Having Battle pirates on Steam

SomeGuy96
SomeGuy96
Potential Threat
Joined May 2013 Posts: 49
Hey guys i know we all are getting really tired of all the Lag and messages coming from the server which we all know is pretty outdated and is always causing us grief on the FB and kixeye Platforms my idea is why dont kixeye put Battle pirates on steam kixeye had put Vega Conflict on it and it is doing very very well we all know BP started out as a Beta game and some how still is but with it being on steam we wouldnt have any of the problems that we are having now i would like some positive feed back on this request 

thank you CaptMaddawg
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,742
    What is Steam?

• SomeGuy96
    SomeGuy96
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 49
    a better experience for gamers a game site that works better than fb 
  • Bill Mcbride
    Bill Mcbride
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 62
    SomeGuy96 said:
    Hey guys i know we all are getting really tired of all the Lag and messages coming from the server which we all know is pretty outdated and is always causing us grief on the FB and kixeye Platforms my idea is why dont kixeye put Battle pirates on steam kixeye had put Vega Conflict on it and it is doing very very well we all know BP started out as a Beta game and some how still is but with it being on steam we wouldnt have any of the problems that we are having now i would like some positive feed back on this request 

thank you CaptMaddawg
    I doubt its old servers, the battle server and open water servers are separate machines. there could be so many other factors causing issues. I would start with load sharing and bandwidth first to figure the problem. the sever required to run BP would not have to be that substantial. the graphics is rendered on our end, so its simple data going back and forth. I would look to bandwidth second because they do not get unlimited speed and data, im sure there is a throttle point for what ever tier they are at. there would no need to constantly pay for a tier they wont utilize so they probably went down one level to save money, just my 2 cents worth.