attack phased ships because the Altairians in the past have developed technology and countermeasures innately built within all of their ships to be able to target phased ships.

Pharmakon would also be able to attack phased ships since Pharmakon ships are able to travel into the pocket dimension and fight each other.

Umbra wouldn't be able to attack phased ships since Umbra knows nothing of how Pharmakon operates (no pun intended) and are more focused on countering the Altairians.

Phasing V2 CAN work, but this nerf to Umbra would need to be implemented.

Another thing that would need to be implemented is how screens worked back in Phasing V1. The Phase Pooling is definitely a welcomed change since it keeps all Pharmakon ships in sync with each other and determines the strength of phasing as well, but what I'm sure everyone, myself included DOES NOT like is how in V2 when you take damage while unphased, your phase pool resets. Umbra can take huge advantage of that to keep their ablation up and DoT stacks down against them by Pharmakon down. Screens to me need to work like shields when unphased and are able to be taken down like in V1.

I get that Umbra wouldn't have much of a chance against Pharmakon like back in Phasing V1, but you're not supposed to be fighting Pharmakon using Umbra in the first place.